The content of the article
- 1 The most effective recipes for traditional medicine
- 1.1 Teas and decoctions
- 1.2 Throat rinse and lubrication
- 1.3 More information on propolis
- 2 How to gargle
- 3 Precautions: 5 simple rules
From ancient timesIn Russia they knew how to drive the sick from the child. In a large kadushka steamed collection of fragrant herbs, next to her seated patient who inhaled vapors. There was another, absolutely opposite method - hardening the throat with cold, gradually reducing the temperature of the broths for rinsing. The most effective were rinsings with birch sap, broths from raspberries and mother-and-stepmother. Often, children were allowed to chew the root of the calamus. What medicines of traditional medicine are used today?
The most effective recipes of traditional medicine
How to treat the throat with folk remedies in children? In every family there are traditional
Teas and decoctions of
In case of infection of any origin, an abundant warm drink is recommended. This helps to remove toxins from the body, prevents dehydration, which often occurs at high temperature. You can make teas from limes, raspberries, cranberries, sage, chamomile, currant leaves, dogrose. Fruit teas should not be strongly acidic, so as not to irritate the mucous. Often with sore throats, children refuse to eat. In this situation, doctors recommend a nutritious cherry kissel. In addition, it well envelops the mucous and relieves pain when swallowing.
Throat rinse and lubricate
Rinse with sore throat is the first and necessary procedure. Its main task is to wash out pathogenic germs with mucous membranes. Rinses will help to quickly cope with inflammation, remove swelling and pain when swallowing.
- Saline solutions. The simplest and most proven tool. The solution can be bought at the pharmacy, and you can cook at home: for 1 liter of boiled water 1 teaspoon of salt( preferably sea).Concentrated saline solutions will burn the mucous, so it is important to stick to the dosage.
- Soda solutions. Soda cleans inflammation and has a healing effect. Especially effective soda rinses, if the inflammation of the tonsils is caused by fungi. Proportions for the preparation of the solution: for 1 cup of boiled water? A teaspoon of soda. It is important to know that prolonged rinses with soda and its high concentration lead to over-drying of the mucosa. As a result, discomfort and sore throat may worsen. Allowable norm of soda rinses: 3 times a day. You can also use soda and salt while rinsing at the same time.
- Iodized solutions. In a glass of warm water, dissolve 2 drops of iodine. The effect of "sea water" will create salt and soda, added to the iodized solution. With the dosage of iodine, you must be extremely careful! It is better if a doctor appoints her. Uncontrolled use of iodine can disrupt the function of the thyroid gland.
- Herbal decoctions. Most often used for the gargling of the throat are decoctions of such medicinal plants: chamomile, elecampane, sage, oak bark, calendula, eucalyptus and others. Effective are such herbal preparations: calendula, chamomile and eucalyptus;Calendula, wormwood and plantain;Bark of oak, ayr and elecampane;Mint, chamomile and sage. To prepare the broth, equal proportions of herbs are taken.
- Beet juice. Beetroot is the strongest natural antiseptic. Her juice, diluted with water( 1: 1), you can gargle 3-4 times a day. You can also add a little honey to the juice. This mixture is used both for rinsing and for instillation into the nose. The carrot juice also has antiseptic properties.
The lubrication procedure is carried out after rinsing and cleansing the tonsils from mucus and pus. Recommend to lubricate your throat at night. What can I use?
- Honey and aloe juice. One tablespoon of aloe juice mixed with three tablespoons of honey. The mixture is applied to the amygdala once a day for a week.
- Essential oils. Used sea-buckthorn, eucalyptus, peach and other oils. These are natural antiseptics that moisturize the mucous membrane well, strengthen local immunity.
Read more about propolis
Propolis( bee glue) is a natural disinfectant that bees produce to protect hives. It includes useful essential oils and antiseptic resins( flavonoids and phenolic acids).Treatment of the throat with propolis in children is effective for respiratory diseases, pain, swelling, and perspiration are well eliminated. Propolis is also recommended as an adjuvant for acute inflammatory process in the throat with the release of pus. What other useful properties of this substance?
- Heals wounds.
- Stimulates immunity.
- Strengthens capillaries.
- Destroys germs, fungi and viruses.
Which propolis based recipes are most commonly used?
- Propolis on saline solution. It is necessary to dilute 10 ml of pharmacy tincture of propolis in 100 ml of saline. Rinse need at least 3 times a day for a week.
- Chewing propolis. A piece of propolis should be chewed for 10 minutes. It is applied every 3-4 hours. Well disinfects not only the throat, but also the entire oral cavity, also treats gum disease, stomatitis.
- Pharmaceutical propolis. In a glass of boiled water dilute 2 teaspoons of tincture. If the child complains of a burning sensation, the concentration should be reduced. Propolis with sugar. A good recipe for sweeties that do not like to be treated. On a piece of refined sugar, 3-4 drops of propolis should be dripped and allowed to slowly dissolve. This procedure can be conducted no more than twice a day. Propolis and essential oil. You can use wild rose, peach, sea-buckthorn, apricot oil.30 ml of propolis is diluted in 60 ml of oil. This solution is used to lubricate the throat after rinsing. The mixture effectively moisturizes the mucous membranes, and also eliminates excess mucus and perspiration. Lubricate the throat twice a day( it is useful at night).The course of treatment lasts not less than 7 days.
- Home tincture. Pressed propolis( it can be bought from beekeepers) should be filled with cold water and allowed to stand for a while until the surface of the wax remains up to the surface. Water with wax should be drained, and the sediment, which remained at the bottom, dried. Then it is necessary to pour it with alcohol( for 30 g of the purified and dried sediment of propolis 100 ml of alcohol).The solution should be poured into a glass container, placed in a dark place, periodically shaken and insisted for a week.
Propolis successfully treats the red throat with laryngitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis. This medication has few contraindications, the main one of them is an allergic reaction to bee products.
How to gargle
- Rinse algorithm. It is necessary to collect a small amount of liquid in the mouth and slightly toss your head back. They rinse their throats with the lingering sound of "ah-ah."The liquid should fall on the back wall of the pharynx, then the washing will be good. After rinsing, the liquid must be spat out, it can not be swallowed.
- Rinse time. Gargle should be rinsed for 1-2 minutes. Usually a glass of solution is used for the rinsing procedure.
- Intensity. It is not recommended to rinse intensively. First, there is a risk of fluid entering the auditory tube. Secondly, with acute purulent inflammation, such a zealous rinse will lead to the spread of bacteria to other parts of the upper respiratory tract.
- Frequency. In an acute period of the disease, rinsing should be regular and frequent: 5-6 times a day. During the recovery period, you can rinse 2-3 times a day.
- Course. Gargle should be rinsed for 7-10 days. In order to prevent chronic tonsillitis, it is recommended to gargle with antiseptic herbal preparations. The procedure is carried out several times a week.
The rinsing procedure in toddlers under 3 years is difficult. Even in older children, there is a vomiting reflex, coughing with rinsing, in rare cases - laryngospasm. If you can not rinse it, you can water your throat with an atomizer. To do this, the child should open his mouth wide, stick out his tongue( not a hill) and hold his breath. Spray the solution on the back of the pharynx. You can also dig in solutions in the nose. The liquid will flow down the back wall of the nasopharynx and enter the throat.
Precautions: 5 simple rules
Auxiliary methods of treatment of tonsillitis folk remedies in children are conducted in combination with antibiotic therapy. What rules for the use of folk remedies are important?
- Solutions should be room temperature. Do not use cold and hot rinse liquids. Cold is useful for strengthening local immunity, but it should be used only after recovery.
- Burning and acidic agents. In many sources, you can find recipes for rinsing on the basis of alcohol tinctures, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, iodine and even kerosene. Such recommendations should be treated with extreme caution, because to the inflammation of the throat, you can add burns and a strong swelling of the mucosa.
- Strict contraindications. Various kinds of compresses and hot inhalations can harm the body and aggravate the course of the disease. They are categorically forbidden to use at high temperature and purulent angina. Also there is a risk of false croup( laryngospasm) after hot inhalations.
- Small doses. Use folk remedies in small doses and with minimal concentration. Usually adult doses are written on the herbal collections, for children they are reduced 3 times.
- Limited use of rinsing and irrigation solutions. It is recommended to apply no more than 2-3 means. This applies to drug therapy, and treatment of the throat with decoctions and tinctures. Excess of medicinal products( albeit of vegetable origin) overdry mucous, disturbs its microflora.
Allergic reaction is the most common side effect when treated with folk remedies. Individual intolerance of the drug of national medicine and incompatibility of medicines with some herbs are also possible.
Self-treatment of a child's throat with folk remedies is strictly prohibited until examination and doctor's recommendations. The red throat may be a symptom of angina, scarlet fever, measles, rubella and other infections. Only a doctor can exclude these diseases and say that your child has a banal ARVI.In "unorganized" cases, you can not do without a specific drug treatment - antibacterial, antiviral or antifungal.