Tuberculosis is one of the most common diseases in the world. Only in our country the carrier of infection is every seventh. Modern people are interested in how the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis is carried out, what is the essence of the basic medical techniques, what folk and pharmaceutical drugs are used in anti-tuberculosis therapy. It is important to know what preventive measures exist.
Symptoms of pulmonary tuberculosis
The types of this lung disease are classified according to the degree of danger of the patient for others:
- open( illness is contagious);
- closed( safe for others form of the disease).
In the course of development( first contact with microbes or activation of an existing infection), the disease occurs in a primary or secondary form. In terms of prevalence, the following forms of tuberculosis are distinguished:
- Focal tuberculosis.
- Infiltrative. Caseyase pneumonia.
- Tuberculoma of the lungs.
- Tuberculous pleurisy.
There are no obvious external manifestations of this infectious disease. Symptoms of tuberculosis at an early stage is very difficult to recognize, because it occurs under the guise of acute respiratory infections, frequent colds against the background of general fatigue. The ill loses appetite, begins to lose weight, suffers from excessive sweating. These symptoms are also typical for many other diseases, so it is possible to diagnose tuberculosis in the early stages only laboratory( Mantoux reaction, radiography).In the next stages, the patient has obvious signs of tuberculosis: chest pain, cough, hemoptysis.
Treatment of tuberculosis at home
People infected with tuberculosis are hospitalized and under diagnostic and treatment procedures in a hospital. When the first stage of the course of drug treatment of tuberculosis ends, the patient is discharged, and the fight against the disease continues in the home. The reception of antibiotics continues, a diet is prescribed, and auxiliary folk remedies are used.
People were sick with tuberculosis before the discovery of antibiotics, so various drugs were invented and used to treat this disease, combining immuno-boosting action and the ability to block( seal, preserve) an infected infection. The disease was treated with medicinal herbs, animal fat, honey, propolis, milk and other "gifts of nature".Among the known effective means of traditional medicine against tuberculosis should be highlighted:
- Treatment by a bear. The method is based on the unique ability of leukocytes of this insect to "wrap up" and block the stick of Koch's lung in the lungs. This property is possessed by a special enzyme feraza, which dissolves the waxy membrane of bacteria. In the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis, powder from dried bears is used, which is taken twice for three days with an interval of two weeks. After 3 months, repeat the course.
- Treatment with a wax moth. The drug from the larvae of this insect has a similar effect of the powder of the bear - the same enzyme dissolves the wax membrane of the rod. The recipe was developed by II Mechnikov and is now successfully used. For the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis, take an alcohol extract of larvae extracts: twice a day, 20 drops. Children are prescribed a drug from the calculation of drops by age - their number is equal to the number of years of the child.
The basis of the treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis with other folk remedies is their immuno-enhancing property. Taking such drugs, a person activates his own defenses, as a result, the body becomes able to independently neutralize( conserve) the bacteria that have entered the body. Such funds include:
- bear lard with melted milk;
- oats broth with bran;
- is a mixture of baked fat of a pig, a ram, a bull and a bear;
- badger fat with honey and walnut, etc.
Any antibiotic should be taken only as directed by the doctor, especially when it comes to tuberculosis. The fact that the phthisiatrician develops a course of treatment, based on the form, stage of the disease, the age of the patient, the available contraindications and possible complications. The task of the patient is to strictly follow the doctor's appointment: observing the dosage of the medication, duration and frequency of admission.
Outpatient treatment of
Principles of tuberculosis treatment are reduced to three main tasks:
- to neutralize the infection that has got into the body;
- to eliminate the effects of destructive for the lungs action of bacteria;
- to restore the immune system.
Chemotherapy( treatment with antibiotics, hormonal, anti-tuberculosis drugs), sanatorium-hygienic regime( diet compliance, climatotherapy), surgical intervention( removal of damaged parts of the lung or whole organ, pneumoperitoneum, pneumothorax) are used in medicine to accomplish the tasks set.
Pharmacotherapy takes place in two stages. At the initial intensive treatment is prescribed to suppress bacteria with high metabolism, at the final stage - blocking of remaining microorganisms of low metabolic activity. The main group of used anti-TB drugs of the main group includes:
With resistance of bacteria to the drugs of the main group, reserve drugs are prescribed:
For severe forms of the disease, respiratory failure, tuberculosis, cirrhotic and poly-cavyre lesions, single coverN appoint operative treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis:
- Artificial pneumothorax. Pressurization of light gases to reduce the cavity of decay, the dispersion of bacteria, reduce the absorption of toxins.
- Resection of the lung - excision of foci of active infection, removal of part or all of the organ replaced by connective tissue.
- Artificial pneumoperitoneum. The operation is assigned for the purpose of temporary correction of lung volume after resection.
Sanatorium and spa
This species is indicated for focal, infiltrative, disseminated form of tuberculosis at the stage of scarring of lung tissue, resorption and compaction of changes in it, after surgical operations. Sanatorium treatment includes:
- diet food;
- beneficial effects of climate;
- exercise therapy.
Can we cure tuberculosis of the lung completely
Can this disease be cured completely? A few years ago, the doctors stated with certainty that it was completely curable. Now the opinion of phthisiatricians is not so optimistic, because vaccination and modern methods of treatment have not won this infection. The main reason is the resistance of bacteria to antibiotics, their mutation. Many patients do not comply with the terms of treatment of tuberculosis, refuse to take antibiotics, long do not adhere to the prescribed diet, so the disease progresses.
Modern doctors believe that the disease can be cured completely only under certain conditions:
- diagnosis of tuberculosis at an early stage;
- compliance with the timing and scheme of pharmacotherapy( how much the disease is treated, depends on its form, stage, age and general condition of the patient);
- mandatory continuity of the anti-tuberculosis course;
- observance of sanatorium-hygienic regime.
The myth of the social nature of tuberculosis is completely dispelled. Absolutely every person can infect it. To somehow change the situation, improve statistics, the state conducts the following mandatory preventive measures:
- in children: BCG vaccination, Mantoux diagnosis;
- in adults: when hiring for livestock farms, sputum analysis for tuberculosis, fluorography during medical examinations.
State support of antiepidemic measures includes:
- isolation of an isolated living space for patients with an open form,
- free blood test for tuberculosis( conducted by any tuberculosis hospital);
- drug allocation;
- disability in pulmonary tuberculosis.
Video: how to treat tuberculosis
Do you want to know more about tuberculosis? Look at the documentary, which tells about the history of this infection, its place and role in the modern world. You will learn how long the incubation period of tuberculosis lasts, how it is diagnosed, what methods of treatment are used. The authors of the video explain how dangerous the tuberculosis patients are to others, what are the peculiarities of the forms of the disease, how modern society tries to cope with this common ailment. Marina, 46: My child is sick before the first class. Lying in the hospital, treated with pyrazinamide, were on home school for the first year. Another three years were registered with the phthisiatrician. Now my beauty is 25 years old. We do not even remember the illness.
Nikolay, 56 years old: He had tuberculosis in childhood. When my grandmother found out about my illness, she quickly took me to her village. I do not know what she gave me, but it was a nasty dry powder. I was poured on warm goat's milk and given bear's fat. I understand that without the pills it was not done, but I think that the main merit is the grandmother and her folk remedies.
Valentina, 37 years old: I work in a tuberculosis center. I want to say that people are very irresponsible. If they do not allocate money for medicines, they simply do not buy them, they also write complaints. But the main thing - interrupt the course of treatment. People, be more responsible! It's your health!