Tracking: on the way to reserved beauty
Hiking( trekking) will present a unity with nature, romance of bonfires and beauty of reserved corners, which can only be reached on foot.
The complexity of tracking determines not only the terrain, but also the duration of the hike, the features of the terrain, the weather conditions, the level of your training. When planning a route and tracking time, consider all these factors.
Age of the
Even 10-year-olds can be tracking even if the journey takes 1-2 days, with the total length of the route no more than 30 km, and in the backpack of the young traveler there will be only personal hygiene products, shoes and clothes.
To engage in tracking, you do not need special physical training, but the body must be sufficiently hard to overcome large distances on foot. You can check the level of your training by taking a step test.
With an "excellent" level of training, beginners can pass up to 30 km per day( about 6 hours) with a backpack weighing
This distribution of burden equates the strength of all members of the group and helps them to stay together.
Tracking is better for planning on non-hot days( 19 - 250С), without precipitation and strong wind( up to 40 m / s).Ideal for tracking in Ukraine in May, June, September, early October.
Tracking trail running through historical, picturesque, ecologically clean places and mountain regions of Ukraine( Transcarpathia, Crimea) is interesting and useful for health.
Tracking clothes: suitable for thermal underwear, traveling suit made from natural materials, with closed ankles, wrists and collar, headpiece( preferably with mosquito net).Such clothing will protect against heat stroke and insects.
Tracking shoes For trekking on the rough terrain trackers with a high backdrop, ventilation "windows" and a rigid corrugated sole will do. Tracking in the mountains or in the autumn forest requires closing ankles, waterproof trekking boots, with thermo-membranes, protection for the side surfaces of the foot and toe and a relief rubberized sole.
Trekking shoes will prevent falls, leg injuries and provide comfort for long hiking trips.
The tracking backpack with comfortable wide straps and the fastening for the sleeping bag should be durable and ample roomy. It should contain everything necessary for traveling:
- food products: 1 liter of mineral water without gas, 2 liters of water, a packet of cereals, 2 cans of canned meat, 200 g of hard cheese, bread, tea, sugar, salt, dried fruit, 2 packets of biscuits;
- kitchen utensils: bowler, spoon, mug, knife, matches;
- clothing: a pair of thermal underwear, tracking gloves, swimming trunks, interchangeable shoes, raincoats;
- personal care products: towel, toothpaste and brush, comb, shampoo in sachets, sunscreen, shaving accessories, wet wipes and toilet paper;
- mobile phone, documents and money;
- flashlight, map, compass, sunglasses;
- first-aid kit: bandage, hydrogen peroxide, zelenka, remedies for mosquitoes and ticks.
- Tent and sleeping bag for tracking must be lightweight, durable, water resistant and easy to use. They will protect you from the bad weather and allow you to sleep peacefully at night.
Drinking mode: at the start and after every 2-3 km of the way drink 3-4 sips of mineral water without gas. Observance of the drinking regime during tracking will prevent heat stroke and dehydration.
Overnight stays in the open air - not the most comfortable option for rest during tracking, which can result in insomnia due to bites of different insects, night temperatures and precipitation. Therefore, during the tracking, spend the night in a hotel or in a sleeping bag, in a closed tent. Contraindications to tracking:
- all diseases in acute stage;
- bronchial asthma of physical activity, decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system with pain syndromes.
Trauma and Disease Disease:
If the tracking rules are not respected, you may encounter the following problems:
- dislocations, sprains of ankle suckers;
- heat stroke, dehydration;
- bites ticks, mosquitoes, ants and other insects.