The Internet is a global medium of communication that contains an unthinkable amount of information from around the world. It's hard to count how many terabytes of data! Therefore, often when using the network, there is a need to extract information from a foreign site. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to understand a foreign language, but do not despair. Modern technology allows you to instantly translate any text using several popular methods.
How to translate the page of the site in Russian in Yandex
There are many third-party websites offering the translation of texts on the Internet. But such a service is not always convenient when translating sites, because you have to open a new tab and copy the text, so most browsers have the functionality to perform translation on the spot. Yandex is gaining popularity and has a good functionality. To translate a page, open the site, after which the definition of the language on which the text is written will be made. In cases where the language is
- If the original language is defined correctly - click the "Translation into Russian" button.
- Otherwise, click on "Translation from another language".
- Close the panel by clicking on the cross.
Browser functionality translates pages from a variety of languages, from both English and Chinese. There are situations when at the opening of a foreign site the program does not issue a proposal for the transfer. Then study the browser's instructions for setting up the translation function:
- Go to the settings and open the "Advanced settings" menu.
- In the "Language" menu, check the "Offer page translation" option.
If you turned off this function on the contrary, and suddenly you needed to make a translation, just right click and choose "Translate to Russian".Yandex options easily translate specific words and phrases. To do this, select the desired word and press the Shift key. To translate a piece of text, select the desired paragraph or sentence, phrase, and then click on the appeared tag.
Web page translation in Firefox browser
There is no built-in translator in Mazil, but there are several third-party modifications that add the necessary function:
- S3.GOOGLE - a link that connects to the browser for the convenience of studying foreign portals. After installing the plugin, the shortcut will appear at the top of the panel. To translate the site, right click and click "Translate page" or use "alt-shift-S" hotkeys. The translation will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Another convenient plugin is IMTRANSLATOR.After installation, select a part of the text by clicking the right mouse button and select the option "ImTranslator".Translation is placed in a separate window, which is convenient to move around the desktop. For the convenience of users, the plug-in functionality is equipped with hot keys alt-P.
- GOOGLE TOOLBAR - extension is a toolbar from Google. In addition to translation options, there is another functionality from the largest search engine, including advanced search on the Internet. The translator works simply: when you move the cursor to a foreign text, you are promptly offered a translation.
How to translate a web page in the Opera
Opera, like Mazila, does not contain a built-in translator. The problem is solved by installing third-party plug-ins. In order to install the add-on, perform the following steps( we'll take a look at the example of the Google Translate plugin, preloading):
- Open Opera.
- Click on the shortcut to the browser.
- Go to the "Choose a plug-in" menu.
- In the list, select the desired add-on.
- Click "Add to Opera".
- Exit the browser, restart again.
If the add-in is installed correctly, then its icon will appear after the address line. The most popular third-party translators for Opera are Google Translate, Translator, PageTranslator. The specified translators work in the same way: selecting the desired passage, click on the translation button, and after a couple of seconds we get the finished text in the window under the page. In addition, there is another way to translate texts using scripts. The installation of the script is described in the example of a script from Google:
- Download the file google-translate.js.
- Close the browser and start it again. A special button for translation will be created.
Automatic translation of the online page into Russian into Google
Using third-party plug-ins and sites-translators is extremely inconvenient process, as the user has a need to open new windows. Therefore, the developers of Google introduced a "native" translator, abandoning third-party tools. Google Chrome does not translate, perhaps, only the rarest languages, while providing a lightning-fast translation of most of the world's languages.
In cases where the data you need is placed on portals with a language that you do not understand, you can quickly and easily translate it. To do the automatic translation, follow the instructions:
- by finding the required text, click on the translator's label;
- in the appeared menu, click "Translate";
- the text will be automatically translated, thus the initial registration will be kept.
The program itself determines the language of the original for later work. In order to implement the reverse procedure, that is, to return the text to its original form, the following instruction will help you.
- go to the page with the desired text;
- by clicking on the translator's shortcut at the address bar, click "show original".
To perform the configuration( for example, enabling or disabling) of the built-in interpreter, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the shortcut.
- Open the "Settings" and there open the "Advanced settings" menu.
- In the "Languages" menu, tick( or remove it) from the "Offer translation" option when the language of the page differs from the language of the browser.