Often the cause of itching, inflammation or flaking of the scalp, as well as hair loss is the fungus. The doctor even at a primary examination will be able to understand about the acquired fungal infection, which is now successfully treated. The main prevention of head fungus is personal hygiene.
Fungal diseases of the scalp
The body defenseless against fungi is made by viruses and bacteria that penetrate it against the background of weakened immunity. Itching, dandruff, redness and unpleasant smell of the scalp are observed, as a rule, after not following the rules of hygiene, using other people's headgear or combs. Although the fungus of the scalp is not considered a dangerous disease for a person, it can greatly spoil the life of its owner.
The main pathogens of fungal infection are fungi, which are highly infectious( contagious).Microorganisms that fall on the scalp and cause unpleasant symptoms are divided into four types:
- Microsporia. Infectious infection transmitted through pets. After infection, the scalp becomes red, covered with vesicles, then foci appear in which the hair is pulled and broken.
- Trichophoria. With this pathology, which is transmitted with an infected person, the skin is scaly in a variety of places, hair falls out, and on the head black dots are formed instead of them.
- Trichophytosis. Infection is transmitted by animals. On the head in the place of hair loss, blue or red mounds form. The diameter of some reaches 8 cm.
- Favus. Chronic form of the fungus of the scalp. It affects all people who wear wigs or dense headdresses. When the favus skin is painted in a bright yellow hue, and the hair falls out.
The etiology of the fungus is due to external and internal factors. A special role in the development of pathogenic fungi is played by factors such as circulatory disorders, impaired metabolism, hormonal imbalance, chronic infections, abnormal sweating or dysbiosis. To trigger inflammation of the scalp, provoking causes are necessary, among which bad ecology, overheating or hypothermia, long-term exposure to ultraviolet light and non-observance of personal hygiene rules.
Hair in norm have a characteristic shine and a smooth structure. If there are tarnishing, roughness, itching of the head, it is worthwhile to worry, because these are the first symptoms of activation of the pathogenic microflora. Any kind of fungus of the scalp( mycosis) has the same manifestations:
- vesicles and crusts on the edge of the affected area;
- is a round shape of the fungus with a pinkish-red hue and clear scaly boundaries;
- loss, dullness, brittle hair;
- dandruff on the head( large amount).
Treatment of the scalp occurs after the diagnosis of the fungus and differentiation of the type of pathogen. Diagnosis is carried out based on the results of laboratory tests of skin flakes and the structure of broken hairs. They are investigated with the help of a Wood lamp( luminescent), which gives a different glow for different kinds of fungi. If more accurate analyzes are needed, then culture and biological seeding of scales and flaky skin is carried out.
Than to treat a fungus
To get rid of a fungal infection on the skin, you need to eliminate the pathogen, remove the damaged areas, conduct symptomatic therapy. Cured fungus can be external means( shampoos, cream, ointments), systemic drugs( tablets), folk remedies. Standard curative scheme: shaving the hair around the lesion( if necessary), treating the area with external means, taking medications, with purulent crusts, compresses with antimicrobials are applied.
Anti-fungal ointment for skin
Ointments have a significant and absolutely safe action for health, because they are used only at the site of inflammation. Their active substances do not spread throughout the body and do not penetrate deep into the body. Among a variety of external antifungal agents, the following ointments are especially effective against fungi:
- Lamisyl. It is used for skin lesions caused by all mycosis infections. The advantage of the drug is affordable cost, a wide range of actions.
- Exifin. Effective in the treatment of the affected upper layers of the epidermis.
- Ifenec. In addition to antimycotic action, the drug has an antiseptic effect on the fungus.
- Mikoseptin. Good performance for local use. The agent has almost no side effects and contraindications, it acts very gently.
Unlike conventional cosmetic shampoos, antifungals are created on the basis of therapeutic formulas. They often contain components that neutralize the pathological growth of fungi: ketoconazole, sulphide, zirconium pyrithione and others. The most popular shampoo that cleans up the symptoms of fungal infection is Nizoral. The product has a long therapeutic effect, suitable for both therapeutic and preventive washing of the head. The effectiveness of Nizoral is proved by kinetic studies.
The second most popular fungal shampoo is Dermazol. It treats the following diseases of the scalp caused by pathological fungi: dry or fatty seborrheic dermatitis, dandruff, pityriasis. To obtain the result, Dermazol should be used first three days daily, then every other day. The course of treatment with antifungal shampoos lasts from 5 to 7 days.
Tablets from skin fungus
Infections affecting the scalp can not always be cured by external means. In case of severe damage to the dermis of the doctor, systemic antimycotic medicines for internal use are prescribed. If the skin fungus appears in the child, the doctors prescribe Griseofulvin, which is safe for the child's body. Adults prescribe such tablets as Terbinafine, ketoconazole, Itraconazole.
Folk remedies for fungus
Curing the skin fungus can sometimes be done at home. To do this, there are several national recipes:
- If you rinse your scalp with a decoction of lemon peels, the fungus will leave in a week. To do this, remove the crust from 4 lemons, pour a liter of water, boil for 5-7 minutes, then allow to cool. Use the decoction daily until the problem is resolved.
- Excellent salt and peppermint. Raw materials are crushed in equal proportions, applied to the affected area at the time when the scalp begins to itch for 1 hour.
- Decoction of tansy will bring relief to the head after the first application. To make it, you need 20 grams of dry grass and 400 ml of boiling water. Ingredients to mix, to insist 2 hours, to apply instead of shampoo for 2 months.