At the 28th week of pregnancy the child finally opens his eyes. The pupillary membrane, which protects the baby's eyeballs, falls off, and now he can study everything around not only with the help of touches. At 28 weeks of gestation, it is seen that the eyes of the fetus have a blue color that is common for newborns, which will change to genetically laid directly before birth.
Development of the child at week 28 of pregnancy
Child development at 28 weeks of gestation
- Hair on the head starts to grow quickly, and the fleece hair that protects the baby's body gradually disappears.
- Eyes become more expressive and clearer due to the final formation of eyelids and eyelids.
- It is at the 28th week of pregnancy that the fetus is actively prepared for the outside world outside the uterus. Formed adrenal glands of the child begin to produce a special hormone that stimulates the formation of an internal film on the alveoli. At the same time, the alveoli first come into direct contact with the blood vessels of the bronchi. This simulation of oxygen exchange prepares the baby's lungs and bronchi for breathing.
- The baby is no longer comfortable in the abdomen at the 28th week of pregnancy, and he always tries to turn over. But it is difficult to achieve special success in the limited space, so he flounder and worries about his mother.
- Fruit at 28 weeks weighs already a lot, within 98 - 1100 g. Due to this, the load on the woman's loin is very high.
28th week of pregnancy: what the woman feels
- Special changes, other than aggravated back pain, in the state of a pregnant mother are not observed.
- The preparation for childbirth is in full swing: the woman visits the doctor every 10 days, gives a standard set of blood and urine tests. At the 28th week of pregnancy, it is important to control the inflammatory processes in the mother's body, as well as the levels of antibodies, glucose and iron.
- With the growth of an already impressive stomach, even if you regularly care for the skin in these places, it is increasingly stretched and itch. Crimson strips appear more, and they become more noticeable. Subsequently, they can turn into stretch marks, from which you can not get rid of - will remain folds of sagging epidermis. Today, to prevent such an outcome after childbirth is easier than it was before. Specialized medical creams and gels from postnatal stretch marks perfectly moisturize the skin, tighten the walls of the vessels of the cells and ensure its elasticity. For the selection of a cream, you can consult your doctor or decide on your own. Only carefully read the composition, contra-indications and the date of manufacture of the product you selected. Also, natural cosmetic oils are suitable for moisturizing, but they can be used more effectively in combination with modern medicine products.
- Fetus behaves very actively at the 28th week of pregnancy. The future mummy now and then feels his distinct movements. These contacts become important for women not only from the maternal point of view, but also from the point of view of control of its normal state, development and indications of vital activity. Some doctors even advise mothers to observe and fix the usual time and duration of the baby's activity in order to better control and understand his condition. At 28 weeks of gestation, the baby is usually less active during the day. So it turns out, because the movement during the day is rocking. But in the evening, when the mother is at rest, he begins to stay awake and actively turns over. The child can also react violently to the specific food consumed by the mother, strong emotional arousal or stress. On average, a woman experiences about 7 to 9 movements of the baby in 10 minutes during his active wakefulness. But this is by no means a panacea. Just some babies are less temperamental, and some are more.
Pain at 28 weeks of gestation
- Increased pain in the back area is the result not only of the shifting center of gravity due to the size of the abdomen, but also the weakening of the supporting muscles and joints due to a prolonged increasing load. Moreover, at 28 weeks of pregnancy, the back hurts as if a woman has taken radiculitis.
- Do not be alarmed if you sometimes feel pain in your legs, especially in the area of the knees and ankles. Similar sharp, sharp, but short-lived pains arise from the pressure of the uterus on the sciatic nerve.
- At 28 weeks of pregnancy, there is a high probability of frequent, jerky pain in the lumbar region. These symptoms of the first fights are manifested in preterm labor at the 28th week of bearing a child. In such a situation, you should immediately arrive at the hospital and notify your doctor.
- Special pains that cause each mom to shudder the entire gestation period are pains in the lower abdomen. Happens, thus, gives pain in the lower rib. Then you have nothing to worry about - it's just that the kid is crouching close to this painful place for you. If you feel dull pain in the ribs for a long time, your appetite worsened, vomiting occurs after eating and it is heartburn - most likely it is caused by urolithiasis. Immediately tell the doctor about it, give the necessary tests and go through accelerated treatment before delivery.
- The second problem that worries every pregnant mother at the 28th week of pregnancy is puffiness. In some women, it does not manifest much, and they practically do not notice a similar change in their body, while in others, it is noticeably too strong. And in this case swells all - from the face to the feet, that even wearing shoes does not go out. If you experience severe discomfort associated with this problem, immediately show your doctor. To start similar it is not necessary to not receive complications during sorts. Further accumulation of fluid in the body can develop into a late toxicosis in a pregnant woman. In this case, you need to clearly adhere to the diet and the amount of fluid consumed per day.
28th week of pregnancy: analyzes of
- . At the 28th week of pregnancy, active preparation for childbirth takes place. Therefore, in addition to standard analyzes of urine for sugar, and blood - for inflammatory processes, it is mandatory to analyze for antibodies. Already at the 28th week of pregnancy, you can determine the blood group and the rhesus of the baby. Comparison of rhesus mother and baby is an important time for delivery. If the mother has a negative Rh factor, and the fetus has a positive Rh, a rhesus-conflict can form, which will complicate the birth. Warning this situation, mothers are injected with a special drug called immunoglobulin, which suppresses her immune system. Protective antibodies to a child's blood practically cease to be produced in the body of a woman. Thus, doctors level out all the dangerous and unpleasant consequences of such a "dispute" before giving birth.
- Planned ultrasound is usually performed 3 times during the entire period of gestation. At a period of 28 weeks, two ultrasound examinations are already behind, and the third is usually administered immediately before childbirth. In the case of any pathologies or questionable indicators, the doctor prescribes a more frequent ultrasound chart. If you wish, you, of course, can do individual inspections more often. So future parents can follow the changes of their baby, observe its growth, location, development and sex. Only at the 28th week of pregnancy without a doctor you are unlikely to understand anything on an ultrasound photo. So only your doctor can explain the results of such an analysis and in the smallest details explain to you the norms and stages of development of your baby.
Uterus at week 28 of gestation
- At the 28th week of pregnancy, the uterus is already large enough, but this is not the limit. It will continue to grow until the very birth. Now the abdomen is already about 7-8 cm from the level of the navel, and about 25-27 cm - in its lower part.
- Periodically, at the 28th week of pregnancy, the woman feels minor contractions, sometimes even more significant and painful. In medicine, this phenomenon is called "false labor": thus, the muscles are prepared for the impending fast delivery. If you feel a sharp short-term tension in the abdomen - this is normal. Frequent reductions, accompanied by bloody discharge should be sure to alert you. In this case, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- At the 28th week of pregnancy the child reaches a certain development and in the womb is most often located head down. However, cases of the opposite position of toddlers - legs and buttocks forward - are also frequent. From practice of obstetrics it is noticed that it is easier to take delivery when the fetus is located head down, although each case is individual in its own way.
28th week of pregnancy: premature birth
- In general, the level of development of the child at 28 weeks of pregnancy is already quite enough to leave the mother's womb and continue independent growth. Your baby is already quite capable of life and often it is at this time that the so-called premature birth occurs. According to statistics, delivery at this stage is positive for the child, and only in isolated cases - with complications and possible fatal outcome. This, of course, does not exclude specialized care and monitoring of the baby for a while, but in our time it is quite affordable.
- Unlike a child, the mother's body is not ready for the moment of premature birth at the 28th week of pregnancy. All of its functioning is set for the conduct of labor and the process of bearing the fetus for 3 more months. Such forced events can cause unwanted complications in women. Such cases include: unavailability of the birth canal to the baby's exit, irregular and insufficient contractions, damage to the cervix in the child's exit, bleeding during childbirth and a long postpartum recovery process.
- It is believed that if a woman has a first pregnancy, then the delivery will take longer. Therefore, doctors take maximum measures to prevent contractions and stop preterm labor. If the contractions are infrequent and the weak possibility to suspend the labor activity is great enough.
28th week of pregnancy: late gestosis
- Complication of puffiness at the 28th week of pregnancy can cause such a disease as gestosis. The woman's body is changing so rapidly that sometimes not all internal organs are able to keep up with such changes. At the end of the second trimester, the placenta begins to produce specific enzymes that thin the tissue of the vessels of the internal organs and form holes microscopically by the 28th week. Through these small holes, blood, liquid and plasma seep. They accumulate under the skin, forming swelling. Until the 28th week of pregnancy, a small puffiness is almost invisible, but with an increase in the term, it begins to give the expectant mother more and more discomfort.
- In particular, through the leakage of the vessels of the kidneys into the feces comes the protein. This loss is significant for the body of a woman and a child. And the more it is, the more severely the disease becomes worse.
- Prevent gestosis by urine tests at all stages. When an increased protein appears, the doctor will immediately prescribe measures to combat the problem.
- The more such a hole appears, the more fluid is lost. Filling loss, the body raises blood pressure. This leads to a thickening of the blood, increased coagulability and the formation of blood clots.
- The development of all of the above, passes, absolutely not burdening the woman. In fact, the swelling of the visible parts of the pregnant mother's body is not as dangerous as swelling of the placenta. This can lead to an uneven inflow of oxygen to the fetus and the brain in particular, the development of pathologies and underdevelopment.