Regurgitation is the passive casting of a certain amount of food that comes from the stomach into the mouth soon after it is taken. If a month-old baby often spits up, it causes anxiety and a lot of questions from caring parents. Sometimes this condition may indicate the development of the disease. How do you know if everything is really bad, or do you have a common phenomenon inherent in any newborn?
Regurgitation and vomiting -
large difference in contrast between these two processes is necessary to understand, to not panic prematurely.
Regurgitation appears almost immediately after feeding. Milk is like the original sample, it is white, not curdled, almost odorless. When vomiting is present curdled discharge with an acidic "aroma".Regurgitation does not give the infant a special discomfort, unlike vomiting.
Overeating - one of the causes of regurgitation
If everyone understands that the baby spits up, not tear, the specific reasons for concern. And yet I wonder why such a nuisance
- The crumb is overeating .Unfortunately, there are cases when feeding "on demand" leads to such results. Kid is fond of sucking a delicious mother's milk and drinks extra. Or, due to individual characteristics, for his stomach too much of the standard dose of the mixture from the bottle with artificial feeding.
- Underdevelops the cardiac sphincter .It serves as a separator of the esophagus and stomach and, cutting, does not give the incoming food back. So, before the 6th month of the newborn's life, it will still form.
- Gas formation and as a consequence, intestinal colic. This phenomenon is encountered by absolutely all children, when when feeding into the gastrointestinal tract air bubbles enter. They put pressure on the walls of the stomach and intestines, as a result of which the babe regurgitates.
- Overexcitation .At the age of 1 month, "evacuation of the contents" occurs in "impressionable" children, who are easily aroused. This reason is very rare and usually passes by 3 months.
How to determine: the norm or pathology?
Still, even knowing that the baby spits up on quite physiological reasons, which do not deliver it particularly unpleasant sensations, parents are worried that the process is repeated often, several times a day. And then, some babies regurgitate a lot, literally gush! What to do? WE WATCH FOR A WEIGHT IN A WEIGHT.
When the baby is recovering well, there is no reason to worry
If your baby is gaining weight according to their age, he sleeps well, is in good spirits, there is no cause for concern. Regurgitation in this case is associated exclusively with physiological age characteristics. All that my mother can do in this case is to try not to overfeed the crumbs. For example, you can try to take the chest earlier than usual. Or to prepare mixtures for an artificial person for several milliliters less.
If a child loses weight and often regurgitates, this is a signal that indicates that you need to seek help from a specialist. What can he point to?
Regurgitation as a disturbing symptom
This prolonged state, along with weight loss may be an indication of such problems:
Why baby spits up a fountain?
- Lactose intolerance to .It is associated with the lack of a special enzyme in the human stomach, lactase, which helps digest milk, or rather, breaks down a milk protein called lactose. If the enzyme is produced little or it is not available at all, the karapuz is simply unable to absorb milk, even if it is maternal. In such cases, the newborn is transferred to the lactose-free mixture.
- Digestive organs develop incorrectly .Such anomalies are usually associated with a reduced or enlarged size of the organs involved in digestion, a special, non-standard location and many others. The reason is set by the doctor after an appropriate examination.
- Infectious disease .The stomach of the baby, especially the first 2 months, is most vulnerable, so many infectious diseases are accompanied by regurgitation. Measure the temperature and watch the color of the output. Yellow shade can give an admixture of bile. And if the milk turns green, this is the reason for immediate contact with an ambulance doctor, as it may indicate an intestinal obstruction.
How to reduce the frequency of regurgitation
Why does this question arise, if it is clear that this is a normal physiological process? Because, whatever one may say, pleasant sensations, to put it mildly, are not enough in this.
The first thing you need to understand, the final frequent regurgitation will be to 6 months, when the child learns to sit on his own. Cardinal measures or miracle drugs do not exist.
Keeping a baby in a "pillar" is necessary for air bubbles to escape
Alternatively, you can serve your child with tea with fennel or simethicone based products( for example, espumizan).They are harmless and designed to fight gas generation. Thus, the pressure on the walls of the stomach decreases.
Here are a few more tricks:
- Keep the baby "pillar" after feeding. Such an old, time-tested method contributes to the escape of trapped air.
- Reduce the amount of food consumed. How to correctly calculate the reduction in volume, tells the pediatrician.
- Swaddling calms the baby's nervous system, which means that the pressure on the stomach walls decreases. It should be remembered that the legs are left free to avoid dysplasia of the hip joint.
- Do your child a gym and massage, just walk in the fresh air, bathe it every day, if possible, visit the pool. All this has a positive effect on the digestive tract.
To avoid regurgitation in a dream, put the baby on the back at an angle of 30 degrees( head at the top, legs at the bottom).Tilt the head to the side. In this situation, even if a belch occurs, it will not choke. It is not recommended to use a pillow during sleep or to put the baby on your tummy. This can lead to the syndrome of sudden child death.
We learned why a newborn can regurgitate after feeding and what can be done if they are frequent. Take care of yourself and your children.