Some symptoms of colds run without temperature and therefore do not cause you any special anxiety. In fact, they are very dangerous. For example, a prolonged cough without fever and cold suggests that there is a latent infection in the body. This symptom is extremely serious. Let's take a closer look at the causes of this phenomenon and how to get rid of it.
Causes of cough without temperature
Causes of a prolonged symptom not accompanied by fever, runny nose or sneezing are the following problems in the body:
- Hidden inflammation or allergic reaction. This cough in the throat is accompanied by a runny nose and sneezing, but the temperature of 37 does not rise above 37.
- Heart failure.
- Venereal disease. Sometimes a cough without a cold and fever is the first symptom of a delicate infection, accompanied by irritations on the skin, a rash. Pneumonia or acute respiratory viral infection.
Sometimes people cough not because of a cold, but because of the pollution of the environmen
Dry cough without runny nose and fever with rales is caused by such factors:
- Allergy to external irritants. The body tries to release the respiratory system from irritating particles, for example, dust, animal hair, household chemicals.
- Ecology. If you live in an environmentally unfavorable place for a long time, then barking cough with a runny nose without temperature can be caused by environmental pollution. Long-term smoking exacerbates the situation. All this sometimes leads to chronic diseases of the respiratory system.
- Heart problems. In this situation, the condition can worsen in the prone position. Sometimes it becomes difficult to breathe because of this.
- Papillomatosis of the larynx. The larynx is covered with papillomas. Another patient feels uncomfortable in the throat, but there is no fever or runny nose, like with a cold.
Causes of this cough without a runny nose and temperature can be the following problems:
- Bronchitis, tracheitis, other similar diseases. As a rule, the symptom is a residual phenomenon of the transferred inflammations, the maximum duration of which is a month.
- False groats. With this diagnosis, a person has a very strong cough without a cold and fever with painful bouts. The sputum practically does not clear the throat.
- Tuberculosis. A dangerous disease, which often does not show any other symptoms. Coryza and cough with phlegm containing blood.
- Cold. In ARVI, a person suffers from a runny nose, even if the temperature remains normal.
Such a cough with a runny nose without temperature is very dangerous. Man, suffocating, his throat is very sore. This in no case can not be tolerated or treated at home. It is necessary urgently to address to the doctor who will define, by what symptom such such attacks are a symptom. If you sometimes cough up almost to vomiting, the reasons for this may be:
- bronchial asthma;
- whooping cough;
- swelling in the lungs or bronchi;
A dry cough at night can be a sign of an allergy to natural pillow fillers. But he is also a symptom of other dangerous diseases. It is necessary to try to understand what other symptoms are observed, for example, a runny nose or sneezing. If you have snot with no temperature at night, you have snot, it's either a cold or an allergy. Often people cough at night because of the wrong structure of the skeleton or internal organs, or inflammation of the nerve endings.
of the Tight
If there is no chill during prolonged cough, this does not mean that there is no danger. This condition may indicate that the body for some reason does not respond to the virus with high temperature. If it lasts a very long time, you need to undergo a medical examination. A prolonged symptom may be caused by:
- heart disease;
- is an allergy;
- is a complex form of bronchitis.
How to cure a cough
To cure a prolonged cough without fever, it is recommended to use medicines or folk recipes. If you prefer the first option, first visit the doctor, so that he can determine the cause of the problem and prescribe a prescription for suitable medications. If it's a cold without temperature, then the tablets that dilute sputum will help. These include mucaltin, ambroben, bromhexine. In more severe cases, antibiotics will be needed.
Wet cough at home is treated and folk medicine. Very effective will be a mixture of mashed cranberries and honey( in equal parts).Still it is recommended to drink honey with a lime color and birch kidneys in a proportion 1: 1: 0,5 glasses. The mixture is boiled in a water bath for a quarter of an hour, filtered and drunk three times a day on a small spoon. If you do not know how to stop the condition and how to treat it, then rub your chest with badger fat, which has an anti-inflammatory effect. Be sure to drink plenty of warm liquid. Different approaches are used to treat children and adults coughing.
To cure a strong symptom in an adult, you need to determine the cause of the occurrence and eliminate it. Dry cough at night is treated with antitussive drugs so that a person can normally rest. If it is associated with an infection of the upper respiratory tract, then you will need to take pills for colds. The most important thing is to understand what to drink to turn a permanent dry cough into a wet one. This can be achieved if you know what to drink.
Medications that stimulate expectoration:
- Reflex. Drugs that drink with a prolonged cold. They affect the areas of the brain responsible for the cough reflex. The most common example is the leaves of mother-and-stepmother, plantain. Of the drugs - codeine.
- Resorptive. Medicines that dilute sputum. Thanks to them, the lungs are intensively cleaned. Often they are used for inhalations. Examples: ATSTS, Amtersol, Ascoril.
- Proteolytic. Make sputum less viscous. Examples: Gelomirtol, thyme.
- Mucoregulators. Tablets for increased production of phlegm, used to treat colds in most cases. This, Ambroxol, Bromhexine.
Cough in a baby without temperature is normal, if the child is not capricious and sleeps well, behaves very actively, does not complain about a stuffed nose or weakness. But if barking, dry or wet cough does not pass, then you should consult a doctor. Pain when coughing and frequent long bouts, which sometimes lead to vomiting and do not give the baby in 3 years of sleep, talk about the presence of serious diseases in the body.
For the treatment of a prolonged cough without fever, the child is prescribed:
- remedies, soothing spasms( Joset, Ascoril, Kashnol);
- medications for liquefying sputum( Thyme, ACC, Bromhexine);
- expectorants( Stoptopsin, Bronchicum, plantain).
If your child has a dry allergic cough without a cold, the treatment should be comprehensive. In this situation, you need to drink antitussive drugs and visit an allergist who will identify the allergen and eliminate it. This can be household dust, pet hair. The specialist will write antihistamines( anti-allergic), tell you what to drink for general strengthening therapy and improve immunity.
Video: Komarovsky about cough treatment in a child
Watch a video in which the famous children's doctor Eugene Komarovsky tells in detail how to cure a cough without a cold in an infant. Doctor's advice will help you understand why a bad symptom arises, what you need to do, so that the ailment quickly passes. Having looked at the video below, you will stop considering the cough something frightening and incomprehensible, and when it appears you can take correct steps without delay.