- 1. Features of Toddler's Skin
- 2. The main causes of scaling in a child
- 3. Basic rules of hygiene and care
- 4. How to prevent diaper rash?
When the baby is still in the womb, it is covered with a gray, viscous slimy substance. It is called original grease, and its purpose is to protect the baby, and then - to facilitate the passage through the birth canal. In the first days after birth, the crumb is still covered with this substance, which does not look so aesthetic, but after a couple of days the lubricant is completely absorbed.
Pediatricians believe that it is not possible to wash out the grease especially - the skin of the newborn adapts to the new environment, because now the baby is not in the amniotic fluid, but in the fresh air. Also, grease prevents dryness. So, what should be the care of the skin of the newborn?
Features of the skin of a baby
When a child is in the tummy, it is com
Especially strongly the skin is shelled on the feet, chest and stomach. With a gradual adaptation to the environment, sweat glands are activated, and it becomes more adapted to temperature changes, so that the skin of your newborn in the first month is scaly - absolutely normal.
The second feature of the baby's skin is the inability to maintain the same body temperature. Did you notice that all the kids are very tightly wrapped during walks? This observation was transmitted by generations - the children freeze very quickly - hence the desire to put more clothes on them. On the surface areas, the vessels expand in some places, while in others they spasmodize, so the marble pattern appears on the baby's skin. In this case, the skin of any newborn can very quickly overheat.
The main causes of scaling in a child
Peeling in infants appears for various reasons. Here are some of them:
- Excessive air dryness. The optimum moisture level for a baby is 55-70%.In such conditions, your newborn's skin will feel comfortable, and the baby will not always want to drink. To measure the moisture level, get a hydrometer. This compact, convenient and easy-to-use device, which can be located near the baby's crib. If moisture is not enough, and the skin on your baby's body is still dry and peel off - put an air humidifier. In winter, the hydrometer should be applied necessarily, because the heating will further dry the air in the apartment, making the baby's dry and skin. On the health of children, this is reflected very negatively - not only does the skin of the newborn get scaly - the child becomes weakened, and therefore more susceptible to the penetration of viruses due to the fact that the nasopharynx misses more germs.
- Wrong care. Earlier pediatricians said that newborns should be bathed in a bath with potassium permanganate until the umbilical wound healed. Today, this way of hygiene is considered erroneous, because manganese dries the skin very much. It is better to bathe the baby in boiled water without any additives. Shampoo, soap and other products for children should not be used more than once a week. Pay attention to how the skin of the newborn reacts to water procedures - if your newborn's skin is dry, peeling or blushing, this may mean an allergy to the means of care. In this case, it is better to replace soap and shampoo with another remedy.
- Natural factors. The skin of some newborns strongly peels off the wind and sun. This is reminiscent of what happens to the hands from a strong wind - there is dryness and scaling. It is better to protect your crumb and from the sun - with the help of a visor from the stroller.
The basic rules of hygiene and care
The most important thing is careful skin care for your newborn.
In the first months, the skin is very sensitive to any external negative factors, so it is important to follow several basic rules for caring for it:
- The umbilical wound of a newborn is treated twice a day until completely healed.
- Hygiene. Keep your newborn's skin clean, especially in the fold area. Every 4 hours, change the diaper, as well as immediately after the act of defecation. Wash the child with warm running water after the toilet, use wet wipes only if there is no warm water nearby. Add to the water potassium permanganate for daily bathing can be in very small quantities - the water should have a faint pink color.
- Do not use a lot of hygiene products for children. In the soap, there should be no allergenic fragrances.
- Baby cream choose on a water basis. Oily creams are suitable only for severe colds and are applied right before going out to the street. Oils and cream, apply to parts of the body that are most exposed to the sun and wind: face, hands. Too much moisturizer on the area of natural folds can not be applied - it can cause diaper rash, and the skin will peel off.
If you comply with these basic rules of hygiene, your baby's skin will be less flaky, since it is natural to eliminate negative causes. If you neglect care - you can cause unpleasant skin diseases.
How to prevent intertrigo?
If your newborn's skin is pricked or there are diaper rash, you must follow several rules:
- Take a bath in between swaddles. Their minimum duration is 2 minutes, then a little longer.
- Choose underwear only from natural fabrics. Best of all - cotton material. Seams must be on the outside.
- In the heat it is necessary to use powder, so that there is no diaper rash.
- Once again, "to bite" the baby is not necessary - let's breathe the pores.
- Hygiene of the kid includes obligatory nail cutting on the hands every 4-5 days and on legs once a week. Wear protective gloves.
- Look after your face with a cotton pad. Wet them with warm water and rub the baby's skin twice a day. The sequence is as follows: lips-cheeks-nasolabial-chin. Then change the discs and again wipe your eyes, forehead, nose and nose. Keep an eye on the hygiene of the ear flaps - if the skin of the newborn there is oblazy, lubricate these parts with a baby cream.
- The washing of the baby's hair should be combined with a special care of the scalp - if scaly crusts form in the parietal region - do not let the child scratch them, otherwise abrasions are formed( we recommend reading: how to remove crusts on the head of a baby?).Before bathing, oil this place with vegetable oil or oil based on petroleum jelly, and in the process of bathing, when the crusts are soaked, simply rinse them with a sponge.
Many stores sell a lot of money, but they should be bought only in the pharmacy. This is protection against the acquisition of counterfeit products, which can only do harm.
https: //youtu.be/ c6SF57w7sTA