- 1. Therapeutic characteristics and composition of the preparation
- 2. When should I use?
- 2.1. Gel and ointment
- 2.2. When to enter candles?
- 3. What are the contraindications?
- 4. Instructions for use of Viferon for breastfeeding
- 5. How is Viferon used for children?
- 5.1. Application of ointments and gel
- 5.2. Application of suppositories
- 6. Which analogues can I use?
We hear about the approach of the flu epidemic every year. Every year, winter, autumn, spring come to us, and along with them colds and SARS in young children. Breasts are more prone to such diseases, because their tiny organism is not yet able to withstand dangerous microbes and viruses. Immunity of babies is only being formed, it does not have strong protection against negative factors. The beginning of the cold season is a signal for the mother to go to the pharmacy and stock up efficiently against the first appearance of an unple
Therapeutic characteristics and composition of the drug
Medicine refers the drug "Viferon" to antiviral drugs that have immunomodulatory properties. In addition, Viferon for newborns is able to prevent the formation of tumors. The release is conducted in three forms: candles, ointment and gel. The multicomponent composition determines the universality of its properties:
- accurately directed antiviral activity;
- antioxidant action;
- resistance to inflammatory processes, stabilization of the cell membrane, regeneration.
The main working substance of the agent is interferon( synthetic).Interferon performs two important tasks:
- Has a negative effect on pathogenic microorganisms and various viruses that cause ARVI.Prevents their reproduction.
- Stimulates the baby's body to produce its own interferon, which leads to an increase in the functions of the immune system.
Additionally introduced into the drug elements reinforce the effectiveness of interferon, improve its absorption and prevent the manifestation of allergic reactions. Individual components are introduced into various forms of the facility. The ointment contains vitamin E, and the gel contains serum albumin. This element forms on the skin and mucous membranes a special film that enhances the therapeutic effect of Viferon. Children up to 12 months of use the drug in the form of rectal suppositories. Candles also contain vitamin E, in them ascorbic acid is added. Additives enhance immunomodulating characteristics of the main component, interferon. If a child has fever with a cold, the drug will help to quickly remove it and prevent a fever.
Joint reception with antibiotics leads to a rapid cure, so the doctor makes a treatment regimen with a short course and minimal dosages of medications.
When should I use?
For each form, there are cases when it should be applied. Let us dwell on them in more detail.
Gel and ointment
- Viferon ointment for children should be used in the fight against herpes skin and mucous tissues, wherever they are localized.
- The gel works effectively in chronic herpes, recurring stenosing laryngotraheronkitis. It is often shown to children suffering from acute respiratory infections.
When to inject candles?
Suppositories are added to complex therapy. Are indicated for infections, weighed down by inflammation, from the first month of the baby. Suitable for the treatment of premature babies. Effective in the complex treatment of pneumonia, influenza, SARS, meningitis( viral, bacterial).Applied to combat sepsis, an infection that has arisen inside the mother's womb and provoked by a herpetic virus, chlamydias, candidiasis or visceral mycoplasmosis. In addition, suppositories are used:
- for chronic forms of hepatitis of a different viral nature in combination with plasmaphoresis and hemosorption, proceeding against a background of severe cirrhosis of the liver, with a pronounced active course;
- are not limited in use in pregnancy for the treatment of urological and genital infections( trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, candidiasis, vaginosis, mycoplasmosis);
- for cupping and preventing herpes rashes on the skin and mucous membranes in any form of gravity;
- against influenza and cold infections, in a light and complicated form.
What are the contraindications?
The list of contraindications is small and marked by the same reasons for all types of the drug. Ointment and gel can be canceled with individual intolerance of their working elements by the body of the child. The gel can cause allergies. With regard to suppositories, the possible increased sensitivity of the organism to various components of the remedy is indicated.
Instructions for use of Viferon for breastfeeding
The drug should be used at the first sign of the disease. If a nursing mother begins a cold, to stimulate the immune system to fight the disease should enter candles. To stop feeding with milk it is not required, on the contrary, taking Viferon, mum helps to strengthen immunity of the crumb. Withdrawing the chest, you provoke the transition of the disease to the child and weaken his natural defense, traumatize his psyche and prolong his own recovery.
When you have an ORZ disease from your mom, you do not need to change the feeding rules, you do not need to express milk, there is no reason to boil it. Remember, boiling breast milk, you remove a lot of useful elements from it. Interruption of breastfeeding is justified when a woman takes antibiotics or other potent drugs that are dangerous to the vulnerable baby's body. Now we turn to the instructions prescribed for each form of the drug:
- Suppository intake is permitted in lactation. Dosage in the complex treatment of colds and influenza is one 500000 IU twice a day, the interval between admission is 12 hours. Course intake 5-10 days.
- Ointment and gel are applied externally, localized, so they do not interfere with lactation, if they do not lubricate the area of the breast and nipples. Ointments and gels cover the skin with a thin film that lasts a long time - forming on the nipple, it will make it difficult for the baby to suck and can get into the stomach. The use of the drug in the chronic form of herpes against the background of recurrence of the disease is effective at the initial stage of the disease, it is even better if the medicine is applied at the first sensations of activation of herpetic infection. Lubricate them often, 3-7 times a day. The minimum course of treatment is 3-5 days. If required, you can continue treatment for 10 days. The repetition of the courses is not limited.
How is Viferon used for children?
If it is necessary to apply a detergent for up to a year, it is important to strictly adhere to the instruction for different forms of the remedy. We have prepared a detailed description for each form.
Application of ointment and gel
- Ointment should be applied to problem areas with a thin layer, gently rubbing. The frequency of application is 3-4 times a day. For effective exposure, ointment is used on the first signs of the lesion, when the child has reddening of the skin, burning and itching. The total duration of application is 5-7 days.
- Specialists recommend using the gel form as well as oxolin ointment - as a preventive agent. Lubricate the child with the inner cavity of the nose before going out with him to the street. Prevention of the gel can be done twice a day, which will allow you to protect the baby for the whole day.
- To prevent recurrent stenosing laryngotraheobronchitis, the gel should be squeezed onto a hard swab and patched with tonsils. Frequency of procedures - 3 times a day for 3 weeks. Prevention can be repeated 2 times in 12 months.
- When treating gel, it should be applied more often, up to 5 times a day for a week, then reduce the intensity of procedures and lubricate tonsils 3 times a day for another 3 weeks. It is clear that it is quite difficult to lubricate the baby, so the treatment includes a preparation in the form of a suppository.
Application of suppositories
Suppository rectal administration is the optimal form in which the drug is recommended for children. Number by age:
- For children born at 34 weeks of gestation, the drug is administered at 1 supp.15000 IU 3 times a day with a break of 8 hours. Full course - 5 days.
- A premature baby born less than 34 weeks is recommended to administer 1 suppository( 150,000 IU) 2 times a day, with an interval of 12 hours for 5 days.
- Age from year to 7 years - applies Viferon-2 with a dosage of 500 thousand IU of the main component( interferon).
- Patients 7-12 years of age - Viferon-3( 1,000,000 IU).
- Older than 12 years - Viferon-4( 3,000,000 IU).
The frequency of courses for taking the drug is calculated according to the type of disease. When complicated by bacterial infection of acute respiratory disease, which caused an acute course of respiratory disease - 1-2 courses. Pneumonia of various nature, meningitis, herpes, enterovirus infection require the same number of courses. To cure sepsis, visceral candidiasis and CMV infection in a nursing woman will need 2-3 treatment. The break between the course reception is 5 days. If the doctor deems it necessary, he will prolong the therapy, appointing a medicine in the form of a suppository.
can make a decision to prolong the course of treatment. In the production of the drug in the form of rectal suppositories, cocoa is added in them, which accelerates dissolution of the suppository in the rectum. However, they just as easily melt in your hands, so you need to introduce suppositories quickly.
Which analogues can I use?
The average price for the drug varies from 135 to 160 rubles. Relatively low cost for a truly effective and safe means. What to do if you go to the pharmacy, you find out that it does not have the medicine you need? Pharmacists offer several analogues of Viferon, made on the basis of interferon, but having different forms:
With all the variety of similar means, they differ significantly in price. So, for example, "Intel-P" offers us 350 rubles each, and for "Infangel" you will pay about 280-330 rubles. Even more expensive is Lipint, about 500 rubles. In addition, it is available in the form of a medicinal liquid, the reception of which can adversely affect the baby's mucous membranes.
We note one important factor: the release of Viferon for newborns is conducted by LLC "Feron", located in Moscow. The production cycle implies not only the manufacture of the product itself, but also the constant development of biologically pure medicines of various therapeutic orientations. The manufacturer tries to conduct a flexible pricing policy, offering us affordable products, but within the limits of market facilities.
The administration of the drug is performed by a doctor, it is not recommended to use it alone. The specialist determines the correct dosage of the drug, focusing on the age and severity of the disease. Given that the drug is used in complex therapy, only a doctor can choose the dosage of other drugs, especially if the treatment is established for a newborn baby.