- 1 Lifestyle chickenpox
- 2 Pharmacotherapy
- 2.1 Leather processing
- 3 Reasons for compulsory treatment to the doctor
main cure for chickenpox in children - respect for the purity of the skin and create a favorable environment for the child. Observance of several simple rules will help to ease the condition of the baby and will give an opportunity to lead an almost ordinary life during illness.
Lifestyle with chickenpox
- Bed rest .Not required. If a child feels well and wants to play mobile games, do not force him.
- Power Mode .If the baby refuses to eat - do not insist. Trust this question in your child: do not want it - do not. But the fluid should be given a lot, even if the child refuses.
- With itching .For pimples to be scratched less, bathing in warm or cool water is recommended every 3-4 hours. It helps to cope with itching by adding oatmeal or cornstarch to the water. Baby's skin after a bath do not wipe, but gently promakat cotton diaper. And better - disposable paper towels. Maintain the temperature of the air in the building about 20 degrees and the humidity is not less than 50 percent - in these conditions the skin will sweat less and, accordingly, less scratched. Wear only cotton clothes on your child, change it daily.
- With rash in the mouth .Avoid hot salty and spicy food, since it can increase the pain on the mucosa of the mouth. The food should be warm or cool, without coarse pieces. A good helper in this case is ice cream or fruit ice, which will ease the pain and help the baby get extra liquid.
- Preventing scratches on the skin .In order to prevent a bacterial infection, do all to the child is not scratching his pimples: trim the nails to him and watch over the purity of the hands, wear gloves at night.
Drug therapy includes methods to facilitate the patient's general condition, maintain its immunity, preventing and treating bacterial complications in the skin and internal organs.
- Antihistamines .Ask your doctor about the appointment of antihistamines( antiallergenic drugs) to relieve itching. It is better to use tablets, not ointments, since the ointment is easy to overdo and harm the baby.
- Antiviral treatment for .In severe disease, a high risk of complications, as well as in children up to the year and adolescents, an antiviral agent from chickenpox, "Acyclovir"( the international name of the drug), can be used. At home, it is prescribed in tablets, but can be administered intravenously with immunodeficiency( including leukemia and other cancers), chickenpox and encephalitis, or if the child is treated with Prednisolone two weeks before infection or during the incubation period. Its dosage and reception rules are determined individually by the attending physician. It is important to know that with the use of this drug you need to water a lot of the baby, otherwise there may be complications on the kidneys. Do not take the decision to treat Acyclovir alone!
- Immunoglobulin .Helps minimize complications and the likelihood of death. It can be shown to children with weakened immunity and newborns who are already ill or have a high risk of infection( for example, if the mother has had chickenpox shortly before or shortly after birth).
- Antibiotics .Because chicken pox is caused by a virus, antibiotics are not prescribed for its treatment. But they can be shown for some complications: pustular skin disease, pneumonia, encephalitis and others. It is very important to recognize the bacterial complications in time for effective and rapid treatment, and to prevent severe consequences.
- Painkillers .Ask the doctor for a dehydrating remedy if the baby has a rash on the genitals - they can be very painful.
- Antipyretic .When the temperature rises, paracetamol in candles or ibuprofen in syrup can be used. These drugs must be alternated and closely monitor the dosage.
Treatment of skin
To relieve itching with chickenpox, "Tsindol"( "fun") helps a lot. This suspension has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, dries and cools irritated skin and thereby reduces itching. It is allowed to be used even in newborns. From a suspension of "Tsindol" you can prepare a more convenient ointment from chickenpox - to do this, leave the mallet for a while, so that it "exfoliates", and then drain the clear liquid. The resulting white mass smear the baby's skin.
Antihistamines and antiviral ointments are not recommended, as they are difficult to dose. To reduce severe pruritus and prevent the inflammatory process on the skin, chickenpox lotion - "Kalamin", which has antiseptic action, dries pryshchiki, cools irritated skin, relieves edema and promotes tissue regeneration. Also, for drying the elements of the rash and preventing inflammation in chickenpox, fucocin( Castellan liquid) can be administered.
Miramistin, an antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal agent, that helps to relieve inflammation and prevent the attachment of infections, is suitable for treating rashes in the mouth with chicken pox."Miramistin" is convenient for use in babies, as it has no taste and looks like water.
Reasons for compulsory medical attention
Usually, varicella is treated at home, but in some cases immediate medical attention is required. Call a doctor if:
- , after the rash appears and the general condition improves, the temperature rises again, and the baby becomes worse;
- patient does not manage to get drunk( or impossible to drink because of a strong rash in his mouth);
- showed signs of dehydration( dry skin and mucous membranes, dark and strongly smelling urine, drowsiness, lethargy, intense thirst);
- the child hardly wakes up( more difficult than usual);
- lethargy, difficulty walking, impaired coordination of movements;
- severe headache, tension of the muscles of the neck, neck and back;
- shortness of breath, chest pain, dyspnea, cough;
- frequent vomiting;
- cyanosis( blueing of some skin areas);
- hemorrhagic( with blood) rash.
Also it is impossible to be treated independently if the child has:
- immunodeficiency( congenital or acquired);
- malignant tumor;
- treatment with chemotherapy;
- immunosuppressive therapy( suppressive immunity);
- hormone therapy;
- HIV infection;
- is a child of the first year of life or over 12 years of age.
Most often, chickenpox passes quite easily, and febrifuge is often enough, but sometimes you can not do without serious medications. It is important to understand that the drugs for treating varicella in children are prescribed only by a doctor, strictly individually for each specific case, and should not be taken independently.