- 1. What should I look for?
- 2. Is the child ready?
- 3. How to wean?
- 4. What can you expect?
Over time, you have to transfer the baby from the mixture to the usual food. At some point, parents are thinking: how to wean the child from the bottle and replace the nipple with a cup and a plate? The bottle is convenient, especially if you need night feedings, but eating from adult dishes is one of the stages of development of crumbs.
What should I look for?
How to understand at what age it is time to throw a bottle? Some focus on the surrounding children and their achievements or on the development criteria from magazines and books. It is better to take into account the individual needs of your child. If a neighbor's baby has stopped eating from a bottle in 9 months, this is no reason to demand the same from his child.
How to wean a child from a mixture? The question comes before moms, if you plan a long trip: on the road it is extremely di
Is the child ready?
There is no specific recommendation at what age to wean the child from the nipple. Moms who are around the clock with their babies usually feel when it's time. All children can be different, but more often the transition takes place in 12-18 months. There are several signs of readiness for the crumbs:
- The child is well seated and able to hold a spoon or cup in his hand. This moment comes closer to 1 year.
- In addition to receiving nutrition, the baby sucks the nervous system by sucking. It is advisable not to take the bottle, until the little one learns to remove the tension by another way - basically it happens to 2 years. A grown-up kid can have night feeding from a bottle, but only when there is a need. For example, the famous pediatrician Komarovsky advises to stop feeding crumbs at night after a year.
- Excellent, if the child himself reaches out to the spoon or asks to drink from the cup. In this case, it remains to support the initiative.
How to wean?
First attempts may fail. You need to be patient. Several ways to wean:
- It's important to choose the right time: if there are important changes in the life of the child, or if important changes should occur, do not aggravate the situation. For example, if the crumb has recently recovered, the family moved to a new location, the father and mother divorced, and so on. Changes in the child's habitual world are reflected on the nervous system, and sucking helps to calm down.
- Try to resort less often to the bottle: first do not take a walk, and then with a meal to offer a cup. It is more difficult to wean from night feeding - you can try instead of feeding, shaking on your hands, singing a lullaby, giving water from a cup.
- It is necessary to allocate for the child personal utensils, she should like crumbs, but not to distract his attention from food. If the kid wants to use another item( for example, a mother's spoon or cup), you do not need to forbid it.
- You can go for the trick: in a cup to pour the usual drink, and in a bottle - diluted with water or less sweet.
- Many children are helped by a cup-drinker, which looks like a bottle, but it is necessary to drink from it in an adult way.
- Children love to drink with the help of cocktail tubes. You can replace the nipple with a straw. The crumb will be more interesting if you let yourself choose the tube yourself.
- The following method is widely used for parting with a pacifier, but it is also suitable for a bottle. To persuade the crumb to voluntarily donate a bottle to the younger child. To do this, you need to beautifully pack the "gift" and give it to the parents of the baby. In this case, the child should be praised for his generosity and give a reciprocal present, so that the baby could easily bear the loss. Unfortunately, this method is not suitable for children who do not like to share their things.
- After 2 years it is worth trying a replacement for a night bottle with a mixture of sleep with a soft toy. Show how nice to hug a teddy friend.
- Give an example of a brother, sister, father, friends who do not drink from a bottle. Acquire all households the same cups.
What can you expect?
In the first days of weaning from a bottle, a child can cry, be capricious, demand a pacifier. You can not immediately give up, you should wait a few days - in this case, there is no quick result. Most likely, the baby will get used to eating and drinking as big. If he refuses to eat or constantly cries, it's worth while to wait, maybe the child is now worried about something. After 3-4 weeks, you can return to the process of weaning. The children are very changeable: today they scream off the cup from themselves, and tomorrow they will ask for beautiful dishes and adult food instead of a bitten bottle with a mixture.
You can not shame the child, especially with outsiders. Thus, it is possible to develop complexes in crumbs and add to it cause for concern, which will complicate the process of weaning. Try to distract the crumb with interesting activities, walks. You can not drink from a bottle when you are a baby, so as not to tease. The sequence of actions, patience - and success is guaranteed!