Most women after giving birth have experienced regurgitation, because almost every newborn spews up some of the milk or milk formula after feeding. This process is physiological and normal, if the volume of the regurgitated is small, and the general condition of the baby is not violated. So the little woman "gets rid" of the swallowed during the feeding of air, as well as from excess food, which fell into his tiny stomach with active sucking along with air.
However, sometimes regurgitation is a symptom of the disease, and if in the mother's mum sees blood, it's always scary. Is it dangerous to regurgitate with blood and why does it happen in babies, and what should mom do if the baby bows a milk, in which there is an admixture of blood?
Why is regurgitation with blood
The most common cause of regurgitation of milk in which blood is present is the swallowin
The second, less frequent cause of regurgitation with blood is damage to the vessels of the digestive tract of the baby. This is a very serious problem, diagnosed by additional tests of the child.
A newborn baby can also spit up blood on the first day of life if it swallows amniotic fluid during delivery. This is a fairly common situation, not indicating any pathology.
What to do
When observing the blood in the milk that the baby has regurgitated after feeding, you should carefully observe the baby's behavior.
The main thing is to make sure that the child does not have vomiting:
- Unlike regurgitation, when milk is excreted without too much stress, vomiting will be accompanied by strong stomach tension.
- When regurgitating, undigested milk is excreted, which the baby has just swallowed, and the vomit can represent partially digested food, and also include mucus, bile and other impurities.
- Regurgitation occurs almost immediately after feeding, and vomiting attacks are possible at any time.
- The general condition of the baby with regurgitation is not impaired, and if the baby is vomiting, a symptom of the disease, he will be restless, moody, drowsy, sluggish. In addition, often during vomiting, the body temperature of the baby grows.
. Also check the nipples - if they have cracks, they are the cause of the blood when regurgitation. If the mother's nipples are intact, and the blood appears repeatedly during regurgitation, the baby should be taken to the doctor's office. There are also other alarming symptoms requiring immediate medical examination.
milk. When you need to see a doctor
Mom should immediately show the baby to a pediatrician if:
- After regurgitation with blood, the child becomes nervous or begins to cry violently.
- The kid from time to time belches with blood and badly gaining weight.
- The volume of spitting milk with blood veins is very large( more than two teaspoons), which suggests the idea of vomiting.
These symptoms may indicate a disease in the infant, so do not hesitate to seek medical help.