The content of the article
- 1 Why to like fish
- 2 The benefits and harms of the fish table
- 3 Choose the "right" fish
- 3.1 7 signs of a good product
- 4 Fish casserole as in a kindergarten: 3 recipes
- 4.1 Carrofish soufflé steamed or in the oven
- 4.2 Fish cakes in the multivariate
- 4.3 Fish and rice pudding
Fish( sea or river) should be present in the human diet as often as possible. It contains a rich set of vital components: calcium and phosphorus, iodine and magnesium, iron, zinc, vitamins A, E, D, protein and the famous fatty acids Omega-3.
Why to fish
People who often eat fish are less sick than others, do not suffer from excess weight, they have a strong cardiovascular system and they look younger for longer. For example, the famous "fish-eaters" -Japanese differ from representatives of other peoples with sound health and longevity.
For children, fish nutrition is not l
In addition, lovers of low-fat food is pleased with the calorie content of fish. Depending on the variety, it ranges from 80 to 200 kcal per 100 g.
Benefits and harm of the fish table
Useful properties of fish are not limited to the presence of a quality light protein. In the gentle fillet of river and marine inhabitants, there are a lot of "utilities" responsible for a certain "sector" of the development of the child's organism.
- Omega-3. Unsaturated fatty acids are a source of nutrition for the brain and heart. They improve mental activity, which is very important for schoolchildren, and also promote normal blood flow and reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
- Iodine. The presence of a sufficient amount of iodine in the body normalizes the functioning of the thyroid gland. Iodine is very rich in marine fish. For example, an adult should eat enough two hundred grams of mackerel to provide the body with a daily norm of iodine.
- Phosphorus. This natural energetic has a positive effect on the nervous system, improves activity and efficiency, which is also important for children who are constantly in the process of cognition. In addition, phosphorus is needed for the muscular system, bones and tissues.
- Vitamin A. Works for the benefit of the organs of vision.
- Vitamin D. Stimulates the production of many hormones, promotes the absorption of calcium in the body.
- Vitamins of group B. Beneficial effect on the digestive and nervous systems.
- Vitamin PP. Serves as a remedy for the prevention of skin diseases, helps proteins, carbohydrates and fats to be properly digested.
Choose the "right" fish
When choosing fish for baby food, it is better to give preference to marine representatives of the genus. Unlike their river counterparts, they are more "pure" and rich in valuable substances. For example, the fillet of marine representatives contains a huge amount of iodine, so necessary for the body. And also nutrients of biogenes, which, in turn, gives its inhabitants seawater. The whole fish is divided into three varieties.
- Low-fat fish( 0.3-1.3%). This is cod, hake, perch, flounder, pollock, navaga, haddock.
- Fish of medium fat content( 4-8%). These are bream, Baltic herring, pike perch, pike, carp, catfish, keta, pink salmon.
- Fatty fish( from 9%). This includes sprat, salmon, herring, omul, halibut, salmon, mackerel, eel.
7 signs of a good product
Ideally, a fish snack for a child should be prepared from freshly caught fish. However, this is not always possible, therefore, when choosing a fish in the store, make sure it is "unspoiled".This can be determined by seven characteristics.
- Clear eyes. Uncorrected chilled fish has a hard, shiny scales and the same eyes. White povoloka on the face speaks about the wrong storage of the product, the signs of spoilage.
- Pure gills. They should not be mucus, yellow. Color - red, pink.
- Weak odor of the .It is not forbidden to smell fresh fish near the counter: the product should have a mild "watery" smell, the odor of iodine or the sea. At the slightest hint of rottenness, refuse to buy.
- Freshness test. Push your finger onto the belly of the fish. If the track from the click disappears immediately, you can safely take this instance.
- White and pink fillets. When choosing a fish fillet, a plaster, pay attention to the color. It should be white or with a pink tinge( for red fish, respectively, red).Instances of yellowish, grayish color do not suit us.
- Uniform frost. If you buy a freshly frozen hake or perch, pay attention to the amount of ice on the carcass. If the sides of the icing are more extensive - it is a sign that the product has been subjected to repeated freezing-defrosting. In quality fish, the layer of ice should be uniform and thin.
- Thick body. Thawed fish should be dense, do not loosen up and do not break up into pieces. By the way, it is better to defrost the product in slightly salted water, in order to preserve the maximum number of useful properties.
Fish casserole as in kindergarten: 3 recipes
The best ways of cooking fish for children are cooking in water and steaming, baking, putting out. If you want a child without caprices to eat this most valuable product, try cooking a fish casserole in a kindergarten. We offer you three popular recipes.
Carrot-fish soufflé for a couple or in the oven
Description. Besides carrots, you can add other vegetables to this dish. Thanks to the careful grinding of components, your child will not even notice their presence.
What to cook:
- fish fillet - 500 g;
- water - if necessary;
- carrots - one;
- egg is one;
- milk - half cup;
- flour - two teaspoons;
- Cut the fillets into small pieces and put them on a heated frying pan.
- Lightly fry the fillets and add water to the frying pan.
- Top with grated carrots( or other vegetables if desired).
- Stir without stirring for 15 minutes.
- Roasted fish and carrot mass to scroll through a meat grinder.
- Pour in the egg yolk.
- For sauce - pour milk into a sauté pan and add flour.
- Mix well and cook until thick.
- Whit egg whites in a foam.
- Mix the protein mass and the sauce with the fish-vegetable mince.
- Put the semi-finished product in the form.
- You can cook in a double boiler, in a water bath or in an oven at 200 ° C.
- After half an hour the dish is ready.
Fish Cupcakes in the Multivariate
Description. This is a fish casserole recipe like in a kindergarten. It is convenient to prepare a dish in a multivariate. Then it turns out not only delicious, but also fast.
What to cook:
- fish fillet - 300 g;
- white bread - 4 pieces;
- eggs - two;
- salt - to taste;
- bulb - one small;
- butter - for processing the mold.
- Pour the milk into the bowl and soak the bread in it.
- Bread squeeze and pass through a meat grinder along with onions and fish fillets.
- In the fish mince add eggs and salt.
- Put the mass in the oily bowl of the multivarker.
- Cook in the multivarker in the "Baking" mode for half an hour.
Fish and rice pudding
Description. Fish in combination with rice has a more pronounced taste. This dish is very nutritious, useful, ideal for a diet menu.
What to cook:
- fish fillet - 500 g;
- rice is a glass;
- salt - to taste;
- milk - 100 ml;
- flour - a dessert spoon;
- egg is one.
- Boil the fillets.
- Boil the rice.
- Mix rice and fish, add salt to taste.
- For sauce - pour the milk into a saucepan, add flour and, stirring, heat until dissolving lumps and thickening.
- Sauce to salt.
- In the form put layers of rice and fish mixture and sauce, alternating them until the ingredients run out.
- Cover the top layer with a beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven at 180-200 ° C until browning of the top layer - about 20 minutes.
According to this recipe, fish casserole is obtained not only as a kindergarten, but even tastier. When introducing fish into the baby's diet, consider that this product is a strong allergen, so at the first signs of a negative reaction of the body, exclude representatives of the aquatic world for a while from the menu.
As a rule, by the age of two it is already clear which freshwater or marine inhabitants are well tolerated by the organism of your child. It is from this age that you start offering delicate soufflé with a fragrant taste for dinner to your son or daughter. To get a casserole with fish as in the garden, you need to cook with love and a proven recipe. Then the crumb must ask for an additive.