- 1 little about "pregnancy hormone»
- 1.1 where does it come
- 1.2 How to assess the levels of the hormone
- 2 Other conditions that reflect HCG
- 2.1 What you need to
- 3 analysis of different table rules hCG Pregnancy
Before the invention of such precise methods, pregnancy was established by external signs or by gynecological examination. This led to the fact that not always the information on the period of bearing of the child was reliable, and during complications precious time was lost.
A bit about the "pregnancy hormone"
Today, a woman can learn about her interesting status, basing not only on her own feelings, examination of the gynecologist and the findings of the doctor of ultrasound. To understand that "it's finally happened" almost immediately possible, having passed a blood test. It will show the HG level.
The results are then compared with the data in the total table
Where does it come from
On the fifth or seventh day after conception, the embryo is attached to the wall of the uterus. His shell - the future placenta( or chorion) - begins to develop HG.This hormone "adjusts" the body of the future mother for the tasks of safe bearing of the child:
- there are changes in the uterus, ovaries, hormonal sphere;
- decreases the immunity of a woman so that the embryo is not rejected;
- increases the resistance of the future mother to stressful situations.
How to assess the level of the hormone
This is done in two ways. And with one of them is literally familiar to every woman who regularly lives sexually.
- The simplest test is .The first time a woman is faced with a method of determining hCG at the earliest pregnancy. It may even be the first day when it became clear that the "critical days" did not come on time. Then a woman buys a test in the pharmacy and makes the necessary manipulations using the morning urine. This is the easiest way for you to conduct a "study" at home or even at work, although it is less sensitive than blood tests.
- Blood test .Already in the 11th day of fertilization, that is, even before the delay monthly, by detecting hCG in the blood can be established that there was a conception. Sometimes confirmation of pregnancy the doctor recommends to be tested for the biological marker a few times to see the dynamics of hCG.The analysis is mandatory appointed on day 14 after IVF to confirm implantation. In addition, the deviations and diseases that are not related to the bearing of the child are identified.
Other conditions that reflect the hCG
The test is used to exclude pathologies. These can be the following states.
- When a pregnant woman is .Initially, elevated gonadotropin falls sharply and then remains low. However, to clarify the diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe additional examinations.
- With an ectopic pregnancy .The "pregnancy hormone" in this case is significantly reduced in comparison with the generally accepted "normal" values at the same gestation periods. The doctor may suspect this pathology, if a woman complains of pain, swelling and ultrasound in the uterus does not see the embryo. The analysis is scheduled every two days. When confirming the worst suspicions, the patient is urgently hospitalized.
- In the pathology of .The analysis is appointed starting from the eleventh week and at a later date. High rates of gonadotropin can indicate problems in the development of the fetus, or the risk of developing gestosis( hypertension of pregnant women).
- After the abortion of .For example, if the fetal membrane particles remain in the uterus, the level of the "pregnancy hormone" may not fall, and this will be an indication for further treatment of the patient.
What is needed for the analysis of
The analysis for HCG in the blood during pregnancy is as follows:
- the patient comes in the morning to the laboratory without breakfast( before the test can not eat for six hours);The
- lab technician takes blood from the vein;
- response is usually ready, after a few hours.
Different tables of hCG during pregnancy
So, the analysis is done, the result is on the hands. Now you can compare it with the figures in the tables by week. And in the early stages of the gonadotropin grows every 48-72 hours, so you can compare the changes even by days. There are also separate tables that reflect hCG when doubled.
Table - As gonadotropin is increasing by days
|Number of days after conception||Minimum hCG value||Average hCG||Maximum hCG value|
Table - Weekly rates of the hormone hCG during pregnancy
|Number of weeks after conception||Level of hCG|
Table - indicators of hCG, if a woman is just two weeks Number of children
|approximate levels of hCG|
Table - Limits "hubbub pregnancy" if it was in vitro fertilization
|Age of the embryo from the day of puncture||Minimum level of hCG||Average level of hCG||Maximum level of hCG|
But it should be remembered that each organism is individual, therefore there is always a risk of inaccuracy in calculations. In addition, the norms of different laboratories may vary. And the results of even such precise methods of diagnosis should always be accompanied by comments and advice from a doctor.
Analysis of hCG during pregnancy in conjunction with a gynecologist's consultation helps a woman in the early stages to confirm her position, relieve the emotional tension and start making plans for the future. Having determined the period of pregnancy, she can share the news with relatives, plan registration in the women's consultation, travel, maternity leave and much more. Thus, determining the level of hCG during pregnancy is one of the necessary conditions for a good preparation for the period of maternity.