Hemorrhoids can manifest themselves by various symptoms: knee inflammation, pain, discomfort. But the most characteristic sign of an ailment is bleeding from the anus, which with varying degrees of intensity is present at any degree of the disease.
If at the initial stage, bloody discharge is insignificant, and only scarlet blood drops can be found on toilet paper, as the hemorrhoids progress, bleeding can become massive and pose a serious threat to the patient's health. The first manifestations of this symptom often frighten the patient and cause a feeling of panic and confusion. What to do in case of such a situation, to whom to seek help, how to stop hemorrhage, what means( ointments, suppositories, tablets) to use to treat the disease?
Usually bleeding during hemorrhoids is not accompanied by pain and stops after defecation. Nevertheless, urgent and adequate treatment is needed, since after such a symptom of hemorrhoids complications of the disease may follow: fistula of the rectum, fis
1 The causes of hemorrhoidal bleeding
Causes of hemorrhoidal hemorrhage
Hemorrhoidal nodes are formed as a result of impaired venothe outflow in the rectum is strong. The veins are filled with blood, increase in size and form nodules, which, as the disease develops, increase in volume and periodically inflame. Internal hemorrhoidal lumps decrease the lumen of the rectum and make it difficult to empty the intestine.
- Persistent constipation leads to the fact that dense stools, passing through the rectum, injure the enlarged nodes. They begin to bleed, become inflamed, become painful and easy to eradicate. With daily emptying of the intestine, the injured nodes do not have time to heal, and the bleeding opens again. The more inflamed and damaged the hemorrhoid cones, the stronger the bleeding will be.
- Deterioration of blood circulation and stagnant phenomena lead to thinning of the vascular wall. Against this background, there are small erosions and anal fissures, which are traumatized during defecation and cause bleeding.
- The appearance of bloody discharge can provoke not only constipation, but prolonged diarrhea, as a result of which the intestinal mucosa becomes inflamed and thinned.
- The appearance of blood often leads to prolonged sitting on the toilet and excessive straining during the act of defecation.
- Another cause of bleeding is the neglected form of hemorrhoids, the presence of large inflamed nodes and the lack of timely treatment.
The development of bleeding in the initial stages is signaled by drops of scarlet blood that are released during the emptying of the intestine. They can be found on the surface of stool, toilet paper or underwear. Pain sensations are usually absent, bleeding at first is insignificant and discharge quickly ceases after defecation. In severe forms of hemorrhoids, blood loss can be significant and stopping them is problematic. In such cases, the patient needs emergency hospitalization.
If an anxiety symptom occurs, the patient should seek medical assistance as soon as possible, undergo a screening and receive adequate and timely treatment. Otherwise, bleeding is fraught with serious complications.
Possible complications of
Bleeding hemorrhoids, no matter how much blood is released, must be treated. Otherwise, with the further progression of the disease, serious complications that threaten the health and life of the patient may develop.
- Severe bleeding with hemorrhoids can lead to the development of anemia. With daily blood loss of 50 to 100 ml, the body is no longer able to compensate for the lack of blood on its own and the hemoglobin level may drop to critical values. If the patient for a long time neglects the manifestations of the disease and delays the visit to the doctor, then the hemorrhoids turn into a severe form, and bleeding can reach a volume of more than 200 ml with each defecation. This inevitably affects the general condition of the body and leads to the development of severe anemia. The patient is noted pallor of the skin, weakness, lower blood pressure, dizziness. Against this background, a persistent decrease in immunity, exacerbation of chronic diseases and the development of various infectious processes are possible.
- When thrombosis of hemorrhoids, complicated by necrosis, sometimes there is massive bleeding. This condition is fatal and requires immediate hospitalization.
- Against the background of hemorrhoids, various complications often develop: a rectal fissure, fistula formation, acute paraproctitis. They are caused by prolonged bleeding and inflammatory processes in the anorectal area.
- Bloody discharge from the rectum can be a consequence of serious diseases: ulcerative colitis, polyps and malignant tumors. Therefore, it is so important to treat this symptom with all seriousness and promptly apply for examination and to identify the cause of bleeding.
If there is bleeding from the anus, you need to get an appointment with the proctologist and undergo a full diagnostic examination to identify the cause that triggers the anxiety symptom. The doctor will prescribe a course of therapy aimed at eliminating adverse manifestations. But what if the bleeding has taken the patient by surprise, what measures can be taken before a person gets into the doctor's office?
First aid: stop bleeding for internal and external hemorrhoids
If you do not get an appointment with the proctologist shortly, stop bleeding yourself.
First of all, you should drop fears and calm down. Bleeding in the early stages of hemorrhoids is rarely strong and prolonged and does not pose a threat to life. In the overwhelming majority of cases, the blood appears only after feces or lifting excessive weights, and stopping its allocation is fairly easy. For this, the following actions should be taken:
- Apply a cold compress to the anus or bathe in cold water. Cold reduces the permeability of the vascular wall and narrows the blood vessels, stopping bleeding. Bleeding during external hemorrhoids can be stopped with cold lotions and compresses. To do this, sterile gauze or bandage is moistened with cold water and applied to bleeding knots. For a cold compress, ice can be used from the refrigerator, wrapped in cheesecloth and kept on the affected area. Procedures should not be prolonged, otherwise under the influence of cold can exacerbate chronic inflammatory processes in the internal organs( kidneys, bladder, pancreas, genitals).Bleeding with internal hemorrhoids can be stopped by applying ice candles. To do this, in a small cone of thick paper, pour water or astringent infusions of medicinal herbs and send homemade candles into the freezer until it freezes. A ready-made ice candle is released from the wrapper, lowered for a few seconds into boiling water, and gently inserted into the rectum. Initially, hold no more than 5 seconds, then gradually increase the exposure time. Under the influence of cold, bleeding from the injured internal node stops.
- Use one of the hemostatic drugs( etamzilate, dicinone, vicasol).They are released in the idea of injections and tablets, but they should be taken only in emergency cases, for a long time to be treated independently by these means without medical appointment can not.
- Apply a hemostatic sponge. In the composition of such porous collagen sponges, 6-9 mm thick, boric acid and furacilin are included. The sponge is applied to the affected area for one to two minutes. Impregnating with blood, it squeezes the blood vessels and stops bleeding. In addition, the hemostatic sponge has a disinfectant and wound healing effect. If internal nodes bleed, then the sponge is gently inserted into the anus, it will not be necessary to remove it, it will independently dissolve inside.
With these emergency measures, you can cope with sudden bleeding. To prevent repeated episodes, you need a thorough diagnosis and quality medication.
To clarify the diagnosis and choose the right treatment tactics will need to undergo a comprehensive examination. First of all, the proctologist should make sure that the bleeding is caused precisely by the damaged hemorrhoids, and not by any serious internal pathology.
Proctological examination includes an external examination, in which the doctor can detect bleeding external nodes, and finger research, which allows to detect internal nodes. In addition, instrumental examinations are conducted:
- Anoscopy .The mucous rectum is examined with a special device - an anoscope. This method allows you to visually assess the condition of the final section of the intestine to a depth of 10-12 cm.
- Recto-manoscopy. The rectum is examined at a depth of 25-30 cm from the anus with a special device - a sigmoidoscope equipped with a flexible tube with lighting and an optical device.
- Colonoscopy .The study allows to assess the condition of the mucosa throughout the large intestine. It is carried out with the help of a special fiber-optic tube, equipped with a backlight and a device that transmits the image.
These studies allow you to exclude other dangerous pathological conditions and choose the right treatment tactics for bleeding hemorrhoids.
Treatment of hemorrhoidal bleeding - necessary medications:( suppositories, ointments, tablets)
Treatment for bleeding with hemorrhoids depends on its severity and the stage of the underlying disease. With insignificant bleeding conservative medicamentous therapy is used and the following preparations are used:
- Hepatrombin G( ointment or rectal suppository).The drug includes heparin, which has a good hemostatic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- Heparin ointment. Has a wonderful therapeutic effect. It stops bleeding and relieves inflammation.
- Proctosan, Relief, Troxevasin ( ointments and suppositories).Normalize blood circulation, stop bleeding and have wound healing effect. Rectal candles with adrenaline or tannin .Substances that make up the candles have astringent and hemostatic effect. They are injected into the rectum once or twice a day. In parallel, we used Vikasol tablets and preparations that restore the volume of circulating blood. Hemorrhoids with bleeding should be injected into the rectum very carefully, so as not to damage the inflamed nodes and not to provoke repeated blood loss.
- Drug microclysters with a solution of tannin or hydrogen peroxide. Such enemas have bactericidal and astringent action, accelerate the regeneration of tissues. It is useful to make enemas with broths of herbs( yarrow, daisies, calendula). These same broths can also be used to treat bleeding with external hemorrhoids and the form of cool lotions and sedentary baths. After each defecation, it is recommended to wash with cool water with solutions of tanning substances or antiseptics. Locally, hemostatic collagen sponges are used.
- Detralex. Therapy involves not only stopping bleeding and healing the damaged node, but also strengthening the venous wall, eliminating stagnant phenomena. To do this, use bleeding tablets from hemorrhoids Detralex. Take them continuously for two to three months.
- Metiuracil ( rectal suppository and ointment).With external nodes it is used as an ointment, with internal hemorrhoids - in the form of candles. The hemorrhoidal node will bleed until its tissues are healed, this preparation greatly accelerates the healing process of the damaged tissues of the node.
With frequent recurrences of bleeding and heavy blood loss leading to the development of anemia, the patient is recommended surgical intervention. With massive bleeding, the operation to remove hemorrhoids is carried out immediately. In other cases, the use of minimally invasive techniques( ligation of nodes, cryotherapy, sclerotherapy, laser coagulation) is recommended. In the postoperative period, the appointment of venotonicks( Detralex, Flebodia, Troxevasin), iron-containing preparations and agents normalizing blood properties is shown.
Drug treatment for hemorrhoids is often combined with physiotherapy and folk medicine.
Treatment of bleeding in hemorrhoids at the initial stage of
In the first and second stages, when bleeding occurs only during defecation and is still insignificant, conservative treatment is used. First of all, local preparations are prescribed in the form of suppositories, ointments, gels. They soften the stool and increase the overall tone of the rectum. This helps to avoid damaging the assemblies with calories. Also, these remedies reduce pain when emptying the intestine. The most popular means for local treatment of hemorrhoids with bleeding are:
- hemostatic candles with propolis, suppositories with adrenaline, suppositories methyluracil and homoeopathic( with sea buckthorn oil, calendula, Relief-ultra);
- ointments heparin, Vishnevsky, Fleming, proctosan, troxevasin, rept, hepatrombin and others;
- creams from hemorrhoids proctonis, boron dermis, phytol-5, tianhe, proctoglivenol and others;
- helmets mastrekel and others.
In any case, do not be treated yourself. The diagnosis of the disease should be made only by the doctor on the basis of additional studies. This is necessary in order to exclude other diseases, which can also cause a blood discharge from the anus. It can be:
- anal fissure,
- polyps in the gastrointestinal tract,
- ulcerative colitis,
- intestinal endometriosis( in women),
- divertukulez or rectal cancer,
- failure of mesenteric circulation.
Folk remedies for stopping and treating hemorrhoidal bleeding
In combination with drug therapy can treat bleeding hemorrhoids folk sredstvami. Takoe treatment involves extensive use of various decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs. Broths can be used as a lotion for external hemorrhoids and to do with them microclysters with internal hemorrhoids.
- Calendula tincture .For its preparation take two tablespoons of dried marigold flowers, pour a glass of boiling water and insist for several hours in a closed thermos. The ready infusion is filtered and used for microclysters and washings.
- Blueberry broth .Two tablespoons of blueberries are poured into 200 ml of hot water and pressed on a water bath for about 30 minutes. After that, the berries are removed, and the resulting broth is added with boiling water to the original volume. To establish microclysters, use a quarter of a glass of finished product. Blueberry broth has astringent properties and quickly stops bleeding from internal hemorrhoids.
- Infusion of chamomile .For its preparation, use camomile flowers. One tablespoon of raw material is steamed with a glass of boiling water, insist and filtered. When bleeding three times a day, put microclysters with infusion or use it for lotions with bleeding external nodes.
- Decoction of Yarrow .A tablespoon of dry raw material is poured into 200 ml of hot water and boiled on low heat for no more than 15 minutes. Give the broth to brew, filter and bring its volume to the original with boiling water. Enema enemas from yarrow broth have anti-inflammatory, bactericidal and hemostatic effect. On external knots it is possible to put cold lotions with broth.
- Steam bath with garlic .The procedure quickly stops bleeding. For its implementation heated brick, put it in the bucket, and the top was placed on the hot brick crushed garlic. The steam should not be too hot, otherwise the procedure can lead to burns. Next, you should sit on a bucket and wrap yourself in a blanket. To fix the result, the procedure can be repeated up to five times.
- Broth from the bark of oak .For its production take two tablespoons of shredded dried bark of oak and one tablespoon of leaves horsetail and valerian root. The mixture is poured into 500 ml of boiling water, doused in a water bath for 30 minutes and insisted for six hours. Ready decoction is filtered, used for microclysters, added to the bath, or compresses are made with it. Broths based on oak bark have an excellent wound healing, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties.
If slight bleeding helps homemade candles with the addition of propolis, pine oil or candles, cut from raw potatoes. Traditional healers advise putting ice candles, but they should be kept for a short time, initially not more than 5-10 seconds.
All folk recipes can be used to treat hemorrhoidal bleeding only after consulting a doctor and under his supervision.
Treatment of bleeding hemorrhoids during pregnancy
It was during pregnancy, half of the women appears hemorrhoids, which may be accompanied by bleeding. However, the difficulty of treating pregnant women is that not all drugs for hemorrhoids can be safe for the baby's future.
From ointments pregnant often recommend:
- Family Relief ointment for the treatment of hemorrhoids,
- gepatrombin D,
Candles are actively used that soften the feces and contribute to its less traumatic passage through the intestine. From candles for pregnant women, almost any candles from hemorrhoids are shown except for those manufactured by on the basis of the belladonna extract .Of drugs of folk and medicinal medicine, pregnant women are contraindicated in preparations based on grasses of buckthorn and hay.
Diet for bleeding hemorrhoids
Nutrition for haemorrhoids with bleeding involves the exclusion from the diet of products that cause a rush of blood to the pelvic organs. As a result of the use of such dangerous products, the damaged vessels of the hemorrhoids can not withstand pressure and bleeding opens. These include:
- Spicy sauces
- Pickles, canned vegetables
- Smoked products
The diet assumes a complete rejection of the above products, especially strongly excluded strong alcoholic beverages. In addition, it is necessary to exclude products that cause fermentation in the intestine and excessive gassing. This is vegetables with coarse fiber( cabbage, corn, radish, radish), high-calorie flour products from yeast dough, sweets, kvass.
A hemorrhoid diet with bleeding should improve intestinal motility, normalize the digestive tract and facilitate defecation, relieving constipation. A relaxing milky-vegetable diet will help to calm down the unfavorable symptoms and eliminate bleeding.
Proper nutrition with bleeding hemorrhoids is based on consumption of vegetables and fruits, berries and greens. Undoubtedly, apples, raw or boiled beets, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, apricots will bring. In the diet should be present natural laxatives - raisins, prunes, dried apricots.
In the daily menu include:
- porridges welded on water,
- low-fat meat and fish broths,
- bread with bran,
- meat and fish of low-fat varieties.
Try to exclude sweet fizzy drinks, strong tea, coffee, they cause dehydration and provoke the development of constipation. You should limit the consumption of starchy foods( potatoes, rice), pasta, fresh bread, muffins, confectionery and sweets.
On the table every day should be salads dressed with vegetable oil, to improve the work of the intestine it is useful to drink 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil two or three times a day. The menu must include fresh sour milk drinks( kefir, curdled milk, bifid, yogurt), it is useful to drink a glass of any sour milk drink for the night. This will allow easy emptying of the intestine and a soft stool that does not injure the inflamed bowel.
An important point is the correction of the drinking regime, at the day it is necessary to drink at least eight glasses of liquid. It can be juices, compotes, fruit broths, herbal and green tea, mineral and ordinary drinking water. Lack of fluid in the body leads to the formation of solid feces and promotes constipation, with its sufficient intake of the chair will be soft, and the emptying of the intestines - easy, which is important in the presence of bleeding.
To eat should be small portions, five to six times a day at intervals of 2.5 - 3 hours. This will allow the digestive tract to work and not to overeat.
As prophylactic measures to prevent bleeding during hemorrhoids, proctologists note timely treatment of diarrhea and constipation, proper nutrition, which contributes to regular defecation, consumption of a large number of vegetables, fruits, and sour-milk products.
An important point is the timely access to a specialist for the appearance of the first adverse symptoms of hemorrhoids and the treatment of the disease in compliance with all medical recommendations. Cope with the disease will help an active and mobile lifestyle, sports, long walks, therapeutic gymnastics.