- 1. Useful elements of the vegetable
- 2. How and how can a pumpkin harm?
- 3. From what age do pumpkins feed?
- 4. How to cook?
- 5. What can you make from a pumpkin?
- 5.1. Mono-component puree
- 5.2. Pumpkin soup with vegetables
- 6. Dishes after 1 year
- 6.1.Millet porridge with pumpkin
- 6.2. Pumpkin casserole
- 6.3. Pumpkin cutlets
- 7. We store for the winter
Adults do not favor a pumpkin on their table, preferring a potato or cabbage. Nevertheless, this unique vegetable is very useful for the organism of babies. Introducing a pumpkin into lure, you supply your crumb with valuable vitamins and minerals. Vegetable has a good digestibility and pleasant taste, which is very popular with children. Pediatricians advise regularly to prepare pumpkin puree for babies, noting the rich composition of the vegetable.
Useful elements of the vegetable
Specialists in baby food put the pumpkin on a par with zucchini and cabbage broccoli, identifying them as important foods in the baby's diet. Vegetable stimulates the digestive system, it is well processed. The fibrous structure of the pumpkin prevents constipation in the baby. Add to these properties and other advantages:
- A large number of different vitamins. Group B, E, C, PP, K and other elements.
- Contains minerals: potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorus.
- Beneficial effect on bone and muscle structure, on the gastrointestinal tract and vision.
- Prevents the development of anemia.
- Improves sleep. Soothes the nervous system.
- Increases the body's resistance. Strengthens the immune system.
- Contains potassium salts needed for excellent cardiac and vascular function.
The list is quite extensive, but is the pumpkin so harmless and good? Whatever product is useful and tasty, its immense use promises us some trouble. Abundance of sweet causes caries and obesity, excess of acute in the diet threaten with a stomach ulcer or gastritis. Let's see if there are any side effects from the use of our sunny beauty.
How and how can a pumpkin harm?
Sweet, tasty, fragrant vegetable like all children, but you can not abuse it. Pumpkin contains as much carotene as carrots. Excess carotene leads to allergic reactions. It is dangerous for diabetics, as it is rich in carbohydrates and sugars. The red bbw is excluded from the diet of people suffering from stomach ulcers and duodenal ulcers.
Excessive portion will "please" you with the yellow color of the baby's skin. Frightened, you imagine that the crumb picked up the hepatitis and will survive a serious excitement before you learn about the culprit.
From what age do pumpkins feed?
The choice of foods for complementary foods is a responsible and well thought out solution. Pediatricians recommend starting with white vegetables and fruits, less likely to cause allergies. The orange color of the product serves as a natural signal, advising to add this vegetable to the baby's diet later. Cream on artificial feeding bright fruit is allowed to give from 5-6 months, and babies receiving only breast milk, it is added to food after 6-7 months. If, having eaten a pumpkin puree, your treasure responded to it with an allergy, exclude the vegetable from the menu for a month.
The first months the newborn receives the necessary substances from breast milk or a mixture. Introducing new products into the diet, adhere to certain rules:
- Give a new product during the second feeding. An unfamiliar product must be tested for the reaction of the body.
- The test portion of complementary foods should not be more than half a teaspoon. Gradually increase, bring it to 40 grams per day.
- If the novelty has caused an allergy, stop it. Try to give the dish again after a month.
- Heat the mashed potatoes from a jar in a water bath. The heating temperature is 37-40 degrees.
- Feed with a spoon. Add each new product at intervals of 2 weeks.
Remember that the pumpkin porridge turns out to be sweet. After having tasted the delicious food, the little woman starts to turn her mouth against porridge from tasteless zucchini or cauliflower. Try to alternate dishes, and do not rejoice that a child willingly eats an orange gruel. Remember the side effects of a sweet vegetable. In addition, foods from other vegetables are no less important for the body crumbs.
How to cook?
The only correct option is to cook mashed potatoes for babies. Gentle, with a homogeneous soft consistency, fragrant - it is ideal for complementary feeding at such a small age. If you want to save time on cooking, buy the product in a jar, but cook this vegetable easily and quickly. The main thing is to choose the right fruit: take a young one, weighing no more than 5 kg. The structure of the flesh is not very fibrous, juicy, it prepares quickly, it has a pleasant sweetish taste. Check that the fetus does not have dents and rotten areas, the tail should be dry.
Large, with strong skin, but prepared quickly and easily. Experienced housewives fry it, stew, make salads and soups. A wonderful taste is obtained in dishes where fruit and vegetable platter is used. As we make the lure of a small treasure, we will compile a table for the minutes of cooking. The figures are given for the fruit, previously peeled and cut into thin slices or cubes. How to prepare and how long it takes:
|cook for a couple||20-25 minutes|
|stew in the oven||20-30 minutes|
|stew in the microwave||5-7 minutes|
|in the multivariate||30-40 minutes,"Extinguishing" mode|
What can I cook from a pumpkin?
Culinary books offer a lot of varieties of dishes from pumpkins. Fried and stewed, with spices and spices, salted and mixed with other ingredients, it is good in any dish. However, such options are not suitable for us. To a small man a vegetable is cooked in a special way. We will teach you how to make a pumpkin for a child in the form of a mono-component puree and vegetable soup-puree.
A monocomponent dish is made from one product. Very simple, without salt and sugar, pumpkin puree is optimal for the first complementary foods. So you can check the reaction of the body crumbs to a new product and do not spend a lot of time cooking. In addition, it is possible to cook it even for the inexperienced mistress. For mashed potatoes we need a minimum of products:
- fresh pulp pulp - 100 grams;
- half a glass of filtered water.
The products are taken, we proceed to the process of cooking pumpkin for complementary foods. In advance, take out a small saucepan or a scoop, a sieve. Let's proceed:
- Remove the skin, remove the seeds, cut into small cubes, put it in a pan and fill it with water. We turn on a weak fire.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, checking that the pieces become soft. Then drain all the water and wipe the vegetable cubes through a sieve. Blender is best not to use. The device wipes vegetables well, but here it does not fit. Puree will turn out to be too fibrous, which is not suitable for an infant.
- Want to improve the taste of puree - add a spoon-two breast milk or a mixture.
Pumpkin soup with vegetables
After acquainting a 6-month-old baby with pumpkin puree, at 8-9 months, offer him a delicious soup from different vegetables. Take our version of our weapons. Prepare the products:
- pulp pulp - 50 grams;
- potatoes - 1 small piece;
- carrots - 30 grams;
- flesh of squash - 30 grams;
- broccoli cabbage - 30 grams;
- water - about ¼ cup;
- vegetable oil( refined) - ½ tsp.
Cooking in the usual way. First pretreatment, then boil. Start by:
- Clean the vegetables and rinse thoroughly. We cut it arbitrarily, with small cubes or slices. We put everything in a saucepan, pour water, and stew for 20-25 minutes.
- The remaining broth after extinguishing is not drained, it will give a soup-mashed tender consistency.
- Fill the soup with a blender( now you can use it).Thoroughly chop the stewed vegetables.
- Add to the resulting mass of a drop of vegetable oil. Soup is ready.
Dishes after 1 year
Your treasure is 1 year old. Boldly expand the diet and add a new menu of red vegetable. Casserole, granny's cereal, pumpkin patties - inexpensive, useful and, of course, delicious. A one-year-old baby will like them with a familiar sweetness and surprise with the novelty of taste sensations. By the way, such useful goodies you can regulate and other members of the family.
Mash millet with pumpkin
The recipe for porridge has long been known. Once it was everywhere brewed in the villages, insisting in stoves. The porridge turned out fragrant and delicate. Take the products so that they are enough for 4-5 servings. We need to take:
- millet croup - 2 cups;
- pumpkin( pulp) - 400 grams;
- milk - 700 ml;
- water - 700 ml;
- salt - tsp;
- sugar sand - art. L;
- butter - for filling when feeding.
Available for every family set. Perhaps you remember the original dish in your childhood, but many adults will also like it. How to cook:
- The pulp of the vegetable is cut and sent to a saucepan. We pour the water so that it only covers the pumpkin. Begin to simmer on a small fire for about 20 minutes.
- We go to fuming: it must be thoroughly rinsed to remove all the impurities. Drain the water more than once.
- Check for softness. If the vegetable has reached the necessary condition, it is necessary to soften it slightly with a tolstalker, but not to the state of mashed potatoes. Small pieces will only improve the taste of porridge.
- Fill the crushed pumpkin with milk and the rest of the water. Fall asleep washed flies.
- We bring everything to the boil, reduce the heat, continue to cook for 25-30 minutes, leaving the lid of the pot ajar. Solim and add the sugar a few minutes before shutdown.
- We wrap our saucepan with a warm towel with a porridge, let it stand for 15-20 minutes for the saturation of the taste.
- Serving porridge, do not forget to put a little butter in the plate.
Pumpkin casserole is a terrific dessert that fits both the everyday family table and a party for children. Unusual, sweet, with bright color and pleasant taste. What do we need for him:
- sliced pulp pulp - 350 grams;
- semolina - 2,5-3 tbsp;
- raw egg - 1 piece;
- powdered sugar - 3 tsp;
- raisins or dried apricots( pre-cut) - about 30 grams.
A casserole can be made in the oven, but if you have a steamer, you can take it. Let's do cooking:
- The red vegetable should be cut and boiled until soft. Beat in a blender to make a gentle mashed potatoes.
- We drive the egg in puree, pour the powdered sugar, mix everything.
- Take the manga and a thin trickle it into our mixture of pumpkin and egg. We knead it so that not a single lump remains. We fill up the cut dried apricots and raisins. We spread the form with paper for baking. Pour the mixture into the mold. If you want to serve casserole portionwise, pour into small molds.
- Bake in an oven or in a double boiler. The time for the oven is 25-40 minutes, the time for the steamer is 40-45 minutes.
You do not surprise anyone with vegetable cutlets. Mistresses mold them from carrots, beets, cauliflower. Serve with a different side dish or as a separate snack. We'll take our beauty. Set of products for cutlets:
- pulp pulp in large chunks - 500 grams;
- raw egg - 1 piece;
- cream 10 percent - 50 grams;
- cereals semolina - art. L;
- salt - to taste;
- breadcrumbs - 2 tbsp. L.
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = ZHH4sDZ2DzY
We now turn to forming cutlets. We take a grater and a saucepan or a deep frying pan. We will not fry the cutlets, since they are meant for one-year-old crumbs. Let's proceed:
- Rub the chopped pulp and squeeze the juice.
- We make a small fire, spread the grated vegetable in a pan or frying pan, stew for about 5 minutes. Add cream and squeezed juice.
- We shift the braised vegetable into a deep plate, salt, mix the egg and semolina.
- We make cutlets. We drop them in breadcrumbs, stew for a couple.
We store for the winter
The whole vegetable is stored for a long time, even if it is just placed under the bed or in the pantry. Cut, the pumpkin will quickly disappear in the refrigerator. How to keep it for winter? The best way is to freeze. We buy a ripe vegetable, remove the peel and seeds, wash it out, cut it into random cubes. We lay out the cubes on the board so that they do not come in contact. We send them to the freezer. Frozen cubes fall asleep in a plastic bag, we let out air from it, we tie it and put it again in the freezer.
There is a recipe for freezing not a piece of vegetable, but a ready-made mashed potatoes: you need to take a ripe fruit, a glass of brown sugar, 200 grams of cranberry, 1 liter of water, a little cloves to make the mashed potatoes fragrant.
- The fruit is mine, clean, cut.
- Take the enameled pot. Pour water into it. Water is mixed with sugar, we fall asleep a pumpkin.
- Stirring, wait, when the brew boils.
- Cranberries are washed and dried. Squeeze the juice, pour it into a saucepan.
- We continue cooking for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carnation add 3-5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Switch off, water is removed, we pass the mass through the blender.
- We spread our puree on sterilized jars, roll them up with covers. It remains only to freeze it.
We learned what a pumpkin is useful for. They found out when to introduce it into the lure. We learned how to make delicious dishes from it. We know how to save vegetables in the winter. Given that the orange beauty is loved by many, indulge in the health of their children and other household members useful and rich in vitamins product. Give it to your precious treasure, even if it grows happy, healthy, in love and joy.