our compatriot, accustomed to the availability of most drugs that may be needed for fever, colds, diarrhea or minor injuries, it is difficult to admit that there may be some other way. Nevertheless, very often tourists become "hostages of the pharmacy", not only in the extreme campaign, but also in comfortable hotels of the most popular countries. So, it is unlikely that a person with a fit of fever or diarrhea will be pleased with the prospect of wandering around the neighborhood, looking for a pharmacy. For someone who is not very strong in foreign languages, getting the right medicine will be even harder. And if the necessary drug is not in the given country OTC, it will not be sold at all for any money.
course, travelers usually have health insurance( the vast majority of trips abroad is impossible without it), which allows to see a doctor and get a prescription required, but it is long and troublesome. Therefore, the first aid kit is considered almost the most important point of preparation for va
tourist first aid kit: a test meal
Change the water and the appearance of the menu unusual food is deservedly considered a risk factor for the development of dyspeptic disorders manifested abdominal discomfort and disorders of the chair, accompanied by nausea, vomiting and fever in more severe cases. Even more dangerous are "diseases of dirty hands"( by the way, with a rise in temperature, severe diarrhea and vomiting, most often they are exactly they).Therefore, in the medicine cabinet of the tourist it is strongly recommended to have the following medicines:
- Digestive enzymes with pancreatin( complex or monopreparations).Eliminate the feeling of heaviness and fullness in the stomach, making it easier, faster and optimizing the processes of digestion of food in the use of unusual quantities or types of food.
- Remedy for diarrhea( loperamide preparation).It inhibits the intestinal peristalsis and reduces its secretion. Infectious causes of diarrhea do not eliminate. Children under 6 years are contraindicated.
- Intestinal antiseptic( drug nifuroksazida), for children under 6 years in the form of a syrup. It is intended for treatment of acute and chronic diarrhea of infectious genesis. The duration of the course of treatment is no more than 7 days.
- Rehydrating solutions( rehydron, gastrolit).Apply to correct the loss of electrolytes and fluid in diarrhea, vomiting, fever with increased sweating. Prepare before consumption.
- Antiemetic( preparations of domperidone, metoclopramide).In case of indomitable vomiting, especially in children, it is desirable to have the drug not only in tablets, but also in ampoules.
- Spasmolytic( preparations of drotaverine).Due to the ability to eliminate the spasm of smooth muscles of internal organs, Drotaverinum used in the treatment of a wide range of diseases, including gastrointestinal( spastic constipation, spastic colitis, proctitis, tenesmus; pilorospazm, gastro, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, cholecystitis, Bile and intestinal colic, etc.).The most famous drug drotaverina - no-shpa.
- Enterosorbent( activated carbon, "white coal", Enterosgel, Smecta, etc.).Sorbents have a common detoxification effect, extracting toxic substances from the intestinal contents and blood and removing them from the body. In children's practice preference is given to enterosgel and smekte - these drugs can be used from infancy.
- A complex of vitamins and minerals to fill the deficit due to illness and stay on a diet during recovery.
- Drugs with choleretic and hepatoprotective properties( preferably of plant origin) - to accelerate recovery and subsequent maintenance of liver function.
tourist First Aid Kit: cold and Co.
Because of acclimatization, inevitably arises when moving to a different climate zone, the protective functions of the body are weakened. It is this factor that explains the "colds" that occur so often in the warm sea and the exacerbation of chronic diseases. In connection with the above, in the first aid kit should be:
- Antipyretic anti-inflammatory agents from the group of NSAIDs( active substance - ibuprofen, paracetamol, nimesulide, etc.).They can also be used as an analgesic in case of pain in the joints, spine, muscles.
- A broad spectrum antibiotic. Many doctors recommend stopping the choice on macrolides( for example, azithromycin preparations).The most famous drug on the basis of this active substance is Sumamed.
- Antihistamine( a drug loratadina, desloratadine, cetirizine, etc.).Indispensable in the occurrence of allergic reactions, it is useful in the complex treatment of acute respiratory infections.
- An antishock agent( dexamethasone active ingredient) - for relief of acute and urgent conditions, including those caused by allergies. It is desirable to have both in tablet form and in the form of injections.
- Ear drops( Otypax, Sofraks).Sofradex is also designed to treat acute inflammatory eye diseases.
- Cough suppressants:
- suppressive cough( Codterpine, Libexin, Tusuprex, Glavent)
- expectorants( preparations of bromhexine, ambroxol, carbocysteine)
- Means for sore throat( decamethoxin preparations, Chlorophyllipt, Tonzilotren, Falimint, Strepsils, Decatilen, etc.)
- Proceeds from the common cold( vasoconstrictor complex or monopreparations - Vibrocil, Naphthyzinum, Galazolin etc.)
tourist aid kit: in case of injury
unsuccessfully tucked leg or bruised knee, burns from jellyfish and the sun glaring in the heel Oscoc shell or abrasion. .. but you never know what injuries can happen in the journey! In order not to run on each of them at a local hospital, a medical kit traveler must have:
- Antiseptic( iodine preparation, an aniline dye solution) for processing fresh skin damage.
- Antibacterial ointment( for example, Levomekol).For the treatment of infected( injured) injuries.
- Disinfecting solution for wound cleaning - hydrogen peroxide solution, chlorhexidine.
- Healing preparation with dexpanthenol( Panthenol, Bepanten, etc.).It is indicated for a wide range of skin lesions, including burns.
- Decongestants, angioprotective, local anticoagulant agents( based gels troxerutin and heparin may be complexed with dimethyl sulfoxide and NSAIDs).Indications: bruises, infiltrates and localized edema, subcutaneous hematomas;Trauma and stretching of the muscle-tendon and capsular-ligament apparatus.
- Antihistamine is a topical agent( antipruritic).It is indispensable for bites of bloodsucking insects and / or unsuccessful contact with local fauna and flora.
- Heating Ointment - helps to eliminate the effects of unusual physical activity and recover from injury.
Do not forget to put in the medicine cabinet thermometer, adhesive plaster, bandages - gauze and elastic, cotton swabs, cotton pads, wet wipes and antiseptic several sterile disposable syringes. And also - a protective cream from the sun, preferably with a maximum UF-factor and repellent.
Everything, the first aid kit of a tourist is stacked! It remains only to wish that in addition to sunscreen, nothing of its contents on the trip is needed. Have a nice trip!