- 1. Natural lure is a bit of theory
- 2. Pedagogical complementary feeding and breastfeeding
- 3. Authoritative opinion
- 4. Basics of pedagogical complementary feeding
- 5. What kind of complementary foods to choose?
The idea of so-called pedagogical complementary foods, which is gaining popularity among modern parents, is by no means the latest fashion trend in the sphere of childcare. It is in this most accessible and natural way throughout the history of mankind that children are introduced to ordinary food as the mother's milk becomes insufficient. Discussions about which type of complementary foods are most useful often cause parents to study the topic of baby food as deeply as possible and in more detail.
The pediatric complementary scheme is traditionally developed and implemented by children's physicians;Than when and how to start feeding a baby is usually adv
To dispel all doubts of parents in choosing a diet for their child, let's try to analyze the main provisions of pedagogical complementary foods in comparison with pediatric lure. Consider the timing, schemes for entering food at the pediatric supplement, as well as some features and limitations associated with it.
Natural food - a bit of theory
Natural or pedagogical complementary feeding is a way of phased introduction of new products in a minimum amount in the ration of a child of the first year of life. He suggests that the infant begins to get acquainted with the "adult" food from the general family table, as soon as he has a desire( food interest).Unlike traditional complementary schemes, which require the preparation of certain specific dishes, the feeding of the child organically fits into the familiar family diet.
The scheme for introducing new dishes with this type of food does not require any strict rules. At any meal, the baby is offered to try from one to three doses of new products for him.
Pedagogical complementary feeding and breastfeeding
The best nutrition for children under one year is mother's milk. Pedicure is designed to support breastfeeding as much as is necessary for each specific child. Combining breastfeeding and introducing normal food with this lure is simple enough:
- The World Health Organization is of the opinion that breast milk is the ideal food for babies. According to WHO recommendations, no other food and drink is required for children up to six months, and complementary feeding should be introduced when the child reaches 6 months.
- Food for complementary foods should not replace mother's milk. You should continue breastfeeding in the usual rhythm. New foods in minimum quantities are advisable to offer the child in breaks between the main feeds of milk. Ideally, if the acquaintance of the baby with "adult" food will occur in the family circle during a common meal.
- According to WHO at the age of one year, the volume of non-dairy food in the child's diet should not exceed 25 percent, by the year and a half, 50 percent. All the necessary for the growth and development of nutrients the child continues to receive from the mother's milk, so to force the transition to other products should not be.
. Authoritative opinion
. The well-known pediatrician Evgeny Olegovich Komarovsky also holds the opinion that up to 6 months, a breastfeed is enough for a healthy baby to feed and drink. After this age, the doctor recommends gradually starting the lure. The scheme for introducing new products, promoted by Komarovsky, is a typical pediatric complement.
At the same time, Dr. Komarovsky does not deny the principles of the pedagogical variant of complementary foods, if it is convenient for a particular child and his family. According to Komarovsky, the mother can continue breastfeeding for as long as necessary for her and her baby, but after 12 months the breast milk should pass from the category of the basic baby diet to the status of a useful food supplement. At this age the child is ready to switch to a predominantly adult type of food.
Basics of pedagogical complementary feeding
Initially, the principles of pediatric supplement were formulated for children who are breastfeeding. In view of this, the following rules will fit better in the way of life of babies, rather than babies eating formula:
- Mother's nutrition should be useful, diverse and eliminating harmful or questionable foods.
- This variant of complementary feeding provides for the presence of the child at a common table during the meal by adult family members. The child is given a comfortable spoon, if desired he can reach my mother's plate and her food.
- During one meal, the baby is allowed to try up to three microdoses of the product, one or different. Unfamiliar products are introduced one by one per day, but also the food that has already been successfully tested is also offered. At this stage it is important not to exceed the amount of servings, if the child insistently requires an additive, you should try to distract him and switch attention to the game, etc.
- The increase in the amount of servings can be started from the second month of feeding. Gradually bring the dose of the familiar and loved food to 2 teaspoons. New products are offered, as before, with micro doses. Only at the beginning of the eighth month of complementary foods, the portion of the product introduced earlier reaches 1-2 table spoons. By the first birthday, the child must get acquainted with the majority of products from the family table.
- The pedagogical concept involves not only introducing the child to adult food, but also to correct behavior at the table. The baby used to eat alone, use cutlery. It is useful immediately to accustom the child to cleanliness during meals, immediately removing crumbs and drops from the table, and not allow games with food.
What kind of complementary foods should I choose?
When deciding on which way of introducing complementary foods is better and more useful, any mother is guided first of all by considerations of convenience and personal preferences. If the mother is close to the principles of natural parenting, then she will like the idea of pedagogical complementary feeding. If the mother seems to be more simple and safe any clear scheme for the introduction of special children's food, it is logical to make a choice in favor of traditional pediatric recommendations.
Adherents of pediatric supplement do not have such common problems as the refusal of children from certain types of food, as in nutrition they focus mainly on the desires of their kids, stimulating their natural interest in new products. Also, mothers who chose this method of complementary feeding, argue that by the age of one and a half their children are completely transferred to a common table, willingly absorb full portions of food and know how to eat their own with a spoon.
. At the same time, the variations of pediatric complementary foods have also proved to be suitable for most children. They were developed and improved by doctors and experts in child nutrition, tested by many generations and in some situations may be more convenient than feeding the child with dishes from the diet of adults.
Modern parents are particularly concerned about the quality and safety of food, as well as the risks of food allergies. If the mother consciously chose the principles of pediatric feeding for her child, she should also pay increased attention to the ration of all family members. Similarly, children develop useful food and family habits from an early age, which will help to avoid many problems in the future.