- is a physiological process in the female body, in which the mature egg is released from the follicle of the ovary to the fallopian tube, where dwells for a certain period of time waiting for fertilization. The inner wall of the uterus is compacted at this moment, creating favorable conditions for the attachment of a fertilized egg. If fertilization does not occur, it is released from the tube and comes out during menstruation.
- Features ovulation
- Signs of Ovulation How to calculate ovulation period by basal temperature?
- ovulation using the calendar method of calculation
- Test ovulation
- Calculation of irregular cycle
- How to determine ovulation cycle secretions
- calculation method online
- lack of ovulation
highest level of activity of the egg lasts for days after. It is at this point in the vast majority of cases that pregnancy occurs after ovulation. As a rule, on the expiration day egg viability weakened al
As a result of the influence of some factors, this ovulatory rhythm may change. How many days of ovulation in the cycle of the female body will depend on several circumstances. Changes can be caused by abortion. Ovulation in this case is restored after three months. When a woman crosses the 40-year boundary, the body begins to prepare for the climacteric stage. After its onset, the menstrual function fades, and ovulation stops altogether. The same happens when pregnancy occurs.
The most suitable time for conception is usually called the fertile period. But fertilization can occur a few days earlier or later. Sperm retains its viability in the female body for 3-5 days. If the intimate act occurred 5 days before the ovulation process, it is quite possible the onset of conception. Spermatozoa enter the cervix, and then into the uterine cavity. Then they move into the tubes in which they meet with the egg. To overcome this path they need more than a day. During this process, many sperm cells are killed by contact with the acidic environment of the vagina, cervical mucus and uterine cavity. Achieve only the most powerful goals. Signs of Ovulation
Learn about the occurrence of ovulation can be on several markers of the body, which include such aspects:
- Changes in cervical fluid. At different stages of the cycle, the nature of the fluid changes. Immediately after menstruation, there are abundant secretions, after a few days they become noticeably less. The consistency also changes, the liquid becomes sticky. A sign of approaching ovulation is clear mucus. After the completion of this process, the selection may disappear until the next monthly period.
- Ovulatory syndrome, characterized by pain. Pain is observed 14 days before menstruation in the lower abdomen. Mostly these unpleasant symptoms are short-term and do not last longer than two hours. But in some cases the pain can last up to two days. A reliable reason for the appearance of ovulatory syndrome is not revealed. Presumably, painful sensations can arise due to irritation of the ovarian mucosa when the egg leaves. This state can have both a systematic and a temporary nature. Some women experience pain every month, others - only for a while.
- Changing the hormonal background. During the cycle in the woman's body, the content of luteinizing hormone increases, as a result of which the ovary receives a kind of signal that the moment of egg release has come.
- Crystallization of saliva. On the approach of ovulation indicates also changes in the structure of saliva. This process occurs as a result of hormonal changes in the body of a woman. Saliva is studied using a special microscope. For a day or two before the ovulation, the saliva crystallizes and when viewed in a microscope resembles hoarfrost.
- Painful sensations in the area of mammary glands. On the background of hormonal changes, some women observe pain in the chest. This sign can also be traced and some days after ovulation. But this is not a reliable indicator of the onset of the desired period. Similar signs can be observed before menstruation.
- Changes in the position of the cervix, which is located slightly higher than its usual location.
- Temperature change. As ovulation approaches, the basal temperature index changes.
How to calculate the period of ovulation at basal temperature?
Today there are enough ways to calculate ovulation. Determination by measuring basal temperature is one of the most popular methods. During ovulation, the woman's body temperature decreases slightly. These changes are insignificant. But, focusing on them, you can calculate the right days.
This method is considered more accurate than other methods of determining the ovulation period. This procedure should be started from the first day of the cycle. The basal temperature is measured as follows:
- Measurement should be performed in the morning immediately after awakening.
- Do not stand up or make any significant movements before this process, as this can affect the objectivity of the results.
- It is important to determine the temperature daily at the same time.
- In the anus, place the thermometer approximately 4 cm, then wait 5-10 minutes.
- In the absence of ovulation, the temperature will be equal to 36.6 ° C.If a woman observes a slight decrease, this will indicate the release of the ovum from the ovary.
- On the second day there will be an increase in the temperature index up to 37 ° С.At this time the probability of conception is the highest.
These results will be objective provided that the woman has no health problems. As the temperature can decrease not only on the day of ovulation, but also in the case of deterioration of the physical condition. In addition, alcohol consumption or lack of sleep can affect the results. It is necessary to keep a record of all the indicators obtained.
To reliably determine the desired period, this procedure should be carried out for 3-4 cycles. If during this check the ovulation is clearly traced on the same day, it can be concluded that this period is the most suitable for a woman. The highest probability of pregnancy occurs from 10 to 19 days of the menstrual cycle. It takes into account 5 days before ovulation, immediately the day of release from the ovary of the egg and 3 days after this time.
Calculation of ovulation using the calendar method
In order to apply this method, you need to have accurate data about your cycle. You can obtain data by maintaining a special calendar in which you want to mark the days of menstruation. To determine the desired period, you will need data for 6 months.
The cycle time is from 27 to 32 days. Using the calendar, you need to calculate the time from the first day of the last month before the start of the current menstruation. The result will correspond to the cycle time.
If the same interval between menstruations is observed during the entire period of the counts - this indicates a regular cycle. With such indicators, the calendar method will yield the most accurate results. In the event that the regularity of the monthly is not traced, it is recommended that another method be chosen to determine ovulation.
Among all the cycles over the past six months, based on calendar marks, you need to calculate the shortest. From this indicator, it is necessary to subtract the number 18. The result obtained by such calculations is the day that is the beginning of the most fertile period for conception. From the long cycle it is necessary to take the number 11. When choosing this method, it should be remembered that ovulation after menstruation may shift under the influence of stressful situations, changes in health status, and the intake of certain medications.
Special tests can be purchased at any pharmacy. In appearance, they are reminded of tests to determine pregnancy. Their action is based on the relationship with the luteinizing hormone that is contained in the urine. The test responds to the concentration of this hormone. If there is a significant amount of it, then it means that in 24-36 hours will be ovulation. A positive result indicates the onset of a suitable time for conception.
In order to obtain an objective result, it is important to take into account such moments:
- For the test, one time should be selected between 10:00 and 20:00.
- You do not need to use the first morning urine.
- For a couple of hours before the procedure, it is recommended to reduce the consumption of water and drinks.
- In case a woman is treated with drugs containing luteinizing hormone, the test will not show a true result. Therefore, in the circumstances, other methods should be used to determine ovulation.
The test has a control line, which should be guided during the procedure. If the resulting strip has a bright color, similar to the color of the control, then this indicates a positive result. A light line indicates that ovulation has not occurred. And if it is not there at all, most likely during the test there was a mistake.
When carrying out this method of determining ovulation, some points should be considered. If the test is done after a few hours after the ovum has left the ovary, there is a chance of getting a negative result, because by this time the amount of the hormone will decrease.
The required concentration in the urine is contained throughout the day. For this reason, this method is recommended to be used in combination with other methods.
The test can show a negative result when ovulation occurs. This can happen for various reasons. Each woman has a different amount of LH hormone. Also a false result can be observed if: the
- test was conducted at different times;
- the woman drank too much liquid, which affected the concentration of urine.
Different tests have different sensitivity. This method has a certain drawback. Testing is necessary several times a day for 7 days or more, which will require financial costs. Also, remember that an irregular cycle can cause untrue results.
Calculation for an irregular cycle of
How to determine on what day ovulation will occur if the monthly irregular? In this situation, you can advise two ways:
- Determination of basal temperature and follicle growth monitoring with an ultrasound device.
- The second method gives more reliable results. He suggests examination by ultrasound on the 7th and 11th days of the cycle. You need to focus on the size of the follicle. When approaching ovulation, it reaches 20 mm.
Also by means of ultrasound, follicle rupture and egg cell exit can be traced. If this process does not occur, it is likely that there is a syndrome of the neovulated follicle. This condition is a deviation and requires treatment. Other methods in the case of an irregular cycle are not recommended.
How to determine the ovulation cycle for excretions of
Allocations are cervical mucus that changes during the cycle. To determine the moment of ovulation you need to have an idea of the structure, color and concentration of excreta throughout this period. For visual examination of mucus, you should slide your finger along the vagina, from the front to the back wall. There will be a change in the consistency of the secretions. They will be thick, elastic, sticky as they cycle. The color of the mucus will be clear, white and yellow;The structure is wet and dry. Ovulation can be determined by elastic structure and transparent color.
During the ovulation period, blood-containing excreta can be observed. They usually have a brown color. This phenomenon often becomes a reason for panic, but it has quite natural causes. The presence of blood is explained by rupture of the follicle. Such discharges are observed for a maximum of two days and do not represent any danger.
Method of calculating online
There are sites on which the ovulation calendar is located. He shows on what days the probability of conception is highest. To use such a calendar, it is enough to remember the day of the beginning of the previous cycle. The accuracy of this method directly depends on the regularity of the cycle. With irregular monthly online mode will not work.
It also requires some training. For 8 months, you need to monitor the cycles. This method should be used together with others, since the accuracy of the results can be adversely affected by the intake of hormonal contraceptives and frequent stresses.
There are also signs that will help determine the end of ovulation. This may be indicated by the absence of precipitates or a change in their structure. The end of this period can be judged by the cessation of pain in the abdomen and mammary glands. Also, a woman should pay attention to the face. Before the ovulation period, a hormone rash appears, which then disappears.
As a result of the presence of certain pathologies or diseases, ovulation may be absent. The reason for this phenomenon is mainly the changes in the mass of a woman's body. For normal ovulation, fat should be 18% of the total weight. In adipose tissue, there is an accumulation of estrogen and the conversion of androgen. With a lack of weight, the body can not reach the necessary level of estrogen, which ensures the maturation of the egg and the subsequent exit.
Ovulation may be absent due to emotional stress or clinical changes( polycystic ovary, impaired pituitary function).These conditions require medical intervention. Intensive physical activity and excessive sporting interest are also able to delay ovulation or lead to its complete absence. Another common cause is the change in the situation. Usually this happens during the travel period, when the climatic conditions and habitual life rhythm change.
Features of counting the day of ovulation are shown on the video: