An indicator that indicates the degree of increase in blood sugar, depending on what product was used, is called the glycemic index. With this in mind, it is easy to determine which food will be uniformly converted into energy, and other types of food with carbohydrates and a high level of GI, which are deposited as fats. In order to quickly lose weight, be constantly in shape and eat properly, it is worth considering the glycemic index of each product. Consider this value for different types of food and give the best recipes for food with a low rate.
What is the glycemic index?
The conventionally designated GI parameter indicates the rate of decomposition of the carbohydrate-containing product in the human body as compared to such a characteristic of glucose cleavage. Between these indicators there is a direct dependence. This means that the faster the product splits in the body, the higher its glycemic index value. Given these data, nutritionists divide all food into 3 categories: high, medi
If a person wants to lose weight, then he is recommended several weeks to eat foods with a minimal glycemic index. After passing this stage, the diet is allowed to include food with an average GI.Food with a high level of glycemic index is not recommended for use by almost all people, not just those who want to lose weight. Some types of such food are considered unhealthy and can adversely affect the general condition of the body.
What does the GM product depend on?
Products with a low glycemic index are called complex( slow carbohydrates, consisting of starch), and with high GI - fast( empty carbohydrates).All food products are divided into 4 families: cereals, legumes, fruits, tubers. That the starch from these products is digested by intestinal walls, it is converted into glucose. This occurs with the help of the digestive enzyme amylase. The following factors influence the glycemic index of a product:
- The ratio of amylose to amylopectin. Grains of starch, when combined with a liquid, swell, resulting in a viscous mixture. The more amylose in the product, the less it gelatinizes and little glucose forms during decay. In this case, the glycemic index will be low.
- The type of food processing( mechanical, thermal).When heated in water, the glycemic index increases, this visually reflects the viscosity of the food.
- Retrogradation( reverse process by gelling).If the product reduces viscosity, temperature and moisture content, the glycemic index will decrease. But it should be understood that it is impossible to completely reverse the gelling process.
- Presence in food of proteins, dietary fibers. If these elements are present in the products, they can reduce the breakdown of starches and reduce the glycemic index.
- The degree of maturity of products, their shelf life. The more ripe the vegetable, the fruit, the more its glycemic index. In the long-term storage of products, their GI will also increase.
Diets based on the glycemic index
The essence of the diet is to replace simple carbohydrates in the diet with complex ones. So, food will be slowly absorbed by the body, for a long time to saturate it with nutrients, and jumps of sugar in the blood will be absent. Such a diet based on the glycemic index was previously developed for diabetics, but with its help people manage to easily lose weight and come to the desired forms. Consider the basic rules of the daily diet:
- To consume foods only those whose glycemic index is low.
- Portions of food should be small.
- When fixing the results, it is allowed to eat foods with an average glycemic index, but must limit themselves in: sugar, honey, baking, potatoes, rice, corn, bananas.
- Do not cook or fry food for long, eat fresh foods.
Recipes of dishes
- Vegetable soup with a low glycemic index. In a container of boiling water( 2 liters), discard washed, fresh, soft peas and leave for 10 minutes. Add chopped onions, peppers, cabbage, broccoli. After all the ingredients have boiled for 1-2 minutes, add finely chopped tomato with olive oil, salt, a little bit of sweet pepper, a bay leaf and lots of greens.
- Baked fish with low glycemic index. Clean medium-sized, low-fat mackerel, remove the head. Inside the fish, put the chopped onion, tomato and lemon wedges. Top the dish with salt, pour lime juice. Bake in the oven, pre-wrapped in foil, about 20-30 minutes at medium temperatures. Seafood salad with a low glycemic index. Boil the shrimp, squid, quail eggs. All clear, cut into small pieces, add chopped cabbage, tomatoes. After the salad is salted and dressed with sunflower oil, it is ready for use. Bon Appetit!
Reviews on the effectiveness of the diet
Irina, 23 years: "A diet in the base of which products with a low glycemic index, my mother advised me. I ate only 2 weeks with food that is in the 1st group with the smallest GI.Then about 3 weeks in my diet were already products with an average glycemic index. In the end, I lost 5 kg of excess weight without any special efforts. Now I support the same food, because it is also very tasty. "
Natalia, 45 years old: "During my life I tried a lot of diets. Many of them were effective, after I finished they lost kilograms, but after a while I dialed again. After a diet based on nutrition with products with a low glycemic index, it was possible to lose 6 kg in 3 weeks. But the most positive thing is that over the next 2 months I dropped another 5 kg, eating food with an average GI level. "
Victor, 38 years old."When I was 35 years old, I decided to radically change my appearance, because I did not like my weight - 95 kg with a height of 178 cm. During the year I ate only products with an average GI level, as a result: 74 kg, beautiful physique and well-being. However, I supplemented the diet with exercise in the gym. My way to lose weight on the basis of the glycemic index is used by the spouse. "
Table of products with the indication of the glycemic index
Each person can prepare himself a diet for several weeks or months, for this it is worth looking at the table of products with a low and medium glycemic index. It is also necessary to take into account cooking rules and factors that can increase GI.We present tables with the corresponding values of the glycemic index of popular products.
List of products with high GI( from 70 and above)
|White bread toasts||100|
|substitute buns fresh buns||95|
|Fried in butter potatoes||95|
|Potato gratin in||95|
|oven baked potatoes in a pan||95|
|Boiled rice noodles||92|
|White rice, round||90|
|gluten-free white bread||90|
|Unsweetened popcorn without salt||85|
|Rice milk pudding in||85|
|Carrot( poached or braised)||85|
|Cornflakes without glaze||85|
|Muesli with nuts and raisins||80|
|Rice porridge on milk||75|
|Soft wheat lasagna||75|
|Chocolate bar( Bounty, Twix, Snickers, others)||70|
|Croissant with chocolate||70|
|Potato chips with salt||70|
Products with an average GOP( 50 to 69)
|Cranberries( fresh, frozen)||47|
|Grapefruit juice( without sugar)||45|
|Brown basmati rice, boiled||45|
|Canned green peas, purchased||45|
|Toast from whole grain bread||45|
|Orange fresh without sugar||45|
|Whole-breakfast breakfasts in ready-made form( withoutUse of sugar, honey)||43|
|Carrot juice( without sugar)||40|
|Pasta cooked by al dente||40|
|Wild( black) rice, boiled||35|
|meat and beans, stew||35|
|Fresh green peas||35|
|Chinese noodles and vermicelli||35|
|Low fat yogurt||35|
|Soy sauce( withoutAdding sugar)||35|
|Ice-cream lean on the basis of fructose||35|
|Compote( without sugar)||34|
|Soy milk without sugar||30|
|Green string beans||30|
|Fresh carrot any sort||30|
|Pear fresh any sort||30|
|jam( no sugar added)||30|
|Cottage cheese low fat home||30|
|Blueberries, Blueberry, lingonberry||30|
|Bitter chocolate( more than 70% cocoa)||30|
|Milk( any fat content) home||30|
|mung bean big||25|
|Soy premium flour||25|
|gooseberries fresh, ripe||25|
|Pumpkin seeds raw||25|
|Artichoke boiled Peanut butter( no sugar added)||20|
|Soy yogurt home||20|
|Cabbages white or blue||15|
|Brussels sprouts fresh||15|
|Cucumber fresh homemade||15|
|hazelnuts, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts||15|
|Pickled or pickled cucumbers||15|
|Tofu( bean curd)||15|
|Spinach Avocado Fresh||10|
|Parsley, basil, cinnamon, oregano, vanilla||5|
|index of wheat flour of first grade||69|
|Fresh pineapple without midway||66|
|Orange juice, freshly squeezed||65|
|Black purchase leavened bread||65|
|Beetroot( boiled or stewed)||65|
|Muesli cooked with sugar||65|
|Raisins from any grape variety||65|
|Canned pineapple with sugar||65|
|magazine Rye bread||65|
|Wholegrain bread shoplifter||65|
|potatoes, boiled in their skins withsalt||65|
|Canned vegetables straight ambassador||65|
|sweet potato( sweet potato)||65|
|cooked pasta with cheese||64|
|pancakes made from wheat flour and eggs||62|
|Dlinnozernovoy white rice||60|
|Oatmeal with butter||60|
|Cocoapowder( with sugar)||60|
|sweet canned corn with sugar||57|
|Grape juice( without sugar)||55|
|Canned peaches with sugar||55|
|Cranberry juice( without sugar)||50|
|Basmati rice cooked||50|
|pineapple juice without||50|
|Kiwi sugar fresh||50|
|Brown brown rice, boiled||50|
|Applejuice( without sugar)||50|