Neck pain is a common problem of people, which, in the absence of treatment, changes into a chronic form with a dystrophic lesion of the intervertebral discs in the cervical region. Since the therapy of this pathology is complex, the theme "osteochondrosis of the cervical spine treatment of folk remedies" is relevant for many. Let's understand, what are the general symptoms and methods of therapy of this disease, what diet should be observed and how to properly do preventive treatment, to forget about pathology for a long time.
symptoms of degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine
This disease is a very long time can not apply any sort of symptoms and the patient about anything will not suspect that he will develop low back pain of 2 degrees. Often this disease of the spine is confused with angina( the symptoms are sometimes similar).However, when the nerves of the spinal cord with blood vessels start to be squeezed with the rapid development of acute cervical degenerative disc disease,
- patient experiences frequent migraines.
- There is an unbearable pain in the neck, shoulders, a feeling of stiffness.
- The hearing, sight is worsened, the patient can see imaginary spots in front of the eyes.
- Pain and crunching in the neck is exacerbated if a person moves, tries to turn his neck. He can feel dizzy( if he turns his head sharply), feel pain behind the sternum, giving to the heart or other internal organs.
Methods of treatment with folk remedies
Folk methods of therapy of the spine with osteochondrosis of the cervical department have long proved their effectiveness. But before using them, consult specialists who correctly diagnose the disease and recommend medical treatment. It is important to know to which doctor to apply and where to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. You will help a neurologist or specialist of exercise therapy of any orthopedic center dealing with problems of the musculoskeletal system. Check out the folk ways of treating the cervical region of the spine from osteochondrosis.
For external use of traditional medicine for external use is used to relieve pain, to resume blood flow in the affected area of the back, to return the ability to fully move. All folk methods of treatment listed below are highly effective in combination with special medicines for internal use, massages, and gymnastics. Let's analyze the prescriptions of ointments, compresses for self-cooking, which will help cure osteochondrosis in the cervical spine.
Together with other folk remedies for the treatment of osteochondrosis, for problems in the cervical spine, ointments are used. They not only have an analgesic effect on the affected area, but also restore cartilaginous, bone tissue. Cooked according to a popular recipe, such remedies will be an excellent analogue of medical preparations of "Actovegin", "Movalis" or "Diclofenac".Here is a small list of ointments for the treatment of the spine with osteochondrosis of the cervical department:
- Ointment from birch and poplar buds, St. John's wort and aloe.
- A thick mixture, based on burdock, plantain, pine buds, chamomile and violet. Well removes pain, inflammation in the treatment of osteochondrosis( cervical region of the spine).
- ointment that includes marshmallow root, ginger, lavender, radish, dandelion, horsetail, helps to relieve tension nerve entrapment in this disease.
In addition to ointments, compresses are used in the treatment of the spine with cervical osteochondrosis. They have a warming effect, relieve pain, remove the feeling of stiffness of the back, effectively relieve many unpleasant symptoms( for example, migraine, nasal congestion, edema of the face).Read the recipes for compresses for the cervical spine for osteochondrosis:
- Curd and vinegar compress. Pour a couple of drops of vinegar on cottage cheese( up to 100 grams), mix thoroughly, apply to a cloth and apply overnight to the sick neck. A turpentine compress based on the test. Knead the tight dough from a glass of flour and water( by eye), wrap it, put it in a dark place for a couple of days. After the specified time, spread the neck with turpentine. From above put a layer of dough, wrap up the resulting collar with cellophane, scarf. Remove when the burning sensation of the neck becomes intolerable.
- A pack of horseradish leaves. Attach the leaves of this plant to the affected site of the spine during the osteochondrosis of the cervical region, after having treated them with boiling water. Warm the compress with a scarf, leave it overnight.
- Potato and honey compress. Rub potatoes with a grater and mix with honey one to one. The resulting gruel is applied to the neck part of the spine, cover with compression paper and scarf, fix the bandage with plaster, hold for up to two hours. At the end of the procedure, wipe the neck with a damp warm cloth, apply fir oil.
The adoption of a warm relaxing bath always has a positive effect on the patient's back. Treatment of the spine with folk remedies for osteochondrosis in the cervical region must necessarily include this procedure. To prepare a healing bath at home you will need warm water of pleasant body temperature, medicinal herbs( for example, needles or chamomile).In order to successfully treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, folk remedies should be supplemented with such baths:
- Based on the pine extract. Throw branches, needles, bumps with bark in a saucepan of water and boil for half an hour. Wrap the broth with a warm cloth, leave for 12 hours. When the extract is ready, you will understand it by its color: it will have a rich brown hue. Collect a bath full of warm water, pour a half liter of broth, add 2 kg of sea salt. Such procedure of treatment of an osteochondrosis at problems in a cervical department of a backbone carry out once a day daily. The course of therapy is 10-12 sessions.
- Chestnut. Take a kilo of horse chestnut, chop( possibly a blender), boil in 5 liters of water( 30 minutes).Cool, strain and pour into the recruited bath. This procedure well restores blood circulation processes in areas affected by osteochondrosis, anesthetizes, relaxes.
- With juniper. You need 200 grams of juniper needles, a liter of water. Fill the grass with water and boil until half an hour. Cool, pour into a filled bath. The procedure, which is designed for 14 sessions, perform every other day.
- With the root of ayr, thyme. In equal proportions( 100 grams each), brew the herbs in three liters of boiling water. Infuse for up to three hours, use to take a bath. The number of sessions is calculated for 12 days, and the frequency of execution is daily.
For internal use of
In order to obtain a better effect, in the treatment of osteochondrosis affected by the osteochondrosis( cervical part), folk methods need to take medications inside. It is not necessary to buy expensive tablets in pharmacies, you can easily prepare medicines of this composition at home with your own hands. Read more in detail with folk remedies for internal use in the treatment of osteochondrosis.
tinctures These medications for internal use are used when it is necessary to have an anti-inflammatory effect. Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is just this. Experts in the use of folk methods in this disease leave good feedback on the positive effects of the root of celery, sunflower, garlic and lemon, pine buds. Tinctures of plants on alcohol, vodka or pepper extracts - will help relieve muscle tension in the neck, remove inflammation of pinched nerves, eliminate pain. The course of treatment does not exceed 2-3 months.
Another effective folk remedy for internal use is decoctions based on herbal remedies. In the process of treatment of the spine with cervical osteochondrosis, such decoctions will not only help to remove pain, but also to remove facial puffiness, inflammation in the neck, improve metabolism, and increase blood circulation in the affected area. Here are the detailed recipes for cooking the most popular of them:
- Decoction of oregano, hops, chamomile. Medicinal herbs in equal proportions( two spoons) fill with a liter of boiling water. Soak the broth, insisting in the dark for up to three days. Take with exacerbation of osteochondrosis in the cervical spine one tablespoon twice a day.
- Decoction based on mint. Take 200 grams of the following herbs: mint, licorice root, yarrow, calendula. Pour the mixture with a liter of boiling water, cook until half an hour. Strain the resulting liquid and take it inside 100 grams three times a day. Such treatment of the spine with cervical osteochondrosis continues for six months.
If you want to increase the effect of cervical osteochondrosis treatment, use manual therapy. It is quite possible to perform on your own. The more you perform self-massage, the more effective will be treatment using folk remedies. Every day, sit in a comfortable chair and begin to knead the cervical-collar region of the back. Apply massaging, moderate pressure and rubbing the neck, reaching the place between the shoulder blades, then knead the forelegs and chest( above the mammary glands).On the back of the motion, point toward the neck.
Diet for osteochondrosis of the cervical department of
In order for complex treatment with folk remedies to be effective, observe a special diet that promotes general improvement of the osteoarticular system. You must choose products that would allow your body to make up for the lack of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. That's what doctors recommend about nutrition during the treatment of the spine, affected by osteochondrosis in the cervical region, folk remedies:
- Refuse altogether from the use of coffee, sweet carbonated drinks - they intensively wash out of the human body all the useful substances( potassium, magnesium, calcium,.)
- Exclude from your own diet dishes with sorrel.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking are unacceptable if you are engaged in treatment of the cervical region of the spine, damaged by osteochondrosis.
- Your daily diet should not contain grapes, meat rich broths.
- Maximize the consumption of simple carbohydrates( sweets, flour products).
- Remove the smoked, salt, and sugar from the food.
- More consume proteins that are found in lean meat, fish, seafood, milk, cottage cheese, kefir.
It is very important to prevent osteochondrosis of the cervical spine to prevent the disease from reaching the second or third degree. Use the recommendations below for the use of preventive measures. This will help you to exclude relapses of osteochondrosis, to prevent its occurrence:
- Strictly observe a diet that should be based on the consumption of products with the content of calcium, magnesium.
- Sleep on a solid mattress, and choose a small pillow so that it does not bully your head during sleep.
- Try to lead an active sports life: visit gyms, sauna, various therapeutic massages, baths.
- If your work day is planned so that you are always sitting still( sedentary work), try to perform a simple warm-up of the head, cervical spine, back in general.
- Constantly monitor your posture.
The thermal effect of bathing procedures can not be compared for warming properties with any compress or fritters. All you need is to visit a good bath. Going there, do not forget to make a cup of delicious tea on medicinal herbs. After visiting the steam room or sauna, the body acquires a pleasant lightness, increases the capacity for work, pains that disturbed, noticeably subside. Use this method in the complex treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies.
If you are suffering from cervical osteochondrosis for a long time, sign up and visit the pool regularly. Swimming has a positive effect on the muscles of the back. This method is used not only in traditional medicine, but also in inpatient treatment. When swimming, all the muscles that are necessary for the general maintenance of tone work, metabolism improves, the person is emotionally unloaded, blood circulation is normalized.
Video: exercise therapy for osteochondrosis
There are other methods of treatment of the spine with osteochondrosis in the cervical region: hirudotherapy( with leeches), acupuncture, use of an applicator Kuznetsova( massager) or corset, yoga, use of mustard plasters. However, without physical therapy, therapy will not give the desired result. Only when performing special exercises, deep muscles of the spine begin to work. This is the most effective way to improve blood circulation in the affected areas of the neck, release the clamped nerves, relieve inflammation. Watch a video on physical education with cervical osteochondrosis:
Video lesson for charging for the cervical spine
If you decide to supplement the treatment of osteochondrosis of the neck with exercise therapy, stock up several types of exercise complexes. Strip them every day, and charging you will not seem monotonous. When doing gymnastics, you must follow all the rules and recommendations of experienced doctors to avoid additional injuries. Watch the video below for a lesson in charging, which will help you learn how to do the exercises correctly.