Every real hostess should know the secrets of how to cook tomato for the winter, because for such harvesting you need to choose special tomatoes, and in addition spices and other vegetables. The cooking process can last from a few minutes to 1-2 hours, depending on the constituents and consistency, and on what you want to get as a result. Consider the introduction of a selection of tomatoes for juice, recommendations for their preparation and the best proven sauce recipes for the winter.
How to choose tomatoes for cooking
The selection rules are few. They are simple, but the result depends on the observance. So, let's start:
- Depending on what kind of consistency of juice is desirable, it is necessary to select and varieties of tomatoes. If you take the grade "Bullish Heart", then the drink for the winter will get very thick, saturated. A variety of tomatoes "King Bell" will give a lot of water, so the juice will be liquid, like apple.
- For the cooking of tomatoes, even the ripe vegetables are suitable. Slightly soft, crushed, ripe, too, will be an ideal option for sauces.
- Green fruits of tomatoes should not be taken for juice, as they will spoil the color of the billet, its taste. Unripe vegetables do not give much water, so their use is not advisable.
- The format of tomatoes for making juice does not matter. It can be small cherry, medium cream or large fruit. All the same when cooking they will be cut into pieces.
- Tomatoes grown in the open sun, on beds, are considered ideal for the preparation of tomato juice. Fruits that ripen in greenhouses do not have a large volume of water for such a billet and have a noticeable sourness.
What kind of cooker to cook tomato
Caring owner will ask herself the question: Is it possible to cook tomato in an aluminum pan? There is no unequivocal answer: if dishes from such material are used for 1-3 hours, then oxidation will not occur, but if the juice is infused and then only cooked, it is better to choose other types of utensils. In an iron pan, enameled, cast iron, no chemical processes occur, so they are recommended for cooking tomatoes. Here is the list of utensils that may be needed for the preparation of tomatoes:
- Juicer for quick disconnection of pulp and veins of tomatoes from juice.
- Casserole or large deep bowl for cooking the juice.
- Colander or strainer( for straining the sauce after cooking, if before that the juicer was not used).
- Storage tanks( cans with twists or tin covers).
- Bucket or large mug for dispensing tomato juice to cans.
- Sewer key( if using traditional tin cans for cans).
How long to simmer sauce for the winter
To understand how many minutes you need to make juice until ready, it's worth analyzing the entire cooking process. If the heat treatment will be done with vegetables for the first time, it can last up to 1 hour, but in classical versions, after boiling, wait 5-15 minutes and pour the juice over the jars. If cooking takes place a second time( the first stage was cooked pieces of tomatoes, then they were wiped through a sieve and put on a plate again), then enough 2-5 minutes to boil the dish and lay out on the containers.
Recipes for preparing tomato paste at home with photos
To understand how to cook tomatoes for the winter, it is worth considering several variants of recipes and choosing the most suitable for yourself. The difference is not only in the process of obtaining juice, but also in additives that are put in a drink or sauce. Let's consider some classical recipes and unusual ways of preparation of a tomato for the winter. All considered options are tested, so they are easy to use on their own even for beginners.
Tomato paste on the
If you do not use a juicer to make a tomato juice, the process will take a little time, but you do not have to wash a lot of dishes and waste electricity. The task is to cut vegetables into large pieces, boil a little and rub through a sieve. This method helps to get a thick tomato with a small amount of grains and pulp. Consider a simple proven recipe for a dish.
- Ripe red tomatoes - 2 kg. Red sweet pepper - 2-3 pcs.
- Salt, sugar - according to sorts of tomatoes and taste preferences.
- Black peppercorns, bay leaf.
- Rinse all tomatoes under running water, remove excess water from them.
- Similar actions with pepper.
- In a large( preferably cast-iron) capacity cut fruit tomato in large chunks by cutting with the roots and veins.
- Together with tomatoes it is worth chopping sweet pepper of fleshy varieties in small pieces.
- Place the dish with sliced vegetables on the plate on a small fire, and when it appears at the bottom of some of the liquid, the burners need to increase capacity.
- After the fruit has boiled to 5 minutes, they must be set aside, cooled to room temperature.
- through a sieve or strainer wipe cooked tomato and pepper, crushing them with a spoon or spatula silicone. Excess skin, streaks should be removed.
- The resulting paste must be salted, add sugar, spices and a few sheets of laurel pepper. Put it all on a stove, boil for 3-5 minutes, then pour into cans, roll up with lids.
- This tomato paste is stored for 1 to 5 years in a cool dark place.
Homemade tomato for the winter as fresh
There is nothing better in winter than homemade tomato juice. This dish is allowed to be consumed as an independent unit or added to borsch, cabbage, soups or other types of food. Home to tomato juice turned out as fresh, it is necessary to add a minimum of spices and other vegetables, but to increase the shelf-life should conduct heat treatment well. Consider a quick recipe for such a preparation.
- Red tomatoes of fleshy varieties - 3 kg.
- Parsley, dill - a few fresh twigs.
- Salt, pepper, white sugar - according to taste preferences.
- Wash thoroughly the vegetables, greens.
- Dry them in a colander or with paper towels.
- Cut the inner root into the tomatoes and pass the vegetables through the juicer.
- Drain all the juice obtained into a large enameled container.
- Put the liquid on a stove and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, salt, ground pepper, constantly trying the future dish. Do not put a lot of spices, it will enhance the taste, but it will lose its naturalness.
- Put parsley, dill leaves into the boiling liquid.
- Boil the juice until the sugar is finished. The total amount of time when the tomato boils should be about 20-25 minutes.
- Pour the liquid over sterilized jars, roll tightly with tin lids.
Pepper Bulgarian tomato without
sterilization in tomato juice is very often added sweet pepper. This addition gives unusual taste and makes the consistency more dense. Pepper is allowed to be cut into pieces, whole or grated, a blender. Consider a simple recipe for tomato juice with other vegetables and fruits, which all households and guests will certainly appreciate.
- Red, yellow tomatoes - in the amount of 3 kg.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1,5 kg.
- Plum with a well-separated bone - 0,5 kg.
- Apples of acid varieties - 300 g.
- Sugar, salt - according to tastes.
- Rinse with clean water all vegetables and fruits. Leave them for a few minutes to allow excess water glass.
- Pepper peel from the core, cut into quarters, fold into a large cauldron, where the whole dish will be cooked.
- Tomatoes pass through the juicer, pour the resulting liquid into the bell pepper.
- Plums and apples peel, pass through the juicer, add this liquid to the main tomato juice.
- Immediately put some salt, sugar, if you want - in spices.
- Bring to a boil tomato juice, mix it, try.
- Correct the dish according to your own taste( add salt, sugar, apple cider vinegar).
- Boil the tomato for 5-10 minutes and pour over the glass jars. Bon appetit in winter!
Recipe for tomato juice
A good housewife knows that it takes a long time to prepare tomato juice. But how to cook tomatoes for the winter with the use of new kitchen appliances? Such adaptations allow to simplify the cooking process and even shorten the time for creating an excellent dish. Let's consider step-by-step recipes of tomato juice in a multivark and pressure cooker for harvesting for the winter.
In the multivariate
To make delicious tomato juice quickly at home, it is worth using a multivark. This popular device will help you, offering not to stand at the stove for a long time, but to start the technique and go somewhere on your questions. In addition, there is no risk that the contents of the saucepan will drain, boil away or burn. Here is an excellent recipe for a rich tomato juice in a multivariate.
- Cherry tomatoes or other small varieties of tomatoes - 2 kg.
- Pear ripe - 300 g.
- Apple sour - 300 g.
- Carnation, cinnamon, black, sweet pepper, salt, sugar - according to taste.
Preparation of tomato juice in a multivariate:
- Rinse all fruits, vegetables.
- Separate from them excess parts: tails, veins, bones, core.
- Using a juicer, grind tomatoes, pears, apples.
- Pour into the bowl of the multivariate the juice obtained, add the spices.
- Turn on cooking mode for 30 minutes and wait for cooking.
- In the meantime, you need to sterilize the jars in a water bath and prepare the lids.
- When the multivariate announces the end of the program, the tomato juice should be poured over the containers and tightly closed.
In the steamer
The main advantage of the steamer is that it allows you not so much to cook quickly, how many to do this, while preserving all possible vitamins and minerals. Tomato juice, adzhika, sauce or other product, cooked in a double boiler, has the best taste qualities, it is most useful for the body. Tell you the perfect recipe for a dish of tomatoes.
- Red tomatoes - 2.5 kg.
- Yellow tomatoes - 0,5 kg.
- Tomatoes "Black Prince" - 0,5 kg.
- Green parsley, dill, basil.
- Salt, sugar and pepper - according to taste preferences.
- Rinse and dry all vegetables, greens.
- Peel the tomatoes from the tips, cut each of them into 2 parts.
- Pass the tomatoes through the juicer, setting the appropriate mode for obtaining juice with the maximum amount of pulp.
- Add greens to the liquid.
- Put everything in a steamer and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, open the lid, put spices.
- Boil the juice in a double boiler for another 5 minutes and pour into cans.
Video recipe: how to spin a tomato for the winter
In order for beginners to have no questions on creating an ideal dish of tomatoes, they should watch educational videos. In such materials, famous and popular culinary experts advise how to choose the right vegetables, how to process them and what to put in addition to the juice. Here is a short video that demonstrates the correct approaches in twisting tomatoes for the winter.