- Indapamide analogs:
- Prestarium arginine Combi( perindopril, indapamide)
- Noliprel Arginine( perindopril complement)
- Indapen( indapamide)
- Ariphon( indapamide)
- Indopres( indapamide)
- Ravel CP( indapamide)
- subsidiary "DZ GNCLS" HOOK "Ukrmedprom" for LLC "Vega", Kharkov, Ukraine
- "Hemofarm", Serbia and Montenegro
- "Les Laboratoires Servier Industrie", "Servier(Ireland) Industries Ltd "for" Les Laboratoires Servier ", France / Irlandiya / France
- "Norton International Pharmaceutical Inc." to "Unimax Laboratories", India / Canada
- JSC "Stoma" Kharkov, Ukraine to OOO "Vega", Kharkov, Ukraine
The active ingredient indapamide indapamide
- tablets, coated on 1.5 mg or 2.5 mg № 10, 30 in the blister №
- coated tablets, sustained-release 1.5 mg № 30
This shows Indapamide
How to use Indapamide
Use and dosage.
Inside, preferably in the morning. At an arterial hypertensia in an initial dose - on 0,0025 g( 1 tablet) once a day.
The dose is adjusted according to the patient's response after 1 week( with swelling) or 4 weeks( with hypertension) to 0.005 g( 2 tablets) once a day. The maximum daily dose is 10 mg.
Features of the application. Severe renal failure, liver failure, the appointment of the drug is possible in the context of a thorough assessment of the benefit / risk ratio.
With caution - with severe forms of diabetes, with gout.
Cross-sensitivity to sulfanilamide preparations is possible.
Before the start of treatment should determine the content of sodium, potassium, calcium in the blood plasma. During treatment requires regular monitoring of the content of sodium and potassium ions in blood plasma, particularly in the elderly, patients with liver cirrhosis, heart failure, patients with increased QT interval on ECG patients with malnutrition, persons who take many medications.
Renin activity may slightly increase with indapamide therapy.
most careful control shown in patients with liver cirrhosis( especially with edema or ascites - the risk of metabolic alkalosis, which provokes manifestations of hepatic encephalopathy), coronary heart disease, heart failure, as well as in the elderly. Patients with an increased QT interval on the ECG( congenital or acquired against a background of a pathological process) also belong to the high-risk group.
The first determination of the concentration of potassium ions in the blood should be performed during the first week of treatment. Hypercalcemia on the background of taking the drug may be a consequence of previously undiagnosed hyperparathyroidism.
Under surgical conditions, derivatives of sulfonamides can provoke an exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus.
The use of the drug in athletes can cause a positive reaction during doping control.
Effect on the ability to drive and work with mechanical devices that require increased attention.
By reducing blood pressure, the drug can affect the ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms.
Side Effects of Indapamide
- From the gastrointestinal tract: nausea / anorexia, dry mouth, stomachalgia, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation.
- From the nervous system: asthenia, nervousness, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, vertigo, insomnia, depression;Rarely - increased fatigue, general weakness, paresthesia, encephalopathy, headache.
- From the senses: conjunctivitis, impaired vision.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: orthostatic hypotension, changes in ECG( hypokalemia), arrhythmia, palpitations.
- From the side of the urinary system: polyuria.
- Allergic reactions: rash, hives, itching, hemorrhagic vasculitis.
- Laboratory findings: rare hyperuricemia, hyperglycemia, hypokalemia, chloropenia, hypovolemia, hyponatremia, hypercalcemia, elevated blood urea nitrogen plasma hypercreatininemia, myelosuppression, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, hemolytic anemia.
- Other: flu-like symptoms, chest pain, back pain, infection, decreased potency, decreased libido, runny nose, sweating, weight loss, pancreatitis, exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus.
To whom is contraindicated Indapamide
- Hypersensitivity to the drug and its components.
- Cases of allergic reactions to sulfonamides.
- Renal failure.
- Liver failure.
- Pregnancy, lactation, age under 18 years.
Interaction of Indapamide
- Amiodarone - with simultaneous administration - the risk of antiarrhythmogenic action.
- Anticoagulants( coumarin derivatives, indanedione) - when administered together with indapamide, the anticoagulant effect of these agents may be reduced.
- Lithium - possibly the development of intoxication. Simultaneous reception with indapamide is not recommended.
- Sympathomimetic drugs - weakening the effectiveness of the latter in the appointment of indapamide.
- When used with potassium-sparing diuretics, hypo- or hyperkalemia may develop with ACE inhibitors-hyponatremia, hypotension. With radiopaque means - renal failure.
- Metformin and other oral hypoglycemic agents from the group of biguanides can cause a risk of acidosis with a decrease in renal function due to the use of a diuretic especially at the level of creatinine in the serum of 135 microns / l for men and 110 microns / l - in women.
- compound with ACE inhibitors increases the risk of severe hypotension or renal failure in patients at risk( dehydration, hyponatremia, renal disease).
- Antiarrhythmics A first class( quinidine, disopyramide, bretiyly tozelat, sotalol, amiodarone) may cause the risk of paraksizmah atrial - ventricular fibrillation, especially in the presence of bradycardia, hypokalemia or QT interval prolongation.
- In the development of arrhythmia, antiarrhythmic drugs should not be prescribed, but rhythm conductors should be used.
- Cyclosporine may increase serum creatinine levels( possibly impaired renal function).
- Neuroleptics and tricyclic antidepressants potentiate the hypotensive effect of indapamide and increase the risk of developing arterial hypotension. Overdosing
symptoms: nausea, vomiting, hypotension, dizziness, drowsiness, polyuria, oliguria or anuria to a degree( due to hypovolemia).
Therapy is symptomatic. Correction of water-electrolyte disorders, blood pressure, perfusion of vital organs.