Contents of the article
- 1 Proven folk recipes for adenoids
- 1.1 Read more about the cleanser
- 1.2 Steam inhalation and washes
- 1.3 Strengthening the immunity
- 2 7 rules for washing the nose at home: reminder for parents
Treatment of adenoids in children inHome conditions should be controlled by an otolaryngologist. In most cases, doctors do not object to the use of folk remedies for adenoiditis, often prescribe recipes from traditional medicine. It is important only to remember that the child may have an allergic reaction to the herbal preparation. In this case, stop taking the medication and consult a doctor.
Proven folk recipes for adenoids
Infusions and decoctions cooked at home, relieve inflammation, reduce swelling, restore nasal breathing. What plant components are most often used for washing and instillation?
- Beet juice. Honey and fresh beet juice are used( in a 1: 2 ratio).Beet juice can also be diluted with boiled water. This tool is recommended to apply several times a day not more than 5 drops in one nostril.
- Essential oils. Beneficial effect on lymphoid tissues. Oils are recommended to inhale and drip into the nose. Used: olive, corn, eucalyptus, sea-buckthorn, sesame, peach butter, as well as butter of tuja, juniper, cypress, dog rose, tea tree. Each of the oils can be instilled in the form of a mixture or separately for 1 drop three times a day.
- Eucalyptus, chamomile, birch leaves. A tablespoon of herbal mixture is prepared with a decoction, it is insisted for 1 hour. It is necessary to dig in 2-3 drops twice a day.
- Aloe juice. To reduce the bitterness of aloe juice, it is diluted with boiled water. The effectiveness of this tool will be noticeable only with a long course. Bury in the morning and evening 1-2 drops in each nostril.
- The sequence, mother-and-stepmother, St. John's wort. Two tablespoons of a mixture of herbs are steamed in a thermos, pouring a glass of boiling water. In the tincture, you can add 1-2 drops of any essential oil. Apply morning and evening 2 drops in the nostril.
Bury in the nose only after thorough washing and cleansing of the nasopharynx from the mucus. Otherwise, the effect of droplets will be minimal. Usually, decoctions and tinctures are used for a long time - from two weeks to one month.
Read more about the cleanser
The cleanness is one of the most effective folk remedies for adenoids in children. There are several options for its preparation.
- Purity with milk. The broth is prepared from a glass of milk and a teaspoon of celandine grass. The prepared and strained mixture can be stored in the refrigerator. Apply thrice a day, 1-2 drops in each nostril.
- Tincture of celandine. From 100 g of water and 5 leaves of celandine, prepare the broth, cool, pour into a dark glass container and insist for two days. Bury in the nose in a diluted form: for 1 drop of tincture 2 drops of boiled water. Bury three times a day, 1 drop in each nostril.
- Drops from fresh celandine. One drop of fresh celandine juice is diluted in 60 drops of boiled water. Bury 1 drop in each nostril morning and evening. Do not store diluted juice, every day a fresh solution is prepared.
Purity in the people is also called "devil's milk", "witch grass", which indicates the content of poisonous substances in it. Therefore it is forbidden:
- to take tinctures of celandine inside;
- chewing celandine leaves;
- bury fresh juice in a pure or weakly salted form.
Steam inhalation and washes
Inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx and congestion of mucus in ARVI provoke an increase in adenoids. Therefore, it is recommended to eliminate mucus by moistening the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx and washing the nose.
- Steam inhalation. For the preparation of solutions use such components: eucalyptus, calanchoe, calendula, pine buds, thymus thymus, iodine, soda. Inhalation should be done twice a day for 10 minutes.
- Saline solutions for washing. You can buy special solutions in the pharmacy. You can prepare the solution at home: for 1 liter of boiled water 1 teaspoon of salt. It is better to use sea salt.
- Herbal solutions for washing. Most often used such medicinal plants: chamomile, calendula, celandine, horsetail, St. John's wort.
Strengthening the immunity
Strengthen immunity for preventive purposes. In what ways can this be achieved?
- Herbal remedies for strengthening the immune system. Onion, garlic, honey, echinacea, lemon, ginger, propolis.
- Healthy lifestyle. As often as possible, the child should be in the open air, exercise and sports, temper, and eat well. And if he has an example of adults before his eyes, this point will not seem so difficult.
- Positive emotions. Joy increases immunity. It is proved that the immune reactions of a person with a negative attitude are much weaker.
Recently, more and more talk about the psychosomatic nature of adenoids. Forever snotty, unhappy child of any of the adults will not leave indifferent. Adenoids often suffer children, "lovers" of parental anxiety.
7 rules for washing the nose at home: memo for parents
In small children, a short and wide auditory tube, so during washing, it easily gets liquid, which often leads to inflammation of the middle ear. This is one of the main dangers in a seemingly innocuous procedure. Quite often in the responses of parents, you can read that the otitis was successfully "washed up".How to properly and safely carry out this procedure?
- Rinse with a slight inclination of the head forward. You can do this over a sink or over a bowl, where the liquid will flow. It is not recommended to wash the nose lying down, with the head turning to the side. During the procedure, you need to hold your breath on inhalation.
- Rinse and flaunt alternately one nostril. After washing, one finger should be covered with one finger and the second is carefully marked. With a strong nose, the liquid, together with the mucus, is thrown into the auditory tube.
- Use disposable syringes( without needle). The syringe piston should not be tight, otherwise the liquid will be strongly injected. Instead of a syringe, you can use a small syringe.
- Do not inject liquid under pressure. If the solution is injected quickly, the fluid flows into the nasal sinuses and the auditory tube. This can worsen the situation and lead to complications: sinusitis and otitis.
- Volume of liquid. For rinsing, take 1.5-2 ml of solution for each nostril( 0.5 ml for small children).Breast children are instilled with 2-3 drops of solution into each nostril, after which the nasal passages are cleaned with a cotton flagellum.
- Frequency of washes. With a lot of mucus, the doctor can recommend frequent rinses: up to 6 times a day. On average, you should wash at least 3 times a day. Otolaryngologists are not recommended to take a great interest in frequent rinses. At least, you should not do this without a preliminary examination and a doctor's recommendation.
- Temperature and concentration of liquid. Solutions for washing should be at room temperature and moderate concentration. If the child complains of a burning sensation in the nose, dilute the solution with boiled water.
The procedure must be performed carefully. It is necessary to warn that the liquid through the nasopharynx will fall into the throat and it should be spit out. If the child is afraid of rinsing, it is best to show the procedure on a personal example.
To cure adenoids in children with folk remedies is possible only in a complex of general therapy, which is prescribed by the ENT.Of course, one can hope for miracle herbs. But it is even better to hope for an experienced, qualified specialist. If a child has adenoids 3 degrees, he has difficulty nasal breathing, frequent otitis, worsening of hearing, deformation of maxillofacial bones, "grandmother's recipes" are unlikely to help.