- 1. Composition of the preparation
- 2. Ointment or cream - which is better?
- 3. Recommendations for use
- 4. How to treat an allergic rash on the face?
- 5. Rashes caused by diathesis
- 6. A more serious problem is atopic dermatitis
- 7. Hormonal "blooming"
- 8. Pallor and intertrigo - how to deal with them?
- 9. Is there any danger to the child?
- 10. How to apply correctly?
- 11. Can I buy medicine cheaper?
- 12. Brief description of
- analogues 13. Summary
Skin is one of the most important organs of the human body. It is she who protects the body from the influence of the environment, which is far from always favorable, and skin diseases create the danger of penetration of harmful microorganisms into the body.
The skin of a baby up to a year is still very tender, it is difficult for it to cope with an aggressive external environment. She actively reacts to any effect: sweating and othe
The composition of the preparation
Bepanten is available as an ointment and cream. The active substance is provitamin B5( dexpanthenol), the composition of the remedy also includes auxiliary substances.
- promotes hardening of collagen fibers;
- activates cell division;
- improves metabolism.
The drug also contains:
- DL Pantolactone - antiseptic and weak preservative;
- isopropyl myristate - emollient softener;
- Phenoxyethanol - antiseptic;
- cetyl alcohol, produced from coconut and palm oils, with a disinfectant and hemostatic effect;
- stearyl alcohol, produced from coconut and palm oils, is used to give the medium the necessary structure;
- lanolin - wax, a product of sheep wool digestion;
- synthetic potassium thickener cetyl phosphate;
- propylene glycol - promotes water retention;
The emergence of the danger of developing a skin infection is an indication for the use of Bepanten plus cream, which includes chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, which has pronounced bactericidal properties. It persists on the body for a long time, preventing the spread of infection.
Ointment or cream - which is better?
Bepanten is available in the form of a cream and ointment, as well as a lotion. The first 2 forms of release are considered preferable in the care of the baby's skin; for medical purposes, Bapanten plus is often prescribed. Cream and ointment are slightly different in composition:
- The ointment contains almond oil and beeswax, the amount of lanolin is greater than in the cream. In addition, it contains no phenoxyethanol.
- The consistency of these forms of the drug is also different: the cream is more light. Ointment is much thicker, it is more difficult to spread over the skin, it forms a thick layer.
- Light cream is absorbed more easily, ointment is better suited for creating a protective film.
- Ointment is good for dry damage, it is suitable for applying bandages. The cream is easily absorbed, therefore under the bandage it is not good, but the sore sores should be lubricated with a gentle cream.
- Ointment is more effective when used for medicinal purposes, and the cream is more suitable for daily care.
Recommendations for use
Bepanten for newborns is prescribed:
- as a preventative for peeling, dryness, cracking of skin;
- for the treatment of damaged areas: scratches, irritations, redness.
Ointment is used for medicinal purposes:
- when there is a crack on dry skin in a newborn;
- when diaper rash occurs;
- to accelerate the healing of scratches, burns, irritations, diaper and atopic dermatitis, reducing allergic reactions.
The lotion has a lower concentration of active ingredient, it is indicated as a skin care product after sunbathing and water procedures. The lotion helps to eliminate skin lesions resulting from light therapy or ultraviolet irradiation.
How to treat an allergic rash on the face?
Allergic rashes on the cheeks and chin occur in newborns very often, so the protective reaction of the immune system of the baby manifests itself on an unfavorable external environment. The rash on the face worries the child, interferes with normal sleep, but the problem is not only this. An allergic rash signals a malfunction in the body. Most often such a rash occurs due to exposure:
- of the sun;
- dust mites, mold or fungus;
- reactions to food;
- reactions to washing powders, synthetic or woolen fabrics;
- insect bites.
Allergy should be treated, first eliminating the cause of its occurrence, and Bepanten will help cope with itching and irritation. To remove symptoms and eliminate rashes, you should apply the skin of the baby twice a day.
https: //www.youtube.com/ watch? V = eOujawajdCI
Eruptions caused by diathesis
Diathesis is the same allergy, but it is associated with the underdevelopment of the digestive system. This problem is especially childish. Treatment consists primarily in identifying and excluding from the diet products that cause diathesis. The drug will help eliminate the itching, accelerate the healing of damaged skin areas, but its effect will only complement the set of measures associated with eliminating the causes of diathesis.
More serious problem - atopic dermatitis
Dermatitis is an inflammatory process on the skin caused by various causes. Atopic dermatitis occurs as an allergic reaction in the genetic predisposition of the infant to this disease. To quickly restore the skin and eliminate itching, children are often prescribed hormones, but their use seems unsafe. Many mothers are afraid of the harmful effects of hormones on the baby's body. The replacement of hormonal drugs for allergies can serve as Bepanten, if it is impossible to completely abandon hormonal drugs, it will prove to be a successful supplement that facilitates the rapid removal of symptoms.
Hormonal rash is common in infants in the first months of life, it is not associated with allergy or diathesis. The rash does not only cover the face and neck, but also the entire head of the baby. The process is associated with the release of the body from the mother hormones, the formation of its own hormonal background. Among other reasons, it should be noted the formation of normal microflora on the skin of the child and the active work of the sebaceous glands. An experienced doctor will easily distinguish this rash from allergic - as a rule, it passes itself weeks through 3. The use of a cream or ointment in this case will not help, although there are no contraindications for their use with hormonal flowering.
. Sweat and diaper rash - how to deal with them?
The delicate soft skin of the baby reacts to any violation of sanitary and hygienic conditions. Long stay in a wet diaper immediately causes a sweat, and in the folds, diaper rash, diaper dandruff is possible. Such a reaction can also be caused by an excessive wrapping of the baby. Bepanten - this is just a means that will successfully deal with the problem that has arisen. Ointment will help to heal the damage, and regular use of the cream will prevent their appearance, but to avoid sweating, it is better to regularly arrange baby air baths.
Is there any danger to the child?
Practice shows that in most cases Bepanten is well tolerated by children, but he himself can cause allergies. The reaction is possible on the components that make up the drug, when it occurs, the drug should not be used.
Application is contraindicated also:
- for lubricating the auricles, treating the inflammation of the skin of the auricle;
- in the presence of deep wounds, especially accompanied by contamination.
Apply the product in the absence of reaction to its constituent components until the full restoration of the damaged skin area. Preventive use of the drug may also not be limited in time, but it is necessary to consult a doctor before using this medication.
. How correctly to apply?
The method of use depends on the nature of the damage. Minor damage is applied 2 times a day, applying a thin layer of Bepanthene, for preventive purposes, the face of the child is lubricated with the drug before going to the cold. The leprosy is treated by rinsing and applying a thin layer of the preparation to the cleansed and dry skin. Doing this is desirable every time you change a diaper.
The nipples should be washed after feeding, then apply the ointment on the cracks with a thin layer. Before the beginning of the next feeding, it is recommended to remove the surplus product with a clean cloth.
The drug can be used on its own, without the appointment of a doctor, but in some cases it is dangerous to do so and medical advice is needed. It is not necessary to initiate treatment alone if:
- wound is large and accompanied by contamination;
- application of the drug does not lead to improvement of the skin condition, and also in the event that deterioration occurs;
- skin defects are observed against a background of fever and are accompanied by other painful symptoms.
Can I buy medicine cheaper?
There are analogues of Bepanten, produced in different countries: