Worms are parasitic worms that inhabit the human body and some species of animals. The scientific name of helminths is helminths, the very process of human infection is called helminthiasis. Worms in humans appear as a result of infection with their eggs( helminthic invasion).Scientific research has proven that about 25% of the planet's entire humanity has helminthiasis. The most frequent types of helminthic invasion are infection with ascarids and pinworms.
Worms in an adult can parasitize in any organ. Most often helminths live in the intestines, and the lungs and liver are also a favorite localization of many. It is very rare to find a helminth that parasitizes the eyeball and muscles.
- 1 Worms in humans - as they look
- 2 Classification of worms - photos
- 3 stages of the disease
- 4 Symptoms helminthic invasion
- 5 Treatment of worms in humans
- 6 Folk remedies to combat helminthiasis
- 7 reviews about the treatment
WormsIn humans - how they look
An important diagnostic value is awareness of a possible helminthic invasion. No less important is the knowledge of how the worms look in humans. This will help to avoid possible complications and identify worms in humans in the early stages.
Oysters and ascarids are common. Their appearance resembles a little ordinary worm of white color. Their length can vary from 20 to 40 cm. The body is thin and oblong. There are also more large parasites - a wide ribbon. It looks like a ribbon( due to its flat body).The length of such a worm can reach several meters.
Classification of helminths - photo
What kinds of worms do humans have? There are two types of parasites( depending on the localization in the body): luminal and tissue.
- Fabric - those worms who prefer to dwell in the parenchyma of the organs( liver, pancreas, muscle, brain substance, lung tissue, and so on).Because the disease can have several names:
- with lung damage - paragonimosis;
- of the liver - echinococcosis;
- of the brain - cysticercosis;
- lymph nodes - filariasis.
- Enlightened - worms live mainly in the lumen of the intestine. These helminths include hookworm, roundworm, dwarf tapeworm, bovine tapeworm, whipworm, a tapeworm, pinworms, and others.
Stages of development of the disease
- Helminth is in the egg stage. Before entering the human body, the helminth must enter the oral cavity. For this, the adult lays eggs. Infection of a person occurs precisely when the eggs of the worms enter the mouth.
- The second stage - the larva emerges from the egg. Immediately after the eggs hit the gastrointestinal tract, a larva hatch from it. Its task is to migrate through the body in search of an ideal habitat. Having reached the destination, the larva continues its growth and development, and turns into an adult.
- The third stage - helminth becomes an adult, which again can lay eggs.
interesting to know that all the worms tend to during development and transition from one stage to another, travel through the human body. An exception is the pinworm, which runs through the intestinal system at all stages.
reasons helminth infection
appears very fair question - where there are worms in humans? The thing is that infection occurs due to non-compliance with hygiene rules. For example, a person can be infected with ascaris due to eating unwashed products. This, above all, concerns vegetables and fruits that grow on the ground and are in direct contact with it. The fact is that ascaris eggs ripen in the soil, and when they are in contact with agrarian products, their seeding takes place.
Symptoms of helminthic invasion
Signs of worms in humans often manifest themselves during the "travel" of helminths. In other words, the adult helminth gives less symptomatology. More than its previous forms( stages).Most often, a person will complain when the worms are in the embryonic form( eggs) or in the form of a larva.
For an example, you can provide a cycle of life ascaris. These worms move around the human body and give a number of pronounced symptoms. As already mentioned, the ascarids get into the body with vegetables and fruits in the egg stage. After that, the larva hatches from the egg. It enters the circulatory system rather quickly( 2-3 hours) and, together with the blood flow, enters the small circle of the circulation, which terminates in the lungs.
In the pulmonary system, the larva grows and feeds. The growing larva slowly gnaws its way into the small bronchioles and bronchi slowly. Through the bronchial tree, the larva enters the trachea, and then into the oral cavity itself. The person again swallows the larva, and she again finds herself in the digestive tract. Now the larva is ready to go to the third stage, and grows into an adult.
All this long stroke produces pronounced symptoms that allow us to recognize parasite infestation even before the eggs of ascarids in the stool of a person are identified. During the time of the ascarid larvae in the lungs, the patient will have the following symptoms:
- Dry, nasal cough.
- Asthmatic attack.
- Allergic reactions in the form of a rash on the skin and itching are possible.
- Increased body temperature.
However, turning into the stage of an adult specimen, the helminth no longer manifests itself as any symptoms. Identify worms in humans can only be done by randomly analyzing the eggs of worms.
Also, the symptoms of worms in humans can vary depending on the phase of the disease. There are several stages:
The first phase is characterized by an acute onset of the disease( from the moment eggs hit the human gastrointestinal tract).This stage lasts on average about 2-3 weeks, but there are also severe cases when helminthiasis takes a long time( about 2-3 months).
Externally, the worms in humans will manifest themselves as follows: the patient will have an allergic skin rash, the cough will be dry, suffocating. When carrying out a general blood test, the leukocyte formula will change somewhat, the number of eosinophils will be significantly increased.
Acquired stage follows immediately after acute stage. Its duration varies from several weeks and months, and can last up to several years. The clinical picture will vary depending on the location of helminths, as well as their type, quantity and so on.
A feature of the vital activity of helminths is that they attach to the wall of the intestine, stomach of the liver and other organs with the help of special hooks. Such devices for fixation can also be represented in the form of suction cups, spines and plates with a cutting surface. Due to damage to the surface of the walls of this or that organ by the fixing device of the helminth, irritation and inflammation of the tissues occurs. Helminth cysticerc can squeeze surrounding organs or tissues, which leads to a number of complications.
For the acquired stage, the metabolic function is abnormal. This is due to the fact that for the viability of the parasite uses all the minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats and carbohydrates that come from the external environment. Also, due to the presence of helminths mainly in the intestinal system, the process of digestion and absorption of nutrients from food products by the intestine is disrupted. Some species of worm( ascaris) can release toxins that can neutralize the body's own enzymes( such as trypsin, pepsin and others).As a result, digestion of proteins is disrupted.
Trichinella, schistosome can cause anemia, as well as some types of vitamin deficiency. As a result of life activity. The parasite removes the products of metabolism into the human body, which leads to the development of dysbacteriosis. Conditionally pathogenic microbes, which are allowed in the lumen of the intestine in minimum amounts, due to parasitizing worms, begin to multiply intensively.
The human immune system also undergoes a number of changes: the risk of allergic reactions increases, there may be a temperature increase, a loss of strength. This is because helminths for survival must suppress the protective mechanism of the human body. As a result of reduced immunity, a person undergoes secondary infection with bacteria, viruses and protozoa( amoebiasis).Also, the effectiveness of vaccinations is reduced.
Signs of infection with worms do not show themselves soon - in 2-3 weeks. An exception is ascariasis, since the larva, getting into the lungs, causes a cough and a temperature after two days. But infection with filarias has a long asymptomatic incubation period - 12-18 months.
The early phase of the acute stage has the following clinical picture:
- is an allergic skin rash, sometimes itching;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- pain in skeletal muscles and joints.
A general blood test will show changes on the part of eosinophils( the number of them will be increased), the leukocyte formula will be shifted to the right( leukocytosis).It also happens that the patient complains of the presence of abdominal pain( abdominal syndrome).
Acquired phase often occurs without special manifestations. Very rarely there is a characteristic symptomatology of helminthic invasion, in cases where the parasite is large( broad ribbons).Infection with pinworm( enterobiosis) is always characterized by itching in the anal area.
Ankylostomiasis leads to anemia with iron deficiency. Because the parasite feeds exclusively on blood. With abundant helminthiasis( ascarids), complications in the form of intestinal obstruction are possible. When the liver becomes infected, jaundice develops.
Opisthorchiasis, trematodosis lead to severe diseases of the bile excretory system( cholecystocholangitis, pancreatitis).Possible development of complications - hepatitis and gastrointestinal pathology. In some cases, there is a neurological symptomatology.
Diagnosis of helminthiosis
An indicative plan for helminthic invasion is the conduct of a general blood test and an analysis that identifies worms in the stool of a person. Changes in blood will be in the form of a shift of the leukocyte formula to the right( leukocytosis), as well as a pronounced increase in the number of eosinophils. The analysis of feces will reveal eggs, or helminths themselves.
The microscopic examination of urine, sputum, contents of the stomach and duodenum is of diagnostic importance. Sometimes scrapings are taken from the rectum and the prianal area.
Treatment of worms in humans
Many who have encountered such a disease are interested in the question of how to remove worms in humans. In the acute period of the disease, it is very important to carry out detoxification and desensitizing procedures. To suppress the allergic reaction, it is advisable to prescribe antihistamines: Claritin, Suprastin and so on.
To date, preparations from worms in humans are presented in a huge range. Among them it is necessary to allocate highly effective means:
- Baktefort and others.
Antiparasitic monastic tea has a good effect against helminths.
Tablets from human worms, effective in controlling the round worms that live in the lumen of the intestine:
For successful treatment, the entire family should be de-wormed, hygiene should be followed, and the procedure repeated two weeks later.
Folk remedies in the fight against helminthiasis
Folk remedies are effective against worms no less than all the usual anthelmintic drugs offered by pharmacological companies. The main thing is that traditional drugs are time-tested, and do not have such side effects.
There are a lot of recipes for getting rid of worms, you just need to choose the most suitable. Traditional medicine is based on what the helminths do not like at all.
- Many have heard that garlic and onions are an excellent tool for preventing helminthic invasion. This is really so. Moreover, these foods are rich in vitamins, cost a penny and do not affect the liver, as pharmacological drugs.
- In addition to garlic and onions, grapefruit, pumpkin seeds, radish, pomegranates, apple cider vinegar, horseradish fresh, salted fish and so on are an excellent antihelminthic effect. Excellent cope with worms, raw carrots and beets.
- Among tinctures of antihelminthic activity, there are infusions of rose hips and peppermint. In the old days juice of sauerkraut was very often drunk. Vinegar, contained in it, also excels worms from the body.
- Treatment with folk remedies should start with a diet. It would be nice to sit on one vegetable for a week and temporarily be a vegetarian. This approach will significantly weaken the parasite, and therefore it will be easier to cope with it. Do not starve, since this does not affect the well-being of the helminth.
- Cleansing enemas help well. Put them must be at night. The most common enemas are made from milk and garlic. To do this, you need to boil the head of garlic in one glass of milk. Strain. For an adult, 1 cup per day is enough. Enemas should be put no less than one week.
- Excellent tincture against askaridoza tincture from onions. To do this, boil the onion. Filter the broth and insist on the night. The broth should be drunk on an empty stomach. Duration of treatment - four days.
- Pumpkin seeds represent their value in the fight against helminths, mainly in shells. If you eat pumpkin seeds for two weeks. Then you can say goodbye for a long time with helminthiasis.
- A very simple method of getting rid of worms is eating raw carrots and freshly squeezed beetroot juice.
- Melon juice also has anti-worm effect. It should be drunk on an empty stomach and after that another 30 minutes nothing to eat or drink. A good remedy for helminthiosis is a decoction of the oak bark and pomegranate rind.
- Not bad coping with worms propolis. However, remember that it can be allergic. It also has an antimicrobial effect and favorably affects the immune system of the human body. Propolis is a universal remedy that also helps with ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract, with frostbite and burns. The effectiveness of propolis against parasites is incredibly high. It is able to increase the content of protective protein and is involved in the production of antibodies. The most important thing is that propolis is completely harmless to human health.
- Compliance with personal hygiene.
- Thorough handling of food.
- To prevent diseases, it is necessary to identify infected people in time and start their therapy in time.
Feedback on the treatment
Review No. 1
I had to face helminthiasis. Although they say. That children are more often sick, but they also amaze adults. I also had a rash, my whole body was scratching terribly. The most simple analysis has passed - has handed over a feces on eggs a worm and the diagnosis has proved to be true. My doctor prescribed the drug Bactefort.
After this, I also strictly followed the rules of personal hygiene. Suprastin helped me with allergic rashes, and very quickly. After the treatment, I resumed taking Vormil. Now nothing disturbs, but I have worn out from these worms.
Anastasia, 32 years - Moscow
We were recently at a scheduled appointment with a doctor( my daughter turned two years old and had to take tests).The next reception we "dumbfounded" the news that the daughter had eggs of worms - ascarids. Of course, my wife and I were upset, because we overlooked the child. It's difficult to fight the habit of poking your fingers in your mouth! Our pediatrician prescribed a drug called Nemazol. It is a suspension that should be taken four times in total.
Single dose - 5 ml( inside the package was a measuring spoon), 1 measuring spoon once a day. The very bottle with the medicine was 20 ml( that is, for the course it was necessary to drink everything).The cost is not cheap - 150 rubles per packing. The doctor and us prescribed with his wife anthelmintny drug Vormil, for prevention. By the way, it is much cheaper( 35 rubles).The child after the drug had a loose stool. However, analyzes show. That with worms, we said goodbye. Medications help quickly. This is very encouraging. I hope so. We will not face this problem any more.
Victor, 31 years old - St. Petersburg,