- 1. Kid is exploring the world
- 2. The child is getting to know the surrounding people
- 3. Developing a grasping reflex
- 4. Is the baby physically active?
- 5. When should I worry?
- 6. Measures that correct the development of
- 7. Conclusion
Among pediatricians, there is an opinion that 3-4 months of life of the baby is decisive in development. By this age the baby does not look as helpless as at birth, begins to show curiosity and awareness in behavior. However, loving moms and dads, especially the parents of the first child, are often too concerned about the child's normal development. To solve this problem, it is enough to know what a three-month-old child can do.
There is a certain set of standard qualities typical for crumbs of 3 months. These norms should be guided, assessing the degree of development of the child. Each person develops, especially at the beginning of life, according to an individual plan, so do not dri
The kid is studying the world around
The main task of young parents is to be attentive to the behavior of a small member of the family, to notice all the changes in the mood of the baby. At 3-4 months the child already possesses a set of abilities that attest to a full and harmonious development. What do children know how to do in 3 months? The baby is already beginning to be interested in almost everything that surrounds him, and regardless of his gender:
- Begins to show an active interest in the world around him.
- There is coordination in some movements. It is trying to raise the head when lying on the tummy, begins to lift the body, resting on the elbows and stay in this position.
- Already able to turn his head in different directions.
- Draws attention to the objects of interest, sees well, briefly delays looking at them.
A child gets to know other people
- Looks with attention and listens to people who talk with him.
- Will recognize my mother and father's voice.
- Reacts to different voice intonations.
- A smile appears when he sees his parents - in pediatrics this feature is called a "social smile".
- Begins to manipulate his voice. Attentive mother is not difficult to distinguish the meaning of crying a child: something hurts or it just needs attention.
- Crying is heard less than in previous months. The child cries no more than 1 hour a day.
- Begins to walk a lot. At 3 months - this is the main way to communicate with parents, expressing emotions and attracting attention.
The grasping reflex
- develops. At 3 months, the congenital grasping reflex is lost, now the grasping movements become conscious.
- The palms open, less and less clenched into fists. Can catch and hold in the handles a moving object.
- Trying to taste everything that falls into his hands.
- Interested in his face, trying to touch his eyes and nose, carefully watching his hand movements.
- Begins to control its body, because by three months the muscle tone is noticeably reduced.
- Pulls the pens toward the parents. Strain muscles, imitating pulling, when they try to take him in his arms.
How young is physically active?
- 3-month-old baby can turn from back to belly.
- He begins to push his legs off the sides of the crib or sofa. Therefore now parents should not leave the child in places where he can fall and be injured.
- With pleasure he plays in improvised football in a prone position.
Summary of skills:
|Scope of development||What's going on?|
|The movements of the||Crumb can freely hold the head for about 30 seconds, being in the hands of an adult. The volume of movements of the upper limbs increases: the toddler rises the hand quite high, from the prone position on the abdomen it rises, leaning on the elbows and forearms. The head in this position holds for about 1 minute. If the baby is supported under the mice, he will lean on the feet on the surface, straightening the legs in the knee joints. By the end of the month some babies learn to turn on the barrel.|
|Vision||Examines objects that are not more than 60 cm away from the eyes. Focuses on the adult's face for about 10 seconds. Steadily and with interest watches the toy, turning the head. Treats your pens up to 5 minutes.|
|Hearing||Hearing reactions are improved: the sound localization is formed. At a loud sound, the little one turns his eyes, and then his head. Negatively reacts to sharp sounds - wincing and crying.|
|Emotions||Crying and crying becomes not so much "demanding" as "asking": pauses appear, as waiting for an answer. The "revitalization complex" manifests itself in full measure - the smile becomes very different, depending on the circumstances, the facial expression as a whole is being improved.|
|Speech||There is a walk - vowel sounds in different combinations( aaa, ae, ay, agu).By the end of the month, the singing of a song is evolving - long sounds of different intonations( vocal games).|
All the time it's worth remembering that every kid develops on a special personal schedule. However, significant significant deviations from the norms may indicate the presence of pathological conditions and violations of the function of mental development. For a baby at 3 months, it is not normal to constantly cry with the constant expression of emotions, this applies to both girls and boys, and is an occasion for consultation with a pediatrician. About the causes of child crying in the video school of Dr. Komarovsky:
When to worry?
Regardless of the brightest manifestations of personality in 3.5-4 months, the baby must have certain abilities. If to this period the baby does not have the majority of characteristic age skills, parents should be vigilant and necessarily show up with the child to the doctor. A serious reason for unrest can be such facts:
- babe still does not hold his head, even for a few minutes;
- does not respond to loud noise, does not turn its head to a loud voice;
- does not pay attention to bright toys and does not reach for them;
- does not follow the moving object;
- does not look at your hands, fingers, does not try to touch your face;
- can be long, hysterical, aimlessly cry.
The presence of such deviations in the child - this is a compelling reason to contact the pediatrician or neurologist. After the appropriate examinations and the conclusion of doctors, parents are obliged to make every effort to ensure that the baby has caught up with his peers on psychophysical indicators. The best friends of the child in three months should be developing bright rattles, which in a game form help the kid to know the surrounding world and to develop harmoniously.
. Measures that correct the development of the
. Attentive and caring parents are obliged to monitor the pace of development of their baby, to correct possible deviations. Eliminate the problems that arise only under the supervision of the doctor after determining the causes of the deviations, following the recommendations of specialists. If the child does not show interest in toys for up to 4 months, does not recognize the voice of mom and dad, does not smile, is indifferent to the world around him, one should conduct daily developmental activities using new bright rattles, toys and subjects:
- Improving vision and ability to focus the eyes will helpColored rattles. Purchase several baby rattles of different colors. Slowly move them at the level of the baby's eyes so that the child has the opportunity to focus the look.
- The use of musical toys for babies is difficult to overestimate. They contribute to the development of attention and hearing. Well, if you can hang a musical carousel above the children's arena. The kid will look, listen and try to grab it.
- Choose toys with different shape, size, texture. Such a variety of parameters in the hands of the baby will develop a small motor skills, which has a direct connection with speech.
- Motivate the child to move, crawl. Interest him with a bright toy, so that he had a desire to reach it, while helping the kid, putting his palm under the legs, so that he could rest and push off. So easily and quickly you can form an important ability to crawl.
- Constantly communicate with the child, talk, read, sing and dance together, often take the crumbs on your hands, hug and kiss more. Emotional communication with mother is a guarantee of harmonious and full development.
. One should not treat the life of the closest person inattentively and carelessly. If you do not notice the deviation in time and miss the moment when you can solve the problem effectively and quickly, the consequences can be sad. Regularly visit the pediatrician and do daily, play with the child. Do not make independent quick conclusions, do not panic. At this stage, most deviations are amenable to correction.
Information on what children should be able to do in 3 months can be found in special tables( do not forget that there is no exact data) or watch a video.
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = bPXBCpTXvx0