The first signs of the emergence of a new life can be manifested implicitly, and most of these sensations are experienced by women from month to month during PMS.Therefore, it is often so problematic to identify your feelings as distinctive features of pregnancy or PMS.
- PMS or pregnancy: general symptoms
- Changing taste preferences
- Breast sensitivity and size
- Chronic fatigue
- Pain in the ovary
- Pain in the spine
- Sharp mood swings
- PMS or pregnancy: differences
- Frequent urination
- Toxicosis as a sign of pregnancy
- Bloody discharge from the vagina
- How to distinguish PMS from pregnancy to delay
Premenstrual syndrome in a woman is most often associated with a rapid change inStructure and nervousness. That's it, but it's just something that catches your eye. In fact, a woman feels a much wider range of emotions and painful sensations than can be caused by her emotional discontent.
Each woman should control her menstrual cyc
PMS or pregnancy: common symptoms of
Consider the most prominent and similar symptoms of both women's conditions and their important but subtle differences.
Changing the taste preferences of
- Almost the traditional reaction of the environment to the sudden desire of salty dishes is the issue of pregnancy. In jest or in earnest, but one of the first changes that should alert a woman is the craving for brand-new products and a strong disgust for the usual. But few people associate the same changes in taste preferences with PMS.In fact, the symptoms of a sweet or salty preference can be observed both in pregnancy at an early age and during PMS.
- But the aversion to food women experience only at the first stages of pregnancy. This is due to the growing toxicosis of global changes within the body. In the symptoms of PMS, such sensations are a rare exceptional moment and almost never occur in practice. Toxicosis - the root cause of such a feeling in pregnant women, is directly related to the onset of fetal activity. Before the maturation of the placenta at 4 months, the products of the future life of the baby fall directly into the mother's blood, which causes the concentration of decomposition products - toxicosis.
- The desire of a woman to try some new, uncharacteristic food, based on the very natural needs of the female body in various vitamins and trace elements. Therefore, eating experiments is an integral part of the female nature.
Obviously, taste preferences and their changes can not distinguish PMS from pregnancy to delay. Their differences are not at all obvious and can not become a clear identifier of the position of women.
Breast sensitivity and size
- The main cause of almost all changes in the woman's body is the fluctuation of the hormonal background. And metamorphosis with the mammary glands in this case is no exception. And since the fluctuation in the level of hormones is different both the state of pregnancy and PMS, it is very difficult to clearly identify the state according to the sensations of the chest.
- The only benchmark can be the duration of such changes and sensations with the mammary glands. In the case of PMS breast slightly swells and it hurts only a few days, and in the situation with pregnancy - the whole period of preparation for future lactation continues.
- At the early stages of pregnancy, rapid fatigue is associated with an increase in the level of the hormone progesterone. Against the background of reduced sugar and frequent fluctuations in blood pressure, and there is the effect of constant fatigue.
- Before the PMS, the release of hormones into the body is the same amount as in the first days of pregnancy. Therefore, in the premenstrual period, the woman's fatigue is considerable. But it quickly passes when the bleeding begins and the hormone level returns to normal again.
As can be seen, and the sign of fatigue can not be taken as a single indicator of a particular situation. However, it is impossible to completely ignore the presence of such a factor. In any case, the fluctuation in the level of hormones, which leads to such fatigue, may be a consequence of the hormonal disorder and be extremely dangerous to the health of the woman.
Pain in the ovarian region
- In the middle of the monthly cycle, the woman's body is prepared for implantation into the fallopian tubes ready for fertilization of the egg. This process is accompanied by an increase in the number of mucous membranes on the walls of the uterus. Before menstruation, the mucous begins to gradually peel off from the walls, which causes a very painful sensation in the lower abdomen.
- In the first weeks of pregnancy, uterine pains are associated with a cardinally opposite process. At this point, the fertilized egg is fixed to the walls of the uterus, thus irritating its mucous membrane. As can be seen, the presence of a painful sign during PMS and pregnancy also coincide.
- However, availability does not mean identity. You can distinguish the state of a woman by the nature of such pain. In the first days of pregnancy the pain is insignificant, mild and short-term. Passes quickly and lasts only up to 2 days. In the case of pain in the lower abdomen during PMS, each woman is different: very strong or weak, go through 2 - 3 days or last a week, and some women even suffer most of the cycle.
As a result, we can state that the pain as a sign of PMS is more powerful than similar feelings during pregnancy.
Pain in the spine
This sign, which manifests during PMS, can not be attributed to pregnancy. Such pains are spaced in time and do not overlap.
- In the case of premenstrual syndrome, back pain begins during the detachment of the uterine mucosa and is associated with active bone marrow production of red blood cells. This can last up to 5 to 7 days of menstrual bleeding.
- In the first days and even weeks of pregnancy, such feelings are absent in women. Only by the end of the second trimester pain in the lower back of the future mother begin to gradually increase until the very birth. This is due to the increase in the size of the fruit egg and baby, which leads to increased pressure on the internal organs and the load on the spinal column.
Sharp mood swings
Another common symptom of PMS and pregnancy are mood swings. The source of this sign, as well as most others in pregnancy or PMS, is the level of hormones. At first glance, there are no differences, but still they are.
- During the premenstrual syndrome, the color of the emotional background is often negative. That is, it is the whole range of irritability, anger and anger. And even tears can be from anger in the PIP period.
- During pregnancy, the woman begins to feel everything differently - more acute, bright and so react accordingly. Can laugh, and then cry suddenly or unexpectedly rejoice, and then get angry. Becomes more sensitive and vulnerable emotionally. That is, in an equal volume experiences both positive and negative feelings.
PMS or pregnancy: differences
Consider the main differences in symptoms of PMS and pregnancy. These include those that the woman feels in the first weeks of pregnancy and never during the PMS.
This symptom begins to bother the expectant mother at the beginning and at the end of pregnancy.
- In the 3rd trimester, this is due to the relatively large weight of the baby and its pressure on the bladder, which actually forces the nervous system to send signals to the brain about filling it 2, and even 3 times more often.
- In the first weeks to frequent urge in the toilet leads to metabolism and hormonal changes. In connection with the still unformed placenta, fetal metabolism products enter the bloodstream and cause toxicosis in the body of the expectant mother. In order to quickly purify the kidneys, the elements of decomposition are more productive and more dynamic, which results in a frequent filling of the bladder.
Toxicosis as a sign of pregnancy
One of the earliest reactions of a woman's body from pregnancy to delay, which immediately distinguishes her from PMS, is toxicosis. It begins immediately after the formation of the zygote and its attachment to the walls of the uterus. Its acute manifestation, of course, begins a little later - after the accumulation of a sufficient concentration of metabolic products in the woman's blood. But it also happens fast enough. A week later, the future mother feels discomfort and the first signs of toxicosis. No, even remotely similar sensations, a woman does not experience during PMS.
Bloody discharge from the vagina
Not only the woman herself, but her body begins to change and actually "learns" about pregnancy only when the zygote completes attachment to the walls of the uterus. This process is quite specific and the ovule can even damage small capillaries on the way to life-giving strengthening in the mother's body. In this case, implantation may be accompanied by small bloody discharge. This is considered normal and is a clear sign of the position of the woman.
How to distinguish PMS from pregnancy to delay
From the article, we can see enough similarity in symptoms of PMS and pregnancy. This is not surprising, because the body is one and all the processes in it are similar. Except for the fact that menstruation itself is part of a woman's productive function, like pregnancy itself, then everything is quite logical. However, there are significant differences and if you can properly listen to your body, then you can distinguish PMS from pregnancy to delay with a probability of 90%.
Of course, to say that each of the fair sex carries the same PMS and pregnancy - it is impossible. Someone in all life and does not tell you that he felt any of these signs of approaching menstruation, and someone in pregnancy, a particular discomfort did not cause toxicosis. But still these signs are present, only individual for each woman.
- Early terms of pregnancy, then they are early, which is poorly expressed. Therefore, the diagnosis of pregnancy, and especially independent, in early terms is very ambiguous. Therefore, any changes in the woman's body, and especially unusual, require special attention and observation.
- The surest way to determine pregnancy is, of course, going to the doctor. At home, a rapid pregnancy test is more effective and reliable by 90 to 99%.With high sensitivity, he determines just the level of the hormone HCG in the body, which begins to be actively developed at the time of fixing the egg in the wall of the uterus. Some tests even allow you to determine the situation 4 days before the start of the proposed menstruation.
Each woman's body is special and with an increasing number of menstrual cycles, she herself senses and understands the approach of regular bleeding. Therefore, every month, experiencing the same scenario in a circle, you can immediately feel the change. It is these changes in the behavior of your reproductive system that must be alerted and cause an additional check by any of the methods listed above.