- 1. Product Features
- 1.1. Use of Seeds
- 1.2. Only fresh or dried
- 2. If you can eat, how?
- 2.1. Tips and Tricks
Seeds are a very controversial lactation product. Seeds of pumpkin and sunflower are recommended to all nursing mothers to increase the fat content of milk, they are sharply criticized, as they are rich in protein, and it can cause allergies. Contradictory questions indicate one thing: mothers should be extremely careful when choosing food for their meals.
It is possible to saturate the milk with useful fats, which are contained in vegetable oils, sea fish or seeds, but the same fats, only harmful, can come along with fried foods or from buns, donuts and cakes.
Use of seeds
The use of seeds is undoubtedly present, but it is in their composition. Both types of seeds( pumpkin and sunflower) are rich in nutrients, extremely necessary in the daily menu of the nursing mother:
- Protein .In total, 100% of sunflower seeds are 40% of the daily intake of protein. Protein of plant origin is easily assimilated by the body and helps the work of metabolic processes. Also, protein is needed to make the immune system work properly, tissues are actively regenerated. The protein in pumpkin seeds is less, its percentage of the daily rate is 14.
- Fatty oils .Using sunflower seeds with HS, the body is saturated with useful fatty acids. Equivalent in composition, expensive varieties of red fish can be replaced except fish oil. Only from these products can we get unique acids that our body can not produce itself, namely, oleic and linoleic acids.
- Vitamins .Seeds are just a storehouse of vitamins. Regarding vitamin E, we see the following picture: only 100 g of sunflower seeds exceed the daily norm of this vitamin by 30%.Vitamin B6 "fulfills the norm" by 40%, and vitamin B5 - by 70%.Pumpkin seeds are not so rich in these ingredients, but they can boast of vitamins B1, K and C.
- Minerals .Asking the question, whether it is possible for the seeds to be nursed to the mother, look also at the composition of mineral substances, with which these products are rich. The daily rate of phosphorus consumption will be exceeded by 15%, selenium does not lag behind these indicators, saturating the body by 13%.The demand for copper will be satisfied by 90%, and the norm of potassium, magnesium and zinc will be replenished by 30%.There are fewer mineral substances in pumpkin seeds. Copper and zinc satisfy the body by 20%, and phosphorus, iron and magnesium - by 30%.
Only fresh or dried
To make the seeds of breastfeeding the most beneficial, they can and should be fed to their nursing mother only in fresh or slightly dried form. Seeds that have undergone heat treatment( fried) have practically no benefit, because when frying they lose more than 90% of useful substances. Thus, you get from them only extra calories.
If you can eat, how?
Specialists in breastfeeding, and with them agree and Dr. Komarovsky, so answer the question, whether it is possible for the nursing mother of sunflower seeds: "Everything is good in moderation. Of course, mothers with breastfeeding should not sit on buckwheat with water, the diet should be diversified. When choosing those or other favorite foods you need to focus on the reactions of the baby. Such reactions are recognized by the trial method. "
When deciding whether to buy sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds during lactation, always remember not only the usefulness of sunflower seeds, but also the potential risks:
- High calorie content of .A large amount of fats makes the product too high-calorie, since sunflower seeds contain 580 kcal per 100 g of seeds. In pumpkin seed calories slightly less - 440 kcal. Carried away by the consumption of seeds, you can add a few extra pounds. Moms can click seeds in moderation and receive in return a feeling of long satiety.
- The possibility of an allergy .Alien protein, which is contained in seeds, can cause allergic reactions in the newborn. This reaction is expressed in the form of skin rashes.
- Heavily digestible product .The products considered are rich in fats, which are difficult to digest by the body, so nutritionists do not recommend eating lactating mothers in large quantities. Excessive use of them can lead to constipation - first in the mother, and then in the infant.
Tips and advice
To avoid problems, pay attention to the following principles:
- To the best of .You can bite the seeds during a walk( a few handfuls), it is entirely permissible. This amount is unlikely to harm the baby.
- New - with caution .Everything new, especially not used earlier in the period of gestation, should be introduced very carefully. An untreated baby can respond with allergic reactions.
- The correct preparation of .When buying seeds on the market, be sure to rinse them under cold running water, and then only allow them to be dried in the oven. In no case do not fry the seeds, because this you will kill all the useful and nutrients. Salt is also better to exclude. The use of excessive amounts of salt will negatively affect your body and disrupt the functioning of its functions.
- Buy, but check .The responsible producer is obliged to wash the seeds before packing. Having opened a pack and having seen dirty hands after seeds, safely throw out such poor-quality product.
- The husk is the pledge of the use of .Buy seeds in husk, and never take peeled - they have already lost most of their fatty unsaturated acids.
Now you know the answer to the question whether you can eat sunflower seeds with or without breastfeeding: even in the first month of feeding, sunflower seeds and pumpkins will certainly benefit from moderate consumption of them in a raw or slightly dried form. Eat yourself and your baby!