The Georgian cuisine has a huge number of delicious dishes, and many of them have gained immense popularity in other countries. Special attention deserves hinkali - bags of dough with minced meat and broth inside. They can be purchased at the store by a semi-finished product or made at home. Read how and how much they should be cooked.
How to prepare khinkali
The whole process consists of four basic steps: mixing the dough, processing the products for the filling, forming the products and their heat treatment. Preparing khinkali is not the easiest thing to do, so you should remember some useful recommendations on the recipe for this delicious and delicate dish:
- The dough is made from flour, with the addition of water and salt. Eggs in the composition of the recipe do not put, so that the mass is denser and more elastic.
- Chopped meat is used for filling( it should be finely chopped) or minced meat, passed through a meat grinder. It can consist of beef, pork, mutton, chicken. Be sure to add ingredients such as onions, water or broth.
- Sometimes stuffing is made with vegetable, mushroom or sweet with the addition of raisins, dried apricots, nuts.
- In minced meat according to the recipe to improve the taste, you must add more chopped green herbs: parsley, dill, cilantro, spinach.
- It is very important to use the right bouquet of spices. The unique flavor of the dish is given by zira, garlic, ground black pepper and peas, mint, coriander, basil.
- Hinkali needs to be sculpted correctly. From the dough layer, rolled out a couple of millimeters thick, cut out circles with a diameter of 10-13 cm. In the middle of each of them lay minced meat. Then creases are formed from the edges. Then they must be collected by a bag, wrapped and tucked.
- If you decide to boil the billets not in pairs, but in water, pour it well to make them tasty.
- Traditionally, the dish is eaten by hands. A bag is taken for the tail and bites. First, drink a rich meat juice, which appeared inside, and then eat minced meat and dough.
- To ensure that the workpiece does not stick together when cooking, the container you are going to use for cooking must be treated with oil. Another recommended in boiling boiling water to add a teaspoon of cold water.
- Serve a dish with tomato or sour cream sauce, butter.
There are several ways how to cook khinkali:
- steam processing( multivarker, steamer);
- in boiling water( pan, microwave).
Kinkali in the multivariate
This method of preparation refers to the list of the simplest. Khinkali in a multivarquet for a couple cook as follows:
- Pour 500 to 700 ml of water into the device's container( 100 ml per one piece).
- Grate the steaming mash with creamy or lean oil. Place it on the bowl.
- Lay out the bags so that they do not touch each other.
- Set the steam cooking function. Cook for half an hour with the lid closed.
Kinkali on pair
With this method of cooking, the dough turns out to be more dense. How to cook khinkali in a double boiler:
- Fill the vessel with water to the maximum level.
- Treat the bottom of the steamer with oil. Place the workpieces on it so that there is a free space between them.
- Place the bowl on the appliance and cook the dish for 20-25 minutes.
In the absence of a double boiler you can cook the pouches for a couple and using a pan:
- Take a sieve of the same diameter with it. Fill the pan with water for three quarters of the volume. Boil it.
- Place the blanks on a sieve, place on a saucepan. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
Kinkali in the microwave
The fastest way. How to cook khinkali in a microwave oven:
- In a deep dish, suitable for a microwave oven, lay out the blanks( 5-6 pieces).
- Pour 0.25 liters of cool water, add salt, spices. Cover the container.
- At the highest power, cook for 10-12 minutes.
How to cook khinkali in a saucepan
In the absence of kitchen appliances such as a multivar, steamer or microwave oven, you can still cook this dish. How to boil khinkali in water:
- Choose a saucepan wider. Before you start cooking khinkali, boil a large amount of water, salt.
- Make a funnel and put the workpiece in there.
- The second way: hold the pouch by the tail and drive along the water to make the dough. Release after five seconds.
- The third method: lower the workpiece of the young, quickly untwisting her hand for the tail.
- The bags must be placed in one layer so that they do not stick together.
- Water should boil strongly, do not cover the pan with a lid.
- When the blanks are completely welded, they will turn over their tails and pop up. As a rule, this takes from 13 to 15 minutes.
How much to cook khinkali
This is a very important question, because without knowing the answer to it, you can get a damp or prepared dish. The cooking time of khinkali depends on a number of parameters: their size, the filling chosen by you, the way of cooking. It is also important that you have the following stuff: fresh or frozen. How many are cooking khinkali on time? Taking into account all the above factors, the process takes from 10 minutes.up to half an hour.
How much to cook khinkali frozen
You can make a lot of blanks and some of them put in the refrigerator for storage. At the same time, remember that you can not unfreeze them more than once, so take out of the camera exactly the number of pieces that you can eat at a time. How much to cook khinkali frozen after boiling? Two or three minutes more than fresh. In the microwave, for example, they prepare almost a quarter of an hour.
How much should you cook khinkali in a saucepan of
? If you just made the blanks, then they will take less time to process them. This is due to the fact that all products will be at room temperature. How long did the khinkali cook in the water? This process, depending on the filling, takes from five to fifteen minutes. On average, they need to boil for about 7-8 minutes.from the moment it floats to the surface. If the filling is raw ground meat, then prepare the dish for at least a quarter of an hour.
How many brewed khinkali purchased
This product is sold frozen and cooked the same. How much to cook shop khinkali? As in the case of domestic, but frozen, take 12-15 minutes to prepare. Sometimes in purchased products a little more dough than necessary, so they can stay inside damp.if you do not want to spoil the whole lot, then before you weld khinkali, try to process one piece. Then you will understand how to proceed.