Contents of the article
- 1 Characteristics of the drug substance
- 1.1 Indications for use
- 2 Features of the action and side effects of
- 3 How to take activated charcoal during pregnancy
- 3.1 4 rules for use
- 3.2 Emergencies
Activated carbon was invented inXVIII century in St. Petersburg pharmacist Tovi Lovitz. Initially, the remedy was used as a cleaner, but later used in industry and medicine. Activated carbon or carbon is produced from organic products containing carbon: wood, peat, coconut. Its qualities absorb small particles and oxidize chlorine and chloramine are used to neutralize and remove toxins from the body.
Properties of medicinal substance
Carboline is very porous, it is capable of absorbing particles and water of mass many times its own, therefore in medicine it is used for excretion and adsorption of toxins. This also benefits activated charcoal during pregnancy.
Indications for use
The above properties of carbolen have contributed to the widespread use of the drug in medicine. In particular, the preparation works well with:
- formation of gases and fermentation processes in the intestine;
- poisoning products, chemicals, drugs;
- diarrhea( that is, with diarrhea);
- viral infections;
- exacerbations of chronic liver, stomach, and intestinal diseases.
Features of the action and side effects of
Activated charcoal is quite cheap, affordable drug. But in its application there are limitations and contraindications. It is important to know the correct dosage, otherwise there are undesirable reactions associated with the dose.
- Small amount of carbylene .It causes a reverse osmotic process - harmful substances will be absorbed from the coal into the body.
- Exceeded the desired dose and frequency of admission. Coal adsorbs and useful substances needed for a pregnant woman and her baby: vitamins, minerals, fats.
Therefore, when taking carboline, follow the doctor's instructions and instructions for use.
In addition, activated charcoal can cause a woman to have such side effects:
- lack of vitamins and minerals;
- poor digestion of food;
- low pressure;
Therefore, carbolen can not be taken:
- longer than three to five days in a row;
- immediately before or after taking other medications, vitamins, supplements;
- if a woman is prone to gastric or intestinal bleeding;
- if the pregnant woman is addicted to constipation.
How to take activated charcoal during pregnancy
When asked if an activated charcoal can be given to pregnant women, the doctor will answer in the affirmative. During pregnancy, carbolen is prescribed often, as it is not absorbed into the blood and does not cause harm to the fetus. But you need to take it taking into account the characteristics of a woman, the symptoms that appear, and correctly following the dosage. Application in different trimesters
Activated charcoal during pregnancy in the early stages, in the middle and at the end of gestation is used for various reasons. Therefore, the appointment of the drug can be systematized in trimester.
- In the 1st trimester. Because of high progesterone( the "pregnancy hormone"), a woman has bloating and toxicosis. The remedy helps to fight these unpleasant symptoms.
- In the 2nd trimester. A pregnant woman may have heartburn. The growing uterus squeezes the digestive organs, while bile and gastric juice enter the esophagus and cause its irritation. In this case, Carboline absorbs acid and brings relief.
- In the 3rd trimester. The growth of the uterus causes even more compression of the organs, causing heartburn, stagnation of gases and swelling.
4 rules for the use of
In all of the above cases, carbolene should be taken in compliance with the following four rules.
- Grinding of tablets. Before applying the drug, it must be crushed and covered in half a glass of water or use a medicine in the form of a powder. Drink the suspension one hour after a meal.
- The correct dosage of .Tablets are calculated as follows: one tablet per 10 kg of a woman's weight. For example, if the weight is 60 kg, then you need to drink six tablets. If coal in the form of powder, for a day can take no more than 8 g.
- Admission with other medicines. Since activated carbon can adsorb the substance of another drug, you need to drink other medicines three hours after taking carbolen.
- Limitation of the reception time. Pregnant to take carbolen permissible once or courses for three days.
But not only heartburn, swelling and toxicosis can accompany pregnancy. A woman can face acute food poisoning or rotavirus infection, at any time of pregnancy. Carbolen can quickly, before the arrival of a doctor, and at home to remove symptoms such as:
In these cases, the dose of activated carbon can be exceeded to 30 g, the suspension should be drunk immediately at the first signs of the disease.
The appointment of activated carbon in late and early pregnancy completely justifies itself. After activated carbon during pregnancy relieves discomfort from bloating, heartburn, helps to cope with diarrhea and vomiting that affect the tone of the uterus and can become a threat to the bearing of the child.