Fitness centers began to offer a new direction - pilates, sometimes divided into several more variations: on mats, on simulators. Promise the benefits of body and health, help in losing weight. What is this training for beginners? What goals does it pursue?
What is Pilates
This exercise system gives a sparing load, it was created by a physician Joseph Pilates, by whose name it was called. As a teenager, he developed a training for himself, thanks to which he improved his physical form, strengthened his health, increased the endurance of the body. Then pilates began to lift people to their feet after prolonged hypodynamia.
- The main principles of pilates: concentration and breathing, the absence of pain.
- The main direction of the system is the back, therefore it is recommended to office workers suffering from curvature, osteochondrosis.
- Training of deep abdominal muscles is especially useful to women.
- The exercises of Josef Pilates for beginners from the outside seem simple, but in fact cause difficulty in the performance, because they require an ideal coordination between breathing and muscles.
Pilates for weight loss
It's hard to believe that an easy training, not aimed at a sporting outcome, can help in losing weight. The essence of Pilates is the study of deep muscles, concentration on the area of the press( the so-called "center").If you do the right thing, Pilates will tighten the contours of the body, especially the stomach, and not only reduce the weight. The result appears after a month of systematic training.
Pilates at home for beginners
Before doing the exercises, you should "tune" your breathing. Without this basic principle, there is no point in physical activity, it will remain the usual gymnastics. Take a horizontal position, do not strain, palms can put on the solar plexus. On the inhalation, open only the ribs, feeling them diverge in the sides, on exhalation, return them back. The thorax and stomach are immobile. Important points:
- Exercises at home for beginners are performed on a special mat on the floor, so as not to injure your back.
- The appearance of a person for Pilates does not matter, the main thing is to make it comfortable. Legs are recommended for legs.
- After the workout, perform an easy set of stretching exercises.
Begin by preparing the position of your body: extend the spine, lower your shoulders as much as possible, the pelvis point toward the lower ribs, removing the stomach inside. Muscles of the press should be felt strained, collected. In this case, breathe smoothly, in a measured manner, according to the system described above. This state should be maintained throughout the entire Pilates lesson, no matter what position your body takes.
- A beginner's exercise for a general workout. Pull your arms up so that the tips of your fingers are facing the ceiling. Exhaling, open them, lowering them in different directions parallel to the floor. Taking a breath, return back.
- Exercise for the press and back. Bend your knees, pulling your feet to your hips. When exhaling, lift the body, rounding the lower back, stretch straight forward with your hands. Brushes should be near the ankles. Make a few springy strokes in the palms of the air, slowly lower the body back.
Gymnastics for beginners
The above exercises of pilates for weight loss will work only if they are regularly performed. If you need to speed up the process of creating the perfect figure, be sure to connect to the active cardiovascular training: jump rope or simple jumps, vigorous squats. The number of repetitions of each exercise in the pilates system for beginners is in the range of 10-15 times.
- Begin with the spine and the press: from the supine position on the back, lift the abdominal muscles with the straight legs joined together so that they form an acute angle with the floor. Exhale - slowly tear off the body, the vertebra behind the vertebrae from the neck. Straighten your back, hold for 10 seconds( beginners - 3-4) in the position of the letter V. Exhale - lower the body, then stretched legs.
- Exercise for the oblique muscles of the press. Lie on your side, pull your lower arm up, touching it with your ear, the upper one can be placed in front of you. On exhalation stretch the spine, trying to lift the legs with the muscles of the thigh and the press. Feel burning in the side. Beginners need to do 4-5 repetitions. On the inspiration, descend.
- The last basic exercise of Pilates for beginners is slimming thighs and buttocks. Lying on your back, bend your knees. Exhalation - start lifting the pelvis with the muscles of the back of the thigh, then the body, tearing off the floor on the vertebrae to the very shoulder blades. Hold in this position, straining the press, on inhalation return back. Beginners repeat 4-5 times.
Video: Pilates for Dummies
As it is very difficult for beginners to assimilate such information in text form, starting in Pilates is better with free video lessons in Russian. Read them below. All the movements and highlights of the inspiration / expiration are explained in the video and it's easy, so you can easily repeat them. For convenience, the training is divided into blocks, taking into account the level of preparation.
Alla, 22 years old: Due to lack of time, I decided to download a large video tutorial for beginners and try to study at home at home. With a coach it would be better to figure out many nuances faster, but also so - the effect is felt after the first week( 2 workouts).Press constantly tense, the body hurts, for a month noticed a loss of 1.5 cm at the waist.
Yana, 27: When I was enrolled in a fitness center for Pilates, I was told that I was suitable for everyone, even for beginners. Imagined an analog of yoga: quiet music, relaxation. It turned out - the tension is crazy. Found out a lot of non-existent muscles. The body( especially the back) hurt for 3 days, then a new exercise. I will not lose weight, so I'll strengthen my spine!
Polina, 30 years old: I attend Pilates 4 years, 2 trainings per week. I like very much what he gives to my body. There was a pain in the back, migraine pains less often, the posture is corrected. I became stronger than a press, which I could not swing after childbirth. Pilates for beginners in general a smart replacement for complex fitness training - safe, but effective.