- 1 What you need to know in order to properly get a massage
- 2 Step technique of massage
- 3 If the procedure does not help
lachrymal child channels before the birth of closed embryonic( rudimentary) film, which does not penetrate them amniotic waters. As soon as the baby is born, the film breaks, and the eyes begin to "work" as it should. But about 5% of kids do not, and after a short time problems begin. If you turn to the doctor even at the stage of stagnation of tears, you can avoid complications, including edema and suppuration. If the tear is cloudy, forever "stick together", and when you press the corner of the eye stands purulent mucous substance - even more so it's time to rush to the doctor, pediatrician, audiologist, optometrist.
After diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe the treatment, and a special massage that will help clean the canals and avoid their repeated blockage can be done at home.
What you need to know in order to properly massage
Massage is a good help at the initial stage of treatment of children who have been diagnosed with dacryocystitis. In the technique of massage there is nothing particularly difficult. If you know the rules, everything will work out fine. Just remember that the massage of a child's face requires caution, do not put much effort. And, of course, in no case should you have an effect on the eyeball.
The main features of the tear canal massage in newborns:
- term - 2 weeks;
- frequency - 5-6 times during the day, before feeding;
- method - with index fingers;
- character - jerky;
- direction - from the corners of the eyes to the wings of the nose.
Before starting the massage, wash thoroughly( ideally - disinfect) hands and pay attention to the nails - they should be as short as possible, so as not to bring discomfort to the child. During the procedure, you can use thin and sterile gloves. Step
technique of massage
Ophthalmologist from child health clinics can show massage technique - it will help avoid complications, and the good result of the procedure say everyone who helped massage the tear duct.
How to massage? Soft enough, but at the same time not stroking - this is not true. As the opinions of parents, who consulted with the doctor, stroking movements only stretch the lacrimal sac and worsen the situation, ie the allocation of "stored" in the channel. Movements should be quite sharp, joggling, towards the wings of the nose. It is this technique that contributes to the complete cleansing of the eye, especially if it already contains pathological contents.
To visualize exactly how to make movements, watch a tear canal massage in newborns in pictures. And here is a step-by-step description of the actions.
- Preheat the solution of furacilin - make sure that the temperature corresponds to body temperature.
- Place the child on a flat surface, so that it's convenient for him and for you.
- With the help of the index finger, it is easy to press the inner corner of the eye( teardrop point), turning the finger to the nose of the child.
- Lightly squeeze the lacrimal sac so that a mucous fluid comes out of it.
- Use a pipette to drip a solution of furacilin into the eye.
- Use a sterile cotton swab to remove the discharge from the eye. It should not fall into the other eye or into the ear!
- Continue pressing and sliding along the spout - the movement from top to bottom should be repeated 10 times.
- Perform one vibrating movement from bottom to top( i.e., in the opposite direction).
- At the end of the procedure, a disinfectant 0.25% solution of levomycetin can be injected into the eye.
If the tear duct is still blocked by the embryonic film, it will break through these actions, and the pathological contents can be removed from the canal. The rupture of the rudimentary film and / or the output of the gelatinous plug does not occur because of the actual mechanical action, but because of the pressure drops in the channel.
If the procedure does not help
Massage rarely becomes the main treatment. Only with its help is it possible to completely get rid of the problem only in 10-15% of cases. Thus, mandatory conditions - the constant observation of the doctor and the appointment of appropriate drugs.
If after two weeks there is no improvement, you no longer need to conduct home procedures, so as not to complicate the situation. The only thing that can help in this case is the probing of the lacrimal canal, that is, piercing the film with the thinnest probe. This operation is performed on an outpatient basis and is not painful for young children. To avoid the recurrence of adhesive processes, one must learn how to do a tear duct massage in newborns. The procedure will need to be carried out a week after probing.
If even the piercing with a probe did not work, then the plugging of the lacrimal canal is caused by the curvature of the nasal septum, possibly by the abnormal development of the nasolacrimal canal or other causes. Either way, experts will determine how further treatment will occur.