Even if you do not create a home medicine kit specifically, it still appears to you - from the remnants of previously taken medicines, or bought specifically for the holidays and brought back unused tablets and powders. And, if so, then it is better not to let this process take its course, and consciously make the home medicine chest comfortable and useful for the whole family.
What should be in the home medicine chest.
The first aid kit is formed depending on the composition of the family, the age of the children, personal characteristics and inclinations to certain diseases. But the principle of its formation and the main components are almost always the same.
First, collect all the drugs that you already have, and go through them, throwing everything that has a dubious appearance, damp, changed color, has no name, dosage, indications of shelf life. Also, in no case should you use tablets or capsules without packages, even if it seems to you that you know their name! Feel free to send to the tr
Separate the herbs - they should be stored elsewhere - not in the kitchen( they absorb odors), not in the bathroom( they are hampered by moisture).Ideally, they should be stored in a dry cool room( for example, on a glazed balcony in canvas bags that let in air, but the herbs have their expiration date, which is usually indicated on the package.)
Of course, it is impossible to stock up on medications for all occasions, butthere are problems that occur most often and need immediate action. Therefore, you need to know and remember the basic medicines
The basic rules of using the first-aid kit.
- The first-aid kit should be at hand, but not in sight, is not accessible to children, and is not located near radiators or direct light.
- The best place for a first aid kit is one of the shelves closed at the eye level of an adult( or slightly higher) in the kitchen or hallwayThen it will be convenient to get out drugs from there, and the children will not get to it, and the drugs will not always catch sight, because, in fact, the person's direct view is along the line that goes down from the eye level.
- It is best to distribute the first aid kit to the destination groups: in one box, add all the pills and capsules, the smaller one - ampoules, bottles and ointments, and the largest - dressings, syringes and so on.
- Some drugs require storage in the refrigerator, so find a place for them. For this purpose, one of the top shelves of the refrigerator door is ideal.
- In order to choose the right place for storing the medicine, it is necessary to adhere to the instructions available on them: "Keep in a cool place at 12 -15 ° C", "Keep in a dark place", "Keep away from fire".
- Liquid products containing antibiotics, vitamins, glucose, syrup, infusions and herbal extracts, eye drops, should be kept in the refrigerator, not allowing them to freeze. These medicines should not be purchased for future use.
- Once every six months, sort out the funds from the home medicine chest, assessing the shelf life of the drugs and the integrity of the package. Do not forget to do the same with the medical shelf in the fridge.
Means for oral administration in a home medicine cabinet.
Pain and antipyretic drugs( based on paracetamol, acetylsalicylic acid, nimesulide, analgin, or ibuprofen).
As a rule, most antipyretic drugs have an analgesic effect. Every adult has experience in using them. Select the ones that are most suitable for you.
Anesthetic tablets enough to have in the medicine cabinet one package. It is desirable that this is a drug that eliminates both headache and muscle pain, and pain with menstruation.
The need for antipyretic drugs - based on 2-3 days of intake, that is, 8-10 single doses. Now the most popular powders are filled with cold or hot water. The effect of such funds begins quickly - after 5-10 minutes.
Now in the pharmaceutical market there are many combined drugs. For example, two in one: antispasmodics plus painkillers. Remember that pain medications( unlike antispasmodics) are contraindicated in case of abdominal pain, threat of a stroke or heart attack, etc., therefore, in the home medicine cabinet there should be both, separately.
- Cardiac and sedative drugs.
Validol. It is used for light attacks of angina pectoris, neuroses, hysteria and as an anti-emetic in case of sea and air sickness. A capsule or tablet of Validol is placed under the tongue and kept until complete resorption. It is enough to have at home 1-2 blisters( plates).
Valocordin( corvalol, barboval, corvaldine) is a liquid preparation in vials that is used for 15-30 drops as a sedative, with pains in the heart region, palpitations, intestinal spasms, with excitation. Keep refrigerated.
- Means used in gastrointestinal disorders.
- Activated charcoal( 20 tablets) or Smecta( 1 pack) - to eliminate intoxication.
- Probiotics( Bifi-forms or Linex, Lactovit) - necessary for the restoration of intestinal microflora, the normalization of digestion and stool.
- Loperamide( Imodium, Lodepinum) - 1-2 tablets per reception are effective in case of food poisoning, accompanied by a liquid stool. When intestinal infections( dysentery, salmonella, etc.), the drug is ineffective.
- Enzyme preparations( Creon, Mezim, Festal, Pancreatin).Enough 10 tablets( for the whole family).Applied, for example, with a single overeating.
- Antihistamines in tablets or syrup - in case of allergy( Claritin, Diazolin, Tavegil, Suprastin).
- Spasmolytic agents( Drotaverin, No-shpa).With spasmodic pains in the abdomen and spastic constipation, bile and urolithiasis attacks, as well as spasm of cerebral vessels. Take 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day. Accordingly, the house should be 15-20 tablets.
- Nasal drops used in rhinitis( runny nose)( Otryvin, Galazolin, Nazivin, Naphthyzin, etc.).
- Pregnancy preventive agents( including spermicides)( if necessary) - Postinor( tablets) and Pharmatex( topical forms).
People with chronic diseases should add to the home medicine chest medications that they use to relieve attacks and exacerbations.
Means for external use.
- Bactericidal agents. Spirituous solution of iodine or zelenki - for the treatment of wounds and scratches. Now our industry offers a very convenient form of release of these drugs - in the form of pencils. They are more convenient to store, and when used, do not apply a hand.
- Antiseptics( tincture of calendula or salicylic alcohol).Applied with purulent wounds, burns, pustular diseases, abrasions.
- Medical ethyl alcohol( or vodka in 100ml flacon).
It is necessary for the treatment of the skin before various manipulations, for the preparation of compresses.
- Hemostatic agents( hydrogen peroxide, 3% solution) - used for washing and stopping bleeding in small wounds, abrasions, scratches. Keep refrigerated.
- Anti-burn agents - for example, Panthenol in the form of an aerosol.
- Local remedies used for hematomas( bruises, bruises), edema - Lyoton-gel, heparin ointment, Bruising, Rescuer, Troxevasin, etc. Sufficient 1 tube of one of the above. .
- Local anti-inflammatory drugs( ointments based on ibuprofen, diclofenac, ketoprofen, etc.).Indispensable for myositis, sprains, bruises, lumbago.
- Ammonium alcohol( 10%, in vials) - used to remove from the fainting condition. To do this, cotton wool, moistened with ammonia, for 1-2 seconds brought to the nose of the victim;with bites of insects, lotions with ammonia are put into the place of bite.
- Soda - is used for rinsing the oropharynx, washing the eyes and stomach in the form of a 0.5-2% solution in boiled water. This is the usual kitchen soda. But I recommend still keeping it in the medicine cabinet, because it's not always possible to remember what you can use if everything you need together does not lie. And they opened the medicine cabinet and saw everything.
- Bandage: 2 packages of sterile bandage and 2-3 packs of non-sterile - different width( both narrow and wide).
- Wadding. One package is enough, especially since we often use a more convenient form - wadded disks, but they are not convenient, for example, for compresses.
- Adhesive plaster. Should be in every medicine cabinet. Buy up to 10 pcs.bactericidal adhesive plasters of usual size and shape, as well as 2-3 pieces square and narrow. Also get 1 pack of sticking plaster in the roll.
- Cotton buds - for cleaning the ear canal, for applying to the skin and mucous membranes of ointments, disinfectant solutions.
- Elastic bandage. It is irreplaceable for bandaging after sprains and joint bruises.
- Medical thermometer.
- Scissors. It is convenient when the medicine cabinet has its own scissors, which always lie there. Are necessary at dressings, for unpacking of packages and so forth.
- Tweezers( without denticles) - for example, for removal of foreign bodies from a skin. It can also be used to correct the shape of the eyebrows. And besides, you will never have to look for it - the tweezers will always be in their place.
- Rubber heating pad - used to warm up certain areas of the body, relieve spasm.
- Instructions for all medications that are stored in your medicine cabinet. Most often the instruction is in the package - let there and lies with the drug. But sometimes a pharmacy is given, for example, a blister( plate) without instructions. Ask for the last one - it always comes with the drug.
- Syringes: 20 ml - 2 pieces, 10 ml - 2 pieces, 2 ml - 5-6 pieces.
Syringes are used not only for drug injections, but also for a set of precise doses of liquid drugs for the preparation of compresses, "talkers", etc.(then with a view to precaution do not use a needle - it is very sharp).
- Gauze Masks - 2-3 pieces. In the case of a domestic epidemic, for example, influenza, wearing a mask can save someone from family members. Also, the mask is necessary when you visit the hospital( if you need someone to visit) during the epidemic.
- First Aid Guide. First, you need to buy it. Now there are enough books of this kind. Choose the one that you like the most by the style of presentation and the amount of material. Secondly, the reference book for first aid should not be in a bookcase;his place right in the medicine cabinet. It is convenient and expedient.
- Directory of telephones and addresses of clinics( including dental), telephone number of medical information service.