- 1 tactics behavior women
- 2 security tools
- 2.1 «Paracetamol»
- 2.2 «Ibuprofen»
- 2.3 «naproxen»
- 2.4 «Tsitramon»
- 3 Medicines in vascular pathology
- 3.1 Migraine
- 3.2 Hypertension
- 4 Unsuitable
There are at least forty diseases that cause a headache. But when it comes to nursing mom, often the disease is not related to her condition. A frequent cause of headache development is chronic fatigue. It is known that in seventy percent of cases, an unpleasant reaction of the body causes fatigue, stress.
The behavior of a woman
A regularly repeated headache requires a woman to adjust her lifestyle and take a closer look at her own health.
- Get more rest. The lack of sleep causes not only a sense of heaviness and the feeling of a "steel hoop" around the head. It negatively affects the level of lactation, so try to rest more often.
- Think about the diseases before pregnancy. After the birth, chronic migraines can return, headaches due to hypertension, osteochondrosis. If the reason is clear, it will be easier to deal with the problem.
- Use official medicine. When the headaches with breastfeeding, folk remedies seem safer than tablets. However, according to doctors, this is not so. Folk remedies have not been tested for compatibility with lactation, there is no data on the intensity of their penetration into breast milk, the impact on the child. Some have a depressing effect on lactation, for example, sage, scarlet, senna. More safe during breastfeeding will be tablets approved for use on the basis of clinical trials.
- Begin treatment quickly. There is no point in enduring pain in the hope that it will pass by itself. There is a list of effective and safe medications that will help with headache during lactation.
- Use safe means. Make sure that the medicine is authorized for use during lactation, will allow an annotation to it. See the section "Application during pregnancy and lactation".If there is no prohibition, you can use the drug.
Than to treat a headache at thoracal feeding? Consider the features of the effects on the body of mother and baby of popular drugs.
The only drug in respect of which complex studies were conducted on the effects on the body of a nursing mother and child. According to the European testing center ALSPAC, its safety in relation to the mother and fetus has been proved. Twelve thousand pregnant women participated in the study.
Based on this test, the World Health Organization recommends "Paracetamol" and analogues containing this active ingredient( "Panadol", "Kalpol", "Efferalgan") for headache in lactation as a drug of choice. Breast milk droops about 20% of the active substance, while there is no evidence of its adverse effects on the child.
A lactating woman can prevent the baby from consuming milk with the active substance if she takes the dose immediately after feeding. The maximum concentration of the substance in the blood plasma, and accordingly, in milk, is reached within two hours, after which it gradually decreases. Take the drug should be taken once in case of a headache. It is allowed to take 325-660 micrograms regularly every 2-3 days( 1-2 tablets depending on the dosage) every 6 hours.
A modern non-steroidal preparation with a pronounced analgesic effect. It is a drug that is fully compatible with breastfeeding, according to the medical reference book "Medicines and Milk of the Mother" by Thomas Hale( 2010 edition).
Milk penetrates no more than 0,7% of the dosage taken by the mother. To reduce this volume allows reception of the product immediately after feeding. In the therapeutic dose does not have a negative effect on the baby's body. Safe dosage - 400 micrograms every 6-8 hours while symptoms persist.
Another nonsteroidal drug with anti-inflammatory effect. Officially recognized as compatible with the period of lactation. According to doctors, it becomes a safe solution to the question of what to drink from a headache with lactation. Its single administration is recommended in case of a sudden attack of a headache.
However, the medical reference book "Medicines and milk of the mother" T. Hale indicated a single registered case, associated with the receipt of this tool. The newborn had prolonged bleeding and acute anemia after taking Napproxen by the mother.
Reducing the risk of adverse reactions will allow taking the pill immediately after feeding. Or the replacement of "Naproksena" with an analog( "Ibuprofen").Therapeutic safe dosage of the drug is 200-500 mg twice a day.
To consider "Citramon" completely safe tablets from a head at a lactemia it is not necessary. In the reference book of medicines it is classified as compatible with breastfeeding, but only in a single dosage. Its composition includes aspirin, caffeine and paracetamol. Negative reactions in the form of increased excitability of the baby, regurgitation can provoke caffeine, and aspirin is dangerous for bleeding.
When there is no other medicine at hand, and the head hurts unbearably, you can drink Citramon once. But for a systematic intake, it does not fit. Its more preferred analogs are Citramon Extra, which does not contain aspirin, but increases the dosage of caffeine. And funds with a proven safe effect - "Paracetamol", "Ibuprofen".
Drugs for vascular pathology
The cause of headache in a nursing woman may be a vascular pathology, which causes frequent migraines, increases intracranial pressure. In this case, the doctor should prescribe the medicine, assessing the risks for the mother and the child, focusing on the preservation of natural feeding.
Treatment of migraine is carried out with drugs based on ergot alkaloids. They narrow the vessels, reduce the excitability of nerve cells. Nursing women can be assigned funds of the group "Ergotamins": "Zomig", "Dihydroergotamine", "Rizatriaptan".
However, it is important to take into account that no full studies on the effect of these drugs on the body of an infant and a nursing mother have been conducted. There were isolated cases of nausea and vomiting of the baby, convulsive syndrome. Therefore, the receipt of these funds is possible only in case of emergency.
With increasing intracranial pressure, the pain is localized in the occiput, felt pressing, pulsating. Treatment of the disease and its effects in women during lactation is not practiced, since controlled studies on the safety of the drugs used were not conducted.
However, some drugs are recognized as relatively safe and can be prescribed to women during lactation. These include "Enalapril" and its analogues "Enap", "Renitek".These drugs are allowed to be taken by nursing women in Western countries. In the Russian register of medicines they are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation.
Prohibited substances may seem safe, because some of them are allowed during pregnancy, for example, "Atenol", "Nebivolol".However, they can cause negative reactions from the child's body. Therefore, the treatment of hypertension should be carried out under the strict supervision of a doctor with the probability of stopping breastfeeding for a period of hypertensive crises.
Popular analgesics used to treat headaches can not be used during lactation. These include "Analgin" and containing a similar active substance "Pentalgin", "Tempalgin", "Sedalgin."The international medical directory uses the names of the active substance Metamizole and Dipyrone. They are part of the drugs "Baralgin", "Spazmalgon", "Baralgetas", "Benalgin."
- In breast milk, no more than 1.2% of the volume of active substance consumed by the mother falls. But this is enough to cause acute disruption of hematopoiesis and inhibition of kidney function.
- Combined medicines( for example, Sedalgin) include phenobarbital, caffeine. The first is able to cause depression of the child's nervous system. The second, on the contrary, stimulates its activity, which is manifested by a violation of sleep, vomiting, convulsions.
- Analgin is banned for use in seventy countries of the world. It is proved that the drug causes a violation of the blood composition with regular use, provokes the development of leukopenia, thrombocytopenia. In the CIS countries the drug is still used. Moreover, in the official register of medicines in Russia is classified as one that can be taken with caution during the period of breastfeeding.
Headache with lactation can be troubling for many reasons. The question of how to treat it, usually solved by some drugs. Choose those whose safety is proven in clinical trials. Means forbidden to be taken by nursing women can cause severe damage to the child's body.