children about the dangers and the beneficial effect of different types of fat often talk in the media, calling on parents to be more attentive to the food they offer to their crumbs. Among the vegetable oils added to baby food, there is coconut. Is it harmful to babies and why is it added to the mixture? Can it be given to the crumb that receives the complementary food? Let's figure it out.
What are they made of?
Coconut is called oil, which is extracted from the fruits of coconut. To produce it, both hot pressing( more often) and cold are used. In the second case, the processing of nuts is more sparing, so there are more useful components in it, however this product costs more.
The inscription "Extra Virgin" means only that the product is obtained by first spin, one option of which may be heating. An inscription confirming that the coconut oi
- addition of fatty acids, it has a lot of vitamins, iron, calcium and other minerals.
- The use of this oil helps to eliminate food allergy.
- Thanks to the content of medium chain fat, it helps digestion and improves the absorption of minerals and vitamins.
- It has properties to strengthen immunity, reduce inflammation, resist fungi and bacteria.
- This is a good preventive remedy for many diseases.
- Allergic reactions may occur.
- Excessive consumption can impair the work of the gastrointestinal tract and adversely affect the heart with very due to the high content of saturated fatty acids. If you use oil within normal limits, there will be no similar side effects in the child.
- At a temperature of +25 degrees, coconut oil melts and becomes transparent. At lower temperatures, it is an off-white solid.
- Due to the presence of saturated fatty acids, this product is slightly oxidized and stored for a long time.
- Different chemical additives are not used in production, therefore this product is completely natural.
The addition of oil from coconut to infant formula is due to the presence of palmitic acid in this product. This acid is found in breast milk and should be present in the baby's diet. They are often replaced by palm oil in children's mixtures, which has many side effects.
coconut oil also acts as a source of medium chain triglycerides. These fats are perfectly absorbed by the child, without loading the pancreas, since they begin to be split in the oral cavity. This property is important for the organization of nutrition of premature babies and toddlers who have diseases of the digestive tract.
Another advantage of adding it into the mixture - the presence of lauric acid, which mark antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal action.
Application and add to the dish for children
It can be used in the preparation of complementary foods as a useful alternative to creamy or any vegetable oil. When heated, it does not emit harmful substances, so it is often recommended for frying.
Coconut oil can be added to sweet pastries for children and curd casseroles. It can also be spread on bread or added to cereal. For baking, they are advised to replace margarine and butter, taking it 75% of the volume specified in the recipe.