The content of the article
- 1 The history of the preparation
- 1.1 The "cunning" of clavulanic acid
- 2 "Amoxiclav" for children: the powder from which the suspension is prepared
- 2.1 What diseases treats
- 2.2 Contraindications
- 3 Side effects
- 3.1 Measures to prevent dysbiosis
- 4 Analogues and can you find the syrup
History of the preparation
In Britain, in 1970, the antibiotic amoxicillin was manufactured. He had a wide range of antimicrobial activity, but scientists were faced with a problem. Everyone knows that bacteria are living organisms that adapt to changing environmental conditions. Including, they adapted themselves to the influence of antibiotics( in this case antibiotics of the penicillin series) on them - by producing an enzyme of β-lactamase. It binds to the drug and inactivates it. Thus, the bacterium provided protection against the harmful effects of amoxicilli
"Cunning" of clavulanic acid
In 1972, an inhibitor( a substance that inhibits the activity) of β-lactamase-clavulanic acid( clavulanate) was detected. The combined use of substances such as amoxicillin and clavulanate have made it possible to control many microorganisms that previously had resistance( resistance) to the action of antibiotics of the penicillin series.
Clavulanate binds to the β-lactamase of the bacterium, as if by deceiving it, and amoxicillin at this time unhinderedly exhibits its bactericidal action:
- penetrates into the bacterial cell;
- suppresses the action of its internal enzymes, disrupting the process of its vital activity;
- causes bacteriolysis( dissolution of the bacterium).
Moreover, clavulanate itself also acts on the bacterial cell and causes its death. Thus, the drug "Augmentin" was created, which on the Russian market is called "Amoxiclav".
"Amoxiclav" for children: powder from which the suspension is prepared.
There is a certain problem with taking medications by small children. To explain to them how to "drink a pill" is quite problematic. And to ask her to chew if her teeth have already grown, is even more difficult, since antibiotics tend to taste bitter. To help the medicine in this case, convenient and easy-to-use forms of medications come in, such as powders for the preparation of a suspension.
Amoxiclav powder is a dry drug substance that needs to be dissolved in boiled water at room temperature. The resulting suspension will be pleasant for your baby to smell and taste. There are different dosages of the powder for the preparation of the suspension: 125, 250, 400 mg. The number of active substances included in the preparation in such powders is indicated in the table.
Table - Amoxicillin and clavulanate content in different dosages of Amoxiclav
|Amoxiclav||Amoxicillin, mg||Clavulanic acid, mg|
The content of amoxicillin and clavulanate is indicated on the package and on the bottle label as the first and secondNumber, respectively. For example, "Amoxiclav" suspension for children with a mark of 250 mg + 62.5 mg / 5ml contains in 5 ml of the finished suspension 250 mg of amoxicillin and 62.5 mg of clavulanic acid.
Each package contains an abstract with detailed information on how to take "Amoxiclave" to children and how to prepare a suspension. How much water to take, how to add this water, how to stir. Also, the instructions for use contain dosage tables based on age, weight and indications. In addition, the annotation indicates the duration of treatment, conditions and timing of storage of the drug. Therefore, before giving the medicine to the baby, read the instructions in detail and follow the instructions clearly.
What diseases treats
There are a number of indications for the use of the suspension "Amoxiclav":
- bronchitis acute and chronic;
- otitis media;
- cervicitis;Erysipelatous erysipelas;
- is a phlegmonous inflammation;
In addition, the doctor may prescribe the drug for other diseases caused by antibiotic-sensitive microorganisms.
List of contraindications
Do not forget about the contraindications:
- intolerance of the components of the drug or hypersensitivity to them;
- dysfunctional liver disorders;
- benign lymphoblastosis;
- lymphatic leukemia.
Side effects of
Side effects may occur if the dosage is incorrectly chosen, the reception mode is incorrect, and when other medications that may enhance the effect of Amoxiclav are taken. Among the complications of treatment are:
- change in the qualitative and quantitative composition of the blood;
- is an allergy to the drug;
- headache, insomnia;
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- rashes on the skin;
- candidiasis of skin and mucous membranes.
Measures to prevent the dysbiosis
These undesirable consequences are rare. Most often during the reception of antibiotics there is an upset intestinal digestion - dysbiosis."Amoxiclav" in this matter is no exception. Along with the death of pathogenic bacteria in the intestine, microorganisms beneficial for the intestine also die, resulting in the development of "antibiotic-associated diarrhea," that is, diarrhea.
This unpleasant complication can be solved with the help of preparations containing "beneficial bacteria".They usually include two important components.
- Probiotics. These are living microorganisms - bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
- Prebiotics. These are food components for probiotics, stimulating their active growth.
Among these drugs, which can be prescribed even to a child under one year, the following should be noted:
- "Normobakt"( from six months);
- "Acipol"( from three months);
- "Bifiform"( in the form of drops can be used in infants);
- "Bifidum Bacterin"( in powder form, also can be used in infants).
Analogues and can you find the syrup
Initially, the drug "Augmentin" was created in the UK."Amoxiclav" - this is his analog from Slovenia. Among the Russian analogues, which are not so many, we can distinguish the following:
- "Klamosar" and "Liklave" - are acceptable in the treatment of children from the period of newborn;
- "Arlet" and "Ecoclave" - use only from six and 12 years respectively.
Among foreign analogues, which can also be used with children from the moment of birth, the following products are on the Russian market:
- "Flemoklav", it is also "Flemoklav Solutab";
- "Taromentin"( in the form of a solution for injection - from 0 years, in the form of tablets - from 12 years).
"Amoxiclav" is a widely used medicinal product that is successfully used in pediatrics and has the most positive feedback from doctors. But it must be remembered that its use must be justified. That is, the doctor will prescribe the medicine if the child does not just have a cough, but the real sore throat or other serious bacterial disease. Then for the child you can buy the drug in the form of tablets, powders or lyophilizates for injections, but that's such a form often found on the Internet, like "Amoxiclav syrup for children", alas, does not happen.